Sleeping bags VS Blankets

T

Teej543

What are people planning on using?

I'm unsure what to go for. I like the idea of the sleeping bags but they seem a tad expensive and i'm not quite sure what togging and stuff to go for.

My only worry with bedding is that baby will be a right old wriggler and will end up under the bedding.

There is far too much choice :haha:

Im not that sure what to use either or what would be best. There is far too much choice out there. I think were going to stick with blankets though :)

I have bought both. Though I love the sleeping bags. I have about three sleeping bags and so far two bedding sets. Just trial and error until we know if their wrigglers or not.

I used blankets with my daughter, as they didnt really market sleeping bags
for babies like they do now.
This time around i have bought 2 (one for 0-6m and one for 6-12m) because
they match his bedding, but will be mostly using blankets, my daughter was
born in january aswell and we found she was fine with a vest, sleepsuit, cardigan,
and 2 light blankets.
I hate sleeping in sleeping bags, as they are quite restrictive, cant move your legs
much ect, i worry bubs will feel too bundled up. x

i will be getting both. i think babies like to feel bundled up (like being in the womb) so will def be getting some sleeping bags

The sleeping bags are brilliant but usually far far too big for newborns. I found swaddling with blankets easier at first. Sleeping bags are great when they're a few months old and get wriggly and kick off their covers! So, I guess I'll use both :)

If you are confused about the sleeping bags there is lots of information on the 'grobag' website, they are easy once you get your head around and there will be no worries about baby suffocating. Please take a look :) :hugs: xxx

TK max sell sleeping bags at about £12.. and they are nice ones...

I used blankets when she was a new born but soon moved on to grow bags - I'll use the same bags for my next lo and then ebay them when I'm done - that way i'm pretty surethey will not have cost me that much ...

At least wtih a sleeping bag yoru lO cant throw it off ;)

ive seen them in TKMaxx too and they r much cheaper than most places and r v. nice!

i would like both also. Hubby says we do not need the sleeping bag ones but i want to try them out.

With first we only used blankets but back then i think there was no sleeping bag types.
For us things have changed since 12 years ago :o

I'm not sure what I will use. I've heard it's better to use sleep sacks because it can prevent SIDS.

I swaddled for the first few months and now sleeping bags are an absolute life saver! So i'd say both are perfect but for different ages xx

Sleeping bags wont prevent cot death, but they do make sure bubs cant
kick blankets off. x

Me and OH love the sleepung bags, they are not suitable for a newborn but like Hayley said, Grobag website has all the details and a chart which you can use, telling you what tog to use next to the temp of your nursery/room. We love it

When baby gets older and wiggily, it means baby will stay warm and not end up under blankets

What are people planning on using?

I'm unsure what to go for. I like the idea of the sleeping bags but they seem a tad expensive and i'm not quite sure what togging and stuff to go for.

My only worry with bedding is that baby will be a right old wriggler and will end up under the bedding.

There is far too much choice :haha:

I got a sleeping bag for £10 in peacokcs and its so cute.. So i guess prices depends on where you look :)

Having tried both we will definatly be using sleeping bags again and our toddler still sleeps in one and hates having to take it off in the morning. He was quite big newborn and we started using them at about 3 weeks. Love matalan its so cheap and fairly good quality. You can get non branded ones there for I think 6-7 pounds or disney ones for about 10.

We're using sleeping bags - I didn't know you can't use them from newborn though, everywhere I've looked says you can? Should we buy some blankets then? x

Sleeping bags wont prevent cot death, but they do make sure bubs cant
kick blankets off. x

Here they (doctors, hospitals, health care authorities) NO BLANKETS in the crib. You're right, the bags don't prevent SIDS, but they do suspect blankets and the breathing difficulty they can create with a wriggly baby can contribute to SIDS. That doesn't apply to swaddling. So they tell us no blankets, no bumpers (until they're older) no soft toys in the crib - nothing. I'll follow their advice because I trust them.

I'll use the bags, but my mom just put us to bed in our pyjamas, no problem or discomfort or cold, so I'll try that and swaddling too and see what the baby likes!

We're using sleeping bags - I didn't know you can't use them from newborn though, everywhere I've looked says you can? Should we buy some blankets then? x

They can be used from newborn but it depends on the size of your bubs. DS was nearly three months by the time I used one as the bags just drowned him. The arm and head holes far to big which was just dangerous. Blankets always useful for pram anyway so it doesn't hurt to have a little stack. (cellular though of course :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeBaby255
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->