• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleeping on sofa

weedle

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding the sofa a lot more comfy than their bed? I'm nearly 33 weeks and I'm finding most nights I'm getting up in the night and getting resettled downstairs as I'm so uncomfortable and feel really bad tossing and turning when OH has to get up for work the next day!

I haven't yet but some night I would definitely think that would b better then my bed

I spent the other night on the sofa for the first time and slept so much better!

I sleep on the sofa every night and have been for a few weeks. No man to snore and keep me up and no dog to crowd me. Just me and my pregnancy pillow!

I've been on the sofa for the last few weeks. It's the coolest room in the house for starters, easy to get on and off, closest to the bathroom, dog still sleeps on my feet and I miss my DH but it's great.

I've been in the spare room first but now that's the nursery so it's the sofa for me too!

I think it's far more easy, less room to thrash around and no hubby to a/worry about keeping awake and b/ hear SNORING!!!!

Only wish the bathroom was closer :/

With my first pregnancy, i was sleeping on the couch here and there because it felt more comfortable and easier to get off the couch.
This time around, our son now crawls into bed with us and I've been sleeping in his bed, which is feeling comfortable to me (but that could be cause I don't have his feet kicking on me hahahahha)

I haven't slept on the sofa yet, but I have fallen asleep a few times in the recliner-rocker in the bedroom. I can breathe better when I'm sitting up like that, and it reclines just enough that it feels like a bed, not a chair.

As an added bonus, my husband doesn't get sad, because I'm in the room with him -- if I were to go downstairs to the sofa, he would follow me and sleep on the floor, silly man. :)

I have been sleeping on the sofa for several weeks now. The important thing to remember is to keep your body supported and your pelvis in alignment. It isnt ideal to recline back so try at least rolling over onto your side. My doula showed me the best ways to sleep so as not to prevent the baby from moving down properly into your pelvis. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->