Sleeping - Graco Pack N Play vs Rock N Play Sleeper

DJF

Reaction score
So we plan on having our little girl sleep in our room for the first 3 months or so but do not want her to sleep in our bed. I am getting the Graco Pack N Play already and it has an attached bassinet that the baby can sleep in. I would prefer to just use this instead of also getting the Fisher Price Rock N Play which I know has good reviews. Has anyone used the Pack N Play bassinets for sleeping? Any feedback would be great!

Sorry I haven't but would be interested in the answers.

I have not used it yet but I have it set up in the living room for the babies to sleep in during the day. My friend uses it exclusively she does not have a crib nor is she planning on getting one and she said its great baby sleeps fine.

I have not used it yet but I have it set up in the living room for the babies to sleep in during the day. My friend uses it exclusively she does not have a crib nor is she planning on getting one and she said its great baby sleeps fine.

Thanks! Congrats on the twins :)

I'm planning on a regular bassinet for nights and a rock n play sleeper for days for in other areas of the house. My cousin used the rock n play for her last baby and she loved it and highly recommended it. I have read that some use it for sleeping like a bassinet at night, but not sure if I like that idea. :shrug: I would think the grace would work fine for you.

I have both. but only plan on the pack and play during travel. the rock n play sleeper is already set up in my bed room! :)

I also have both and plan to use them as the previous poster said! I lovvve the rock n play sleeper as a nighttime sleeper! My nephew would not sleep in anything else at night as he likes to be elevated.

Hi..just adding my two cents. I read some reviews about the rock n play sleeper and a lot of people were mentioning that there is a hard part where the baby's head goes and it has caused flat head in a bunch of babies. I would check it out for yourself because I've never actually used it, but I did happen to stumble upon it so I thought it was worth mentioning...

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I think I am going to give pack n play a shot first before buying the rock n play sleeper.

The Pack 'n' Play sounds great; we're getting one too. Do you or anyone know if the Pack 'n' Play lets you lower one of the sides (so you can use it as a co-sleeper next to your bed)? or am I going to be stuck buying both? (Those co-sleeper bassinets are so expensive for getting only one use out of them!)

https://www.babyssentials.com/reviews/gear/bouncers-playards/graco-pack-n-play-play-playard-napper/

I wanted to get this one for our little girl, but I am pretty sure I will not be getting it as it is too expensive. That being said...

I like the pack and plays because they have an additional changing table and bassinet. :) I had one for my little niece just like the original one I was thinking of getting for our little girl, and it was wonderful. :) It did not have the newborn napper though.

This is the one I am probably going to get... It has less bells and whistles and is not as fancy, but it is identical to the one I had for my niece, only the storage is much more advanced. Little niece slept fine in it. :)

https://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_024W014262560001P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

https://www.babyssentials.com/reviews/gear/bouncers-playards/graco-pack-n-play-play-playard-napper/

I wanted to get this one for our little girl, but I am pretty sure I will not be getting it as it is too expensive. That being said...

I like the pack and plays because they have an additional changing table and bassinet. :) I had one for my little niece just like the original one I was thinking of getting for our little girl, and it was wonderful. :) It did not have the newborn napper though.

This is the one I am probably going to get... It has less bells and whistles and is not as fancy, but it is identical to the one I had for my niece, only the storage is much more advanced. Little niece slept fine in it. :)

https://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_024W014262560001P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

I apologize for bumping....just my 2cents.

None of my children were ever bothered by a cold wipe.
Things I use everyday...
High Chair, he sits at the table with us when we eat plus I put him in it when I am cooking.
Crib.
Bouncy seat, he loves bouncing and making the little animals on the toy bar dance around.
Changing table/dresser.
Bumbo, good for when baby can support his/her own head.
Jumperoo, good for when baby can support his/her own head.

Things I hardly ever use...
Boppy pillow
Swing, it has been in my attic for the past month because he couldn't care less about it. My other kids loved the swing though so it really depends on the baby.
Exersaucer, Nate hates it but my other kids like it. Nate prefers the Jumperoo. He likes to bounce.

If you want to use swaddle blankets I would wait until you know if your baby likes to be swaddled before you spend a lot of money on them. 2 of my kids loved being swaddled and 2 hated it.

It's really hard to say what you will and will not use because it all depends on your preferences and the babies preferences. Also since you are having a fall baby you might want to get a Bundle Me or equivalent for the infant seat. It is so much easier than trying to get the baby in and out of a snow suit type thing and in and out of the carseat. A heavy blanket would work too but I prefered the Bundle Me. I just put them in the carseat and zipped it up and my babies were nice and warm with out the risk of them kicking the blanket off or pulling it up over their face.

If you're curious about any specific items just ask away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->