Sleep Sense Support Group!

Hi everyone.

Shampain - that is great news! So good to know that he can do it - and while teething as well!!!

Poppy7 and bumpontherun - good luck tonight, I hope it is a bit easier than last night, hang on in there and things WILL get easier in the next few days.

Jacs - love the avatar pic, very cute!

TennisGal - LOL at the silly things we do to amuse our LOs. I was doing a crazy jerky dance round the kitchen while shouting 'aouuu, eeeeiiii, wawawaaaaa' copying Thomas, he thought it was hilarious but I'm sure anyone watching would have thought I had cracked up!

Cattia - wow a lie in till 8.15! That is fantastic - hope you were able to enjoy it and not lying awake from 6.30 anyway like me, LOL.

Historygirls - sounds like Phoebe is definitely starting to enjoy her food!

Well both me and Thomas have a rotten cold, sneezing and snuffly nose. It took him about 45 minutes to settle at bedtime this evening, I think because he couldn't breathe properly poor thing - so I am prepared for a long night tonight. Off to stock up on my vitamin C.

bump - thanks for the luck wishes! I would let LO nap on me (her favourite sleeping destination) at least once to ensure she got enough sleep or went out with dog. I think that sometimes getting enough sleep in the day overrides sleeping on her own - IYKWIM? i.e. I would give up after a while to ensure she had a nap. Overtired just was horrible.

She might wake up - especially if is habit, just give her 5 mins to try and resettle herself.

Have a lovely bath you have earnt it!

TennisGal - LOL at the silly things we do to amuse our LOs. I was doing a crazy jerky dance round the kitchen while shouting 'aouuu, eeeeiiii, wawawaaaaa' copying Thomas, he thought it was hilarious but I'm sure anyone watching would have thought I had cracked up!

:rofl:

I've found our multi-million business...a video of 'amusing clips to make your baby laugh'

Anymore takers?

HG, may be easier than a heist?

Bump - I agree with HG, I let DD nap on me when she was getting very over tired (she still does nap on me, but she also naps in her cot) as we both needed that rest time. She could get v.upset from being overtired. Hope all goes well tonight :hugs:

I'll join in that - perhaps it could be our fourtune maker!

I would like to contribute the funky gibbon dance and barking like a dog and chasing my tail.

TG and Polaris, that's hilarious! I love the Wuthering Heights tune, going to try that with LO tomorrow!

Polaris I am sorry Thomas has caught the cold. Poor thing! Babies seem to feel less sorry for themselves that we do though so hopefully he'llbe on the mend soon. I'm going to try to upload a picture of Abigail's blankie. This has never worked for me before but I just uploaded a thing that makes thumbnails so fingers crossed.....

Attachments

• tn_Abigail 041.jpg
    tn_Abigail 041.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 28
I would like to contribute the funky gibbon dance and barking like a dog and chasing my tail.

Excellent! Especially love the dog impressions (how does Maxy react to that?!)

Well, the video/dvd will either make us millions...or we'll all meet locked up somewhere :D

Cattia - love the blankie!! I'll give one a go...Let us know if Abigail enjoys Wuthering Heights, :D

Yay!! it worked! OH pointed out rather rudely but truthfully I think, that it looks more likea piglet than a rabbit. I also never got round to sweing on a face but Abigail doesn't seem to mind!

Max joins in the tail chasing. Actually I could just film the dog and my LO would watch that for hours giggling.

Cattia - I think it looks like a rabbit! It is lovely. I must admit I got addicted to the sewing machine when I was off!

Definitely looks like a rabbit - I fear mine will look more like a Picasso rabbit.

Impressed with you and HG sewing.

Max sounds lovely, HG. Felines look at me with disdain when I act silly (so lots of disdainful looks, then...)

You see I'm scared of cats - I think it is the way they make me feel so small when they look at me.

Max is my bestest bud and a super dog. However my favourite line to describe at the mo is nicked from the TV - he is an idiot attached to a tail! He spent a good 5 mins this evening trying to work out how to get his ball out of the play pen (going through the gate would have been too easy).God knows what I will do when the day comes for the big dog bed in the sky!

He sounds wonderful - and sounds like he's got many years in him yet. I love his full name! I bet he and Phoebe will have a really fab relationship.

Cats do look at humans with scorn...but nothing, nothing is funnier than a cat embarrassing itself. Boy-cat went to jump onto the dresser this evening, missed, and landed on the kitchen floor in a pool of humiliation. He looked round, clocked we were watching, and stalked out...trying to style it out...but peering around, feeling embarrassed. So funny. Boy-cat is actually more dog like than cat (he's very loving) Girl-cat is more 'show me respect, I rule' cat-ish.

Haha! Could this get more OT?!

As long as I can have a bag over my head, I will contribute a video of my best and most enthusiastic Tigger impression, complete with ridiculous voice.

