Sleep

heli

Reaction score
I can't sleep! 33 + 4 and its driving me crazy. Probably the last 3 weeks have been the worst, I can get to sleep absolutely fine but between 3 and 4am I wake up and spend the rest of the night flipping from side to side. My back is aching and I just can't get comfy, absolutely no back ache during the day though.

I am well supported by pillows but this doesn't seem to help.....have any of you got any ideas that could help? I have another 3 weeks at work and I'm getting exhausted!

I was able to fall asleep by 9pm easily in the 2nd tri. now I can't sleep and when i finally do, I wake up around avery 1.5 hours. if not to go to the loo then i need to switch side because my hips are driving me nuts.

I'm the same and have been for weeks I just can't seem to drop off and it's awful I just think it's all the anticipation of having a baby andni think I'm feeling for every twinge... Hope it gets better for you and sorry I'm no help :( xxx

Im exactly the same, I finally manage to get to sleep then I wake up bang on 4 every morning and from there I just toss and turn and drift in and out of sleep...apparently its your body preparing for sleepless nights when baby is here! Iv started to go to bed a bit earlier so I can catch an extra half hour or so xxx

Same here! Up to few weeks ago my pregnancy pillow helped but now i get what I can only describe as a ripping pain when I move in bed so that wakes me up. Dont seem to sleep past 3 so I get up for a couple of hours then at 5 when DH gets up for work I get a couple more hours if I can. Midwife today said its just ligaments and pregnancy and all to be expected so cant really offer much help! xxx

This has been me for at least 10 weeks now! between hip pain, peeing, back ache, leg twitches and heart burn...that and palpitations or just generally feeling achey or anxious, I think i manage to get maybe the odd hour here and there....I've kind of gotten used to it now, I wake every hour or so from 1:00am UNTIL my alarm goes off for work at 6:25am.

I could have written this post myself! Dropping off fine. Waking up for an hour around 3.30 - not fine!!! Can't put it down to anything really and am just considering it to be good practise for when the baby arrives! Turning over is a hassle, it has to be said!

Same problem here, wish I could give some advice but still dealing with it myself.

I've been exactly the same since 32 weeks too! ALWAYS awake from 3/4am, it gets easier when you finish work, nightmare at the moment though, and i have no advice i'm afraid :nope:

Now I've finished work I get up from 4-7am and do chores, make dh and dogs breakfasts etc :dohh: Then go back to bed and ALWAYS sleep from 7-11am - perfect :flower: Soon it will get better! xxx

sleep? what is that? lol....i know how you feel. its just been constant tossing and turning for awhile now :(

Again the same here but I seem to wake from 1 am. and when I can sleep my 3yr old wakes me instead.

Lets look at the positive (if it can be called that) we will be used to it by the time we get the sleepless nights after bub is born.

HollieQ when did you finish work? I just can't wait now, in fact I'm home instead of at work right now as my manager sent me home, said I looked exhausted again and that I should take a few days off to recuperate. Her being nice made me cry (further confirming that I was exhausted as I'm not a cryer!)

At least we're all in the same predicament though, I am so antisocial now in the evenings as I'm so tired I'm falling asleep by 8.30pm!

Jade - I feel for you! At least my sleep only became awful the last few weeks!

Patientgirl - I keep hearing that being awake now is preparation for when the baby arrives, I reply that I need as much sleep as I can now so I am rested for his/her arrival!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->