Sleep Sense Support Group!

Hello girls :hi:

Well after a very busy week were finally calming down now to get back into routine.
Things havent been too off, were still doing the same routing for getting Alex down for naps and night sleeping, hes just taking longer to settle recently. Were edging very close to the 10 min mark, sometimes even past it but hes been doing the type of cry that i feel i dont need to go in for (the whingy sorta cry)

That's great that you were able to pretty much stay on track when there was a lot going on, it's easy for things to slide when you are busy isn't it. I know exactly what you mean about the whingy cry, I feel OK to leave Thomas when he is just whinging too because he isn't upset just whinging.

I think i forsee some unsettled sleeping soon, Alex just took his first steps :D

FIRST STEPS!!! CONGRATS! How exciting!! Did you capture the moment? :dance::dance:

Poppy, Bump - I definitely felt more tired for the first few days, I think it's the emotional stress, too...but pretty soon you'll be having fabulous sleeps :hugs:

P - thanks for the advice, this thread is so reassuring! DH was laughing, as I sprinted over to ask you all this morning :D

Only in my mind :lol:
Rob shouted to get in the room quick as Alex was standing i legged it in just in time to se him make a few steps :D

I think i forsee some unsettled sleeping soon, Alex just took his first steps :D

Wow congratulations to Alex!! That is so exciting! At least it's a good reason for possible sleep interruptions!

Wow go Alex - first steps! Can't wait for those. What a clever boy!

Jacs - Love the new picture - he is so cute!

Redpoppy and bumpontherun - good luck on night two. Keep it up and I hope it gets better for you tonight.

LO is improving - 3 hours of naps at the CM but then even more grumpy tonight. How does that work? Anyway went to bed like a lamb. Hopefully without the two hours up tonight. I think it will be snuggle back to sleep so OH gets enough sleep for interview tomorrow.

Probably missed loads of stuff - busy day will try to catch up on all posts later, but got to pretend to be director of county council for tomorrows interview.

HG - hope you have a calm night, sounds like Phoebe is doing so well with the naps! DD tends to get a bit grumpy when she's catching up on sleep (like mother, like daughter!) so could be the same sorta thing?

Hope all goes well with Mr HGs interview (both this evening and tomorrow ;))

DD went to bed v.well...she's making some new noises (we're tuning in on the monitor) which sounds like scales on the piano. V sweet. Until she finishes with a dinosaur noise hehehe :D

Evening ladies, Just a quickie from me.

We're having some unsettled night again - back to the wakings at 3am as well as needing 2 feeds :wacko: He had a few quiet days so I should have known that there was going to be a big jump. He's developed hair overnight, expanded lengthwise, shouting at things that he wants and throwing himself at things too (nearly fell off the sofa this afternoon :dohh:) so I think we're into the 6 month growth spurt....ahhh god bless 'em! lol On the plus side, his naps are going great guns! 3 naps all 1 hour today (sleeping lots too....hmm another spurt symptom! lol)

Hoping for a better night tonight as I'll actually be prepared for it. Last 2 nights have been something of a hotch potch and I've lost abour 6 hours sleep altogether lol. :sleep:

AG - Congrats on Alex's first steps!! :happydance:

Hope we're all doing ok. :flower:

Hi girls!

Well done Alex on the first steps! Fantastic!

Poppy, sounds like you had a really good first night, well done! Hope tonight will be even better for you!

Bumpontherun, I hope after your stressful start that things are going to get better and better for you! I think as Polaris said (I think) if you can do naps and nights at the same time then that's fab,but I'd say if you're finding the days too much focus on nights first. Naps are hard, some days we don't manage them still, and on bad days I just go out with the pushchair.

TG- Sounds like DD didn't need that feed, I am pretty sure she would have let you know of she did!

We had a much better night last night. Abigail woke at 1.30am and started her new favourite trick which is loudly kicking the side of her cot with both legs:dohh:

She was kicking away happily until 2am when she started crying so I fed her. She then went until 5.50 which is a bit early for morning but almost acceptable, so I fed her again,and she went down again until 8.15! I got a lovely lie in! Naps have gone better today too, Tuesdays are always good as she does swimming and it wears her out! This afternoon we had our weekly NCT tea at someone's house and she got really grizzly, so I managed to get her to settle and have her nap in her car seat in their lounge. Not quite sleepsense, but even so, good skills! I think the thing that's helped us most in the past week is the intorduction of a blankie. I know Dana recommends it but I honestly never thought it would make that much difference. She has two, she has a taggie for out and about in the day, and she really loves that.She sucks on the labels and puts herself to sleep. For naps in her cot, she has her homemade rabbit blankie, which is much thinner (becasue I am so paranois about suffocation I won't let her have the taggie in her cot, even to put herself to sleep!) OH has started putting her rabbit blankie over her face and she goes to sleep so much quicker! I made the blankie very small and thin but it still freaks me out! As soon as she's dropped off I go up and move it. It has really helped a lot though.

Hope everyone has had a good bedtime and we're all in for a good night!We have to get up early for weigh in tomorrow, so sod's law it'll be a bad one ;)

Hiya ladies....hope you all ok! Those having trouble please hang in there! Im almost scared to write this..i cant believe my luck..Paddy has cut 3 teeth in as many days but friday night,sunday night and monday night hes slept through!!!!!

