Sleeping Difficulties?

JaxsonsMom

Reaction score
Have any of you other preemie moms have issues with sleeping in your preemie?
Jaxson is 12 weeks olds, 3 weeks adjusted and he's eating double the amount then when we left the hospital 6 weeks ago... But he's still sleeping 2 and a half hours at a time. Wondering if the adjusted age has to do with this - feels like I have a newborn forever...need sleep!

Aww I feel your pain my lo home just over a week now and is the same. NICU had him on 4 hourly feeds but roughly 2 and a half hours I mentioned to our health visitor today that he was too unsettled to wait and that I felt he needed feeding on demand and she agreed she said that as his stomach was so small he could not takein a lot of milk at one time so wasn't taking a full feed therefor hungry earlier. Are you breast/expressing feeding or formula I bf my first prem baby and HIV said he would need feeding every 3 hours maybe sooner, as fthey get older your lo will go longer during the night Matthew slept right through by 3 months (6 weeks adjusted) and hoping Daniel will bethe same xx

Aww I really feel your pain. My little girl was born 4 weeks 1 day early and she wakes every 1-2 hours. My health visitor told us to feed her every 3-4 hours but I explained to her that she just wont wait and that she needs feeding on demand. The health visitor agreed and said that if she was tolerating the milk then to feed her on demand so she wakes every 1-2 hours and will take anything from 60mls to 120mls at a time x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->