Bump - Sounds promising, so pleased LO settled quicker tonight. We used to have short naps with Evan, and I would have to shorten his awake time after.

Poppy - Well done! Your LO is catching on fast, good luck for tonight.

TG - I'm late with my reply, but sounds like you were right to resettle. Why is it that we doubt ourselves so much more at night?!

Polaris - Aw, get well soon (and Thomas), hope you get a good rest.

HG - Great that LO is napping better, and fingers crossed for interview!!:thumbup:

We've had 3 nights of no wakings, but Evan is still up at 6am on the dot. Have tries moving bed time and resettling, but he's not budging! As long as he lets us have nice, long sleeps, I'll go with it for now.
Night folks x

Hello ladies and welcome to the newcomers! It's great to read up on everyone's progress.

Bumpontherun, in the early days I found that Ronan seemed to settle easier with his daddy sitting by than when I was close at hand and he could see me.

As for how we're doing, well pretty good although I am always afraid I will jinx myself by saying that! Naps are still mostly cuddling with me but I don't mind so much at the moment. I figure I will get through the 3 month growth spurt in a few weeks before really buckling down.

The monkey is settling much quicker and easier these days. I really have to just wing 'bedtime' every night depending on when he wakes from his last nap, so he goes down anywhere from around 8 through to after 10 some nights but he doesn't seem to care.

We are still getting roughly 2 night wakings where I feed him. I think he could go longer since he is usually whingy shouty rather than proper crying and I tend to delay going in at least 10-15 minutes before going in and changing his diaper and then feeding him. He's gotten into quite a habit of pooping through the night so any time I think I will just wait him out to see if he will go back to sleep I then start to doubt myself and go in to check, at which point it's game over! He always has a good feed though of 15-20 minutes so I figure he has to be hungry even if not starving when he wakes.

He tends to sleep in stretches of 3-4+ hours. It's been awhile since he went 5 or more hours though, even though I know he is capable of it. All said and done though, I think he is doing well.

He has also gotten more mobile in the last week and I usually find him at 90 degrees to how I put him down, and last night he'd done a full 180! He is going to keep me on my toes for the rest of my life...

A quick update from me via my iPod touch! Elliott stirred at about 10.30pm. This quickly escalated in to full blown crying. I left it 5 lllooooonnnnggg minutes and then walked upstairs. I got outside the door and I could hear him starting to calm down. I stood at the door and waited. He was grizzling which then turned to talking which then turned in to sleep!!!!! He can't have had his dummy as it would have fallen out. I heard him snuggling in to his comforter though-bless! All of this took about 13 minutes from start to finish.

What a result!!! I'm so proud of my boy :cloud9:. I hope this continues tonight.

Bumpontherun....good luck for tonight hun. I'm not brave doing it on my own....more like daft lol!xxx. It's just easier as I know this week we won't be disturbing my OH. I feel bad otherwise knowing he has to get up for work.

Going sleep now as I never know how long I'll get lol!xx

Thanx ladies!! I promise I'm going to properly read this thread tomoz so I know more about you all!! Hoping for peaceful nights for us all xxxx

Woo hoo!! Just heard Helen wake. She slept til 5:27. Her previous best has been 4!!! I only waited 5 mins, I suppose I should have given it a bit longer but I knew she would be hungry. She's feeding now. I really want her to sleep a bit longer but know she's going to cry when I put her down. Must be strong though, 5:45 is too early to start the day!

Will answer properly later.

Poppy- no more posts from you, hope that's a good sign!

I am too soft!! She just lay in het cot looking around and shouting. No sleepy signs so we are up for the day! She's on her playmat while I have breakfast. Dogs are both lying with their bums facing me pretending it's still nightime!

HiveChild - glad to hear things are going well! I'd probably do the same regarding growth spurt...our 6 monther was such a biggie!

Poppy, Bump - FAB NEWS! :dance: You must both be really pleased? Bump, I was up at 6:30, too. DD was 'shouting' away, so I knew it was time to get up ;) Really pleased for both of you.

We had a result last night...DD woke for her midnight feed, BUT didn't wake again until 6:30-ish! So, no need to settle. She was ravenous at midnight...so definitely keeping that up for the time being. Just v.v.pleased that she slept after that :D

Hope everyone had good nights :hugs:

Wow! Such great nights everyone.

HC - sounds like you have a good system going - great that Ronan settles quickly, what a difference!

Poppy - well done! It's hard to wait, but they need a chance to do it themselves don't they? Sounds brilliant!

Bump - Also sounds fab! We are up every day at 6am - it's not fun, but we take turns getting up in the morning with Evan, so I did get a little lie-in 'til hubby went to work!

TG - It's still going so well, got to be a new habit by now! You and DH must be thrilled (and bet DD is in a great mood too!).

We had our 4th night of sleeping through - although I do class 6am wakings as night-time, but never mind:dohh: I still can't quite believe it; every night I still take his bottle up to bed, and listen out for him, but ...nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->