Sleeping Question - Post Your Reckons!

Bucket

Mama to TS (& pg with #2)
Reaction score
Good morning ladies!

I hope you're all well this fine day even if, like me, you haven't had much sleep! :)

My little one is now three months and has been sleeping through the night since about ten weeks. Her current bedtime is 21:15 and she has two or three hour long naps during the day, plus a shorter one early evening.

During the night, she sleeps well up to about 03:30, but then she enters a phase of madly thrashing around in her sleep; kicking the mattress, shouting and flailing her arms - all while techinically still being asleep. However, when I'm ready to get up at 06:00, she has a quick feed then goes back to sleep for at least an hour, sometimes much more.

So, do you reckon I should be putting her down earlier in the evenings? She seems like she would probably go down at 20:00 or even earlier quite happily. If I do that, should I give her a "dream feed" when I go to bed at 22:00. What even *is* a dream feed?! Or can she be left unfed all night if she doesn't cry for it?

All advice gratefully received, as she's driving me mad with her noisy sleep! :)

Charlee xx

At 3 months we were putting Ruby down at 7pm and dreamfeeding her at 10pm. We just picked her up still asleep and fed her.

But yeah if she doesn't wake up hungry, it's fine to let her sleep through. :)

Not sure, but just wanted to say that Thomas does this about 3 times a night - the thrashing, yelling stuff. He snorts, moans, thrashes about, but still looks asleep. Sometimes he even giggles.

I'm so used to it now that I can ignore it and go back to sleep, but it does always wake me up. I was wondering if any other babies did that sort of thing.

Not sure, but just wanted to say that Thomas does this about 3 times a night - the thrashing, yelling stuff. He snorts, moans, thrashes about, but still looks asleep. Sometimes he even giggles.

I'm so used to it now that I can ignore it and go back to sleep, but it does always wake me up. I was wondering if any other babies did that sort of thing.

I think it's quite common, but someone told me that it's when they're not getting enough sleep. I dunno though - I'm careful to put my LO down at the first signs of tiredness, so I can't see that she's missing out on her zeds. I think some babies are just buttheads and make loads of noise in the night! :D Roll on six months when she can have her own room! I wake up if she makes noise, then again when she stops ("Oh my GOD! Is she breathing?!"), then again every time she kicks the covers off, and again if she sucks her thumb, and so on... I can never switch off! :)

zakk has calmed the thrashing now but used to moan, groan, fart, whine, whimper.

these days he only does that between cycles.

they have their lightest sleep between 4-6am i think. if you want to have a more suitable waking time i would suggest getting your LO to bed earlier. it will take time and she will prob still follow her pattern but then adjust a bit.

zakk is asleep by 6.30/7pm and has one night feed (can be any time- 11pm, 2am, 4am) and the later that feed the longer he sleeps but he is usually awake by 7.30am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->