sleeping twins

mummy to be86

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if you can help me my baby boys were born 27 weeks they are just over 5months old now and they still sleep most of the day and they sleep well during the night I know if you go off my due date they should only be 2months old when do you think they will start staying awake during the day? I know every prem is different, Iam just wondering am I meant to keep them awake if so this is going to be hard please can anyone advise?
thankyou

Don't worry, sounds completely normal. I remember worrying about my little one thinking he should be awake and I should be playing all kinds of stimulating games with him and things, but he took absolutely ZERO interest until he was 3 months corrected, and even at 6 months corrected sleeps every 2 hours. Go with what they need. As long as they're feeding often and happy in themselves, they should be fine. :)

Don't worry, sounds completely normal. I remember worrying about my little one thinking he should be awake and I should be playing all kinds of stimulating games with him and things, but he took absolutely ZERO interest until he was 3 months corrected, and even at 6 months corrected sleeps every 2 hours. Go with what they need. As long as they're feeding often and happy in themselves, they should be fine. :)

thankyou whistle yes they are feeding well putting weight on alfie was 2lb 11 when born he is now 1st 2 and thomas was 2lb 6 and now is 11.14 and when they are awake we get plenty of smiles

They've been through such a journey, they are still catching up and repairing themselves from all the trauma. All the time they are sleeping they are growing too.

You'll be cursing when they're awake all day and you just want a little bit of peace lol, make the most of it xxx

Dont worry I worried that my LO slept too much at probs around the same age. I googled and it seemed to be a common concern. I read some where that premmies tend to sleep more but cant remember where so dont know accurate it was. She's fine now and I think sleeps a normal amount for her age x

This is probably a really stupid question. I have just had twins that were 8 weeks premature, why does everybody keep talking about an adjusted age?? Aren't they are just 2 weeks old now??

The corrected or adjusted age is based on your due date so until they are 40 weeks plus their adjusted age is their week of gestation. For example, my son was born 13 weeks early and was due on 1st Feb so his corrected age is one week although his actual age is almost 14 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->