Sky+ box has packed up

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
So now we have no tv at all as we live in a brand new house which doesn't have a normal aerial!:hissy:

It's been playing up for a couple of weeks, but normally rebooting it fixes it. Last Sunday we were in the middle of watching something from the planner and it froze. When I rebooted it, I got a message saying there was nothing on the planner and we couldn't record anything. I phoned Sky and a guy talked me through doing a system reset. It brought all the things back up on the planner, and it worked okay for about 24 hours.

But last night (during X-Factor!!:hissy:), it went completely. It now will only turn on for about 3 minutes, then the screen pops and I get funny odd coloured lines, the box turns off and won't turn on until it's been unplugged for 10 minutes.

I have a child with chicken pox so can't leave the house and now no bloody tv! How are we going to cope!!! :rofl:

I've managed to get my laptop hooked up to the tv, so at least have watched the X factor results show. And obviously we can watch things on download, i-player, films, etc., so not a tragedy.

My poor parents are coming here to look after spotty Charlie while I go work tomorrrow though, and I'll have my laptop with me, so I've got to attempt to get Kayleigh's to work on the tv, then give them a crash course on how to work it!!!!:dohh:

Does anyone know what Sky will offer me when I phone? The box is about 3 years old so definitely out of warranty. But I really can't afford to buy a new one outright. Do they let you add it to the monthly bill over a few months????

i'm not sure what they do honey, poor you though, i love our sky+, hope its fixed soon and charlie's feeling better soon :hugs:

Sorted it. Phew!

Cost me £65 on the next bill, but an engineer is coming tomorrow and is guaranteed to fix it or they'll replace it. The box won't even turn on now, so I'm sure it'll be a replacement.

Got In The Night Garden episodes that we've got on the hard drive on the tv all day now!!! :dohh:

Awww hun that sucks :hugs: I hope you get everything sorted and get your tv back soon!!!!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->