Sleep problems.

nievesmama

Proud mum of 3 xx
Reaction score
Now i know this is a rod i made for my own back so to speak, but its driving me mad now.
Nieve will not fall asleep on her own. In the day she has to be rocked in her bouncy chair, shes 13 mths but still small enough to sit in it!!
At night i cant leave her to go in her cot as she gets really upset,and i dont want her keeping the older two awake, so i let her snuggle into me, then take her up when asleep. Yet if she wakes for a drink in the night, she will doze off again straight away.
A lot of the reason she sleeps on me , is because of trouble i had when she was born, her father threatened to abduct her so understandably i wouldnt let her out my sight.
But she really needs to start going to sleep on her own.
Any advice will be gratefully taken xx

logan use to be the same, he was younger though about 6 motnhs i think it was when i decided it had to change and i did the cio method. i just put him to bed and left him to cry. at first i would go up after 5 mins , lay him back down give him his blanket and dummy ect, then 10 mins then 15 and so on and then literally within few days i didnt need to go back up at all hed cry for couple minutes then go quiet and eventually to sleep. and then when this was done i did the same with nap times as he use to sleep in his bouncer then too and only in his bouncer, this habbit was hard to break but i stuck to it and it worked. then i went through it all agin at 9 months when i got rid of his dummy. it was harder this time but he eventually did it an bed times and nap times got easier. and now i just take him up to his room and he knows its sleep time and pretty much goes straight off, sometimes hel get out of bed has a little cry but doesnt last long because he knows there no point so withing 5 minutes he climbs back into bed and goes sleep.

i dont know if this will be any help to you as youve said you dont want to leave her to cry cus of the other kids which is understandable but i donbt really know what else to suggest , hope things get better soon & someone else can hopefully offer you some better advice :hugs: xxx

I think I'm going to have to take that advice. Charlotte will only sleep in our bed and if we put her in her bed after she's down she'll wake up and come back to our bed. VERY frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->