Sleep Bags???

Shortcake01

Reaction score
Hi ladies, my friend has recently had a baby and said she gave up on the sleep bags as when she was trying to breast feed they got in the way and she couldnt get a good grip on baby to hold her.
Im due in November and thought these would be fab but this does slightly concern me, does anyone have these and breast feed successfully or would you take baby out?:shrug:
Thanks! xxx

I've never heard of anyone having trouble breastfeeding due to sleep bags! I didn't use them with a newborn (I used a swaddle). It sounds like your friend was struggling with breastfeeding positions and sort of blamed the bag for it, IMO.

Hmmm, never heard of that either! Maybe she was using bags that were the wrong size? Dunno, even if they were big I wouldn't have thought it would matter as they would just be hanging off the end of the baby. I BF my DD until 7 months. I swaddled until about 3 months and had to take her out of the swaddle to BF as she didn't like it (she wanted to put her hands on me) then re-swaddle after the feed. After 3 months, when she could fight her way out of the swaddle I switched to sleeping bags. I just BF her with the bag still on her during night feeds at that point.

Baby sleeping bags are fab IMO.

Personally I would take them out the sleep bag to feed, if I were to use one. I used one with my last son when he was a bit older, and I found that they were fab with him and he stayed asleep. I am thinking of using one from birth this time around, but depends on the size of the baby. I will have blankets incase.

Its not put me off getting one just a tad confused really! She has struggled breast feeding so possibly right, but I was thinking of waiting until baby was a bit older before using the sleeping bags anyway. xxx

I recommend a swaddle and then a sleeping bag when baby is ready to be unswaddled (which for mine was 10 months, LOL, embarassing!). Many newborns love swaddles and yes, it does make BF a little easier as they are just like tucking a little sausage around! Maybe that came out wrong, hah.

Yes, BF is usually hard in the beginnig to find a correct position, I suspect that a loose sleeping bag made it hard for her to get a proper grip as she was trying various holds, but that's more down to inexperience/difficulty with BF than a problem with the bag itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->