Aimee-Lou - good luck with the growth spurt! Our six month spurt was an epic one :D The shouting at things our LOs want is hilarious, isn't it? DD really yells with a little frown!! Hope you have a good night :hugs:

Cattia - what a good lie in! Loving the sound of the blankies...I may try one for the naps that are unsettled. Especially like the idea of home-made thin one...how did you make it?

Hello lovelies :hi:

I have tried to quickly read all of the posts on here and will reply in more depth shortly (OH is away until Friday so I have lots of jobs to do in the evening, try and eat and look after Elliott etc..) so I don't have so much time on my hands at the moment.

We have had a lovely day. Naps have still been short (30-40 minutes) but I'm going to take all of your advice and get the nights cracked first. Hopefully naps will be easier to sort out after he has learnt to self settle at night.

I have been really nervous about tonight....I don't know why. I guess it's because I want an improvement on last night and don't know what is going to happen.

I put Elliott to bed at about 7:15pm. I put him down awake and he self settled perfectly as usual. He cried out and stirred about 10 minutes ago and everything went quiet within 30 seconds :happydance::happydance: He may have been sleep babbling but it didn't sound like he had his dummy (funny what you can make out over a monitor!!). FINGERS CROSSED this is the start of a good thing.

Lots of love to you all and I hope you have good night (BUMPONTHERUN - hang in there and good luck for tonight).

xxxx

Great poppy - you are so brave to do it on your own. They do get there with this!

Aimee- Phoebe has been eating for Britain today but with solids. She shouted at me until I produced a second full pot of veg for her to eat (she had seen me put it in the fridge and thought - I want that!, polished of a yoghurt, a rusk and then attempted to eat her trousers. Drained her milk at bedtime and then passed out in a great impression of her daddy who crashes out after similar excess (well his is beer and food rather than milk).

Shampain - great news!

As for noises over the monitor. Her current favourites are:
Banging her hand along the bars
pumping
shouting at her feet and at Harriet (her bear)

Wish I could have a lie in! I have to be up at 6 to get to work on time. LO gets up later than me now :nope:

Poppy, great progress so far! I hope you have an even better night tonight, but even if you don't, don't be discouraged, all new things take time to master :) Also don't worry about reading and replying to all the posts, there are so many! You can just post to update how things are going for you, we're all keen to know how one another is doing. Shampain, great progress! If they can sleep through teething they can sleep through anything.

TG - I made Abigail's blankie from a fleece blanket that I got at the 99p store. I thought if I got it from there it would be poor quality fleece so it would be thinner :rolf: How paranoid am I?! I cut it out in the shape of a rabbit and then I made a rabbit head so it has a flat blanie body but a soft '3D' head. I hemmed it with differnet coloured ribbon and the four feet are ribbon taggies as she likes to suck them. It's hard to describe so I will try to post a picture. I just feel a little better her having it over her face to fall asleep if I know it is thin and not too big.

Good luck for tonight ladies.

Poppy - fabulous! Keep us updated, will be hoping all goes well tonight!

HG - what a star with her eating! I dared eat a chunk of DDs mango today, and she was fuming!! Her face!

Cattia - do please post a pic when you have a mo, I'd like to give one a go!

On an amusing 'what our LOs find very funny' note - this evening it was Mummy singing Wuthering Heights, and doing the actions. DH was convinced the neighbours would think the cats were fighting (hehehehe) but DD was delighted and was roaring with laughter!

Hi everyone, thanks for all the support again, I really appreciate it.:flower:

Poppy - good luck for tonight, I really hope it goes well for you. You are so brave doing it on your own. I was desperate for DH to get home from work today to reassure me that Helen was o.k.

We've had a crappy day. 3 naps in the cot the longest 31 mins the shortest 18 mins (her pre bath disco nap) I can't face trying to settle her for 25 mins after she wakes up screaming. I think I totally messed up though. She settled for the 1st 2 naps in 8 and 14 mins but after the 2nd nap she was obviously still knackered so I fed and cuddled with her on the sofa for 2 hours:cloud9: It was lovely but I paid for it later it took her half an hour to settle for her disco nap and DH told me off. She has been in bed for almost half an hour now, settled in 35 mins which is a big improvement on last night. (DH sat with her for most of this, he is such a star especially when I talked him into sleepsense). I'm waiting to see if she wakes up after half an hour like she did last night, hopefully not, if we make it past the 30 min barrier I'm going to have a bath.

For those of you who have done naps when you are in short nap hell did you put your LO's down for more short naps? Helen really isn't coping on 30mins sleep. I think I'll have to take her out in the buggy twice tomorrow, only problem with that is it is tiring for me too but the dog will be happy!

Cattia - I had been thinking I would wait and do naps later but I guess I'm hoping that I can just get everything over with in one go. We'll see how it goes, if it falls by the wayside I'll keep going with nights.

Shampain - nice to meet you - congrats on your LO sleeping through - light at the end of the tunnel.

History girls - good luck for your husbands interview

Thank you everyone:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"