Skipping a clothes size - anyone else doing this?

Khloeee

Reaction score
Looking online at the next size up in clothes for Arlo and realised that I'm probably better off skipping out 6-9 altogether and buying most things in 9-12. Not because he's big for his age, but just to cut costs. There seems to be so little difference in the sizes sometimes that I'm sure he'd be fine in 9-12 trousers with the bottoms rolled up. T-shirts and jumpers may be a little baggy for a month or so but not so much that it would look weird.

My LO skips clothing sizes on his own anyways when he was a growth spurt. He's recently had a big one and went from size 9-12 months to size 18-24 months :wacko:. I had bought him a few 12-18 month things and I put them on him and they were already a bit snug. Granted, size 18-24 months are a tad on the big size ATM, but he's more comfy in them and I'm not going to buy more of a size that im sure he will only be in for another few weeks. Go for it hun :thumbup:.

Ella didn't stay in 6-9mths very long.
She isn't a chunky monkey but she is very long legged and trousers and sleepsuits became too short too soon.
Typically, 6-9mths was the clothes size I told everyone to buy as gifts!
Now she is almost 10mths and has a new problem, the majority of her clothes are 9-12mths and she has been in them a while (like you say - the odd sleeve folded in etc) and they are starting to get too short in the body or the leg but the next size up 1-1.5yrs is MASSIVE!!! I have looked at Sainsburys where I get most of her clothes from, Asda, Tesco etc and they are all very big.
I refuse to spend a fortune, her trousers wear at the knees as she is always lazy crawling so I have no idea what to do.
At the moment tights are skirts are common.
The leggings I had 9-12mths are ok in length still but they are so loose like tracksuit bottoms because she just doesn't have the weight. Clothes are such a hassle.

Also, I find everything I buy from m&s is massive. Don't think he'll be out of those 3-6m sleepsuits and trousers for a while so might as well keep him in those for as long as possible and then move straight to 9-12.

The leggings I had 9-12mths are ok in length still but they are so loose like tracksuit bottoms because she just doesn't have the weight. Clothes are such a hassle.

Arlo has some m&s footed leggings/trouser type things in 3-6 that are STILL baggy on him, they are really long!

Am doing the same thing especially with vests and sleepsuits where it doesnt matter if theyre a bit too big, theyre too expensive to be buying every few weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->