Skin from nipple falling off???

Sweety21

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

How are u all doing?? I hope u and babies are doing great and i wish for everyone's good health...
So, ladies I am here again with a weird question. Few days ago I noticed brownish skin from aerola on my bra (dry skin falling off)and I was cool about it..
But, today was in horror to see my nipple's topmost skin came off one by one on tissue which I held to clear off my one hanging breast tissue( sorry for gross and tmi). But, soon I noticed the whole solid particles came of from both breast.. :nope:

I have no freaking idea what was it. I have not started leaking yet but, is it start???? I could have understood if it was something kind of chapped skin but, it was literally tiny pebbles ( if that makes sense).

Please let me know any of you know what it was.. And is it suppose to happen?

I've never heard of this, so I'd definitely get it checked as soon as possible. It might be just dry skin, in which case lanolin will help. But definitely get seen, just to be sure!

I'm not sure if I'm following exactly without seeing what you mean...but if you are saying what I think you are saying...if could be dried milk from your nipples.

Do get it looked at tho to ease your mind. I hope everything is ok!!

:hugs:

I get this, dried milk but looks like hard skin until you pick it off. I just pick it away and they are fine

Your colostrum is probably slowly leaking withough you knowing and just drying in your nipple. I get it too, and I think it's normal around this stage. I bet if you squeezed your nipple some colostrum would come out :) Just wash it softly in the shower, but don't go picking at it as you may risk infection to your ducts.

Im pretty sure I have exactly what youre talking about. For me its just that my colostrum is leaking and drying out my nipples. If I pick it off my nipples look red and almost raw underneath the dry skin, but they dont hurt or anything. Smear a bit of coconut oil on them and it should help :)

This happened to me this week too!! I actually posted a similar post and no one replied. I thought I was all alone! I thought it might just be dried milk/colostrum or something since I've actually had it there for a very long time (since I bfed my 1st) it's certainly strange, but I don't think it's anything to worry about

Thanks you all for replies... I am pretty sure it is my skin because it was there even before I got pregnant only difference is, it never got peeled off (all of it). Reason I am so sure of it because after i cleaned it off there was hollow space in my nipples and i could see I think colostrum.

Sorry it so difficult to put in words and i know little confusing but, i will bring it up in my Saturday appointment as you ladies have pointed out it could cause infection. Also, even though gross next time it happens try and capture pic of it.

Im pretty sure I have exactly what youre talking about. For me its just that my colostrum is leaking and drying out my nipples. If I pick it off my nipples look red and almost raw underneath the dry skin, but they dont hurt or anything. Smear a bit of coconut oil on them and it should help :)

Hey chickenmommy, won't Dried Colostrum will look like dried semen or the stuff that we sometimes wake up which is near our eyes?? Sorry no experience so, just want to confirm.:shrug:

I'm not sure if I'm following exactly without seeing what you mean...but if you are saying what I think you are saying...if could be dried milk from your nipples.

Do get it looked at tho to ease your mind. I hope everything is ok!!

:hugs:

Sorry i cannot put it in words..... Will get it checked out in my next appointment. Thanks for trying to understand me :hugs:

Hey chickenmommy, won't Dried Colostrum will look like dried semen or the stuff that we sometimes wake up which is near our eyes?? Sorry no experience so, just want to confirm.:shrug:

not in my experience. it either gets absorbed and dries you out or gets clogged in the nipple and hardens to teeny tiny pebble-like things for me.

This happened to me before I started leaking colostrum. It is actual pieces of skin. I used nivea creme on them for a couple days when it would happen. The stuff is really thick and made a huge difference. Now that I'm leaking, I rub the colostrum on my nipples and air dry them. Haven't had problems since using either method.

This happened to me before I started leaking colostrum. It is actual pieces of skin. I used nivea creme on them for a couple days when it would happen. The stuff is really thick and made a huge difference. Now that I'm leaking, I rub the colostrum on my nipples and air dry them. Haven't had problems since using either method.

Ohh, it is another joy of pregnancy??.. this gives me hope that everything is fine. I will start using my waleda massage oil which can be used on breast as well as tummy in maternity. Thanks for feedback and giving me peace of mind.

not in my experience. it either gets absorbed and dries you out or gets clogged in the nipple and hardens to teeny tiny pebble-like things for me.

I see. Than may be this is start for me i guess.. after shedding old skin colostrum might start coming. Will wait and watch, ofcourse will ask my doc just to be sure I am not having any infection. Thanks alot:hugs:

I've had exactly the same last two days, I thought it was milk but I think on looking its dried skin, it's just a very thin top layer that seems to have rubbed off when wearing my bra. I actually showed dh before reading this! Xx

I've had exactly the same last two days, I thought it was milk but I think on looking its dried skin, it's just a very thin top layer that seems to have rubbed off when wearing my bra. I actually showed dh before reading this! Xx

Hi Oasis, seen you here after long time (may be time difference).
I have been seeing the chapped skin episodes from 23weeks onwards and always see it on my bra when i remove it. But, the tiny pebbles like thing freaked me out (all of my nipple's top most skin is gone). Anyways, hope this is another joy of pregnancy.

Hi hunni:) it's funny you should say that cause yesterday when I looked there was also a tiny roundish white lump that came off which I presumed was skin or milk but after you saying that I'm wondering if it wasnt actually a tiny piece of my nipple as i had the same when breast feeding ds 4 and lost a piece of my nipple:( my nipples are now on looking in my bra sticky and a bit wet, sorry if tmi! Hope it's normal! Xx ps all of my top skin on both nipples is now gone x

Hi hunni:) it's funny you should say that cause yesterday when I looked there was also a tiny roundish white lump that came off which I presumed was skin or milk but after you saying that I'm wondering if it wasnt actually a tiny piece of my nipple as i had the same when breast feeding ds 4 and lost a piece of my nipple:( my nipples are now on looking in my bra sticky and a bit wet, sorry if tmi! Hope it's normal! Xx ps all of my top skin on both nipples is now gone x

Ha ha.. Let's just presume it is normal thing like all others weird things in pregnancy. Whatever it was, I think it is mother nature's way of preparing us for bf. thanks for sharing, no info is tmi in pregnancy as we all know. It is sharing that makes us aware of our body.

The excat thing is happening to me please let me know what your doctors are saying about this situation.

Hey there!
This post is year old, I wrote it during my last few months of pregnancy. To answer you, it is normal thing. Our body is preparing us for bf and hence the tiny little pebbles like things. It was start of colostrum coming in for me. Hope you come back and get your answer.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->