sleeping with a blanket

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by LovingYou, Nov 15, 2011.

1. LovingYou

LovingYou Karinna and Willow's mom

when did you let your LO sleep with a blanket? Karinna is 15 months old and she has been waking up the last couple mornings will cold legs and feet even though she has long footed jambes on at night. My OH thinks we should give her a blankie at night but I'm so paranoid still.

When did you let your little one sleep with one? :crib:

2. QuintinsMommy

QuintinsMommy Well-Known Member

we stopped co-sleeping at 11 months old and i started giving him one then.

3. ~RedLily~

~RedLily~ Well-Known Member

I haven't yet but that's because she's in a sleeping bag. You could try a really breathable one like those knitted ones with the big holes (I don't know what to call them :dohh:).

4. Jaysmummy

Jaysmummy Mum of 3 and WTT

My DS has slept with a blanket since he outgrew his last seeping bag at around 10/11 months. Its a fleecy one.

I've also given him a duvet but he just kicks it off so given up on that for now :dohh:

xx

5. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

Alfie sleeps with a blanket and has done since he was about nine months he has one that's breathable called a cellular blanket and they sell them in mother care toys r us or matalan and you can get all different sizes. Xx

6. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

Zachary was 13 months when he got a blanket as that's when he stopped using a sleeping bag.

He has a tight-weaved organic cotton cellular blanket in his cotbed and an organic lambswool duvet too. I drape the blanket over the side of the cotbed and he tugs it off and wraps himself in it when he first goes to bed lol. It usually gets kicked off within 5 minutes, so when he's asleep I go in and cover him.

7. BethK

BethK Well-Known Member

My LO doesn't for night time as she's in a sleeping bag, but for nap time she does have a cellular blanket instead.

8. Noirin

Noirin Well-Known Member

since birth :S its his comfort thing he will not go to sleep without his blanky, he would never sleep in a lseeping bag so hes jsut always had one x

9. mum2b2009

mum2b2009 mummy of two boys!

my son won't sleep with out his cellular blanket but its more of a comfort thing really .

10. pinktaffy

pinktaffy Well-Known Member

my lo was in a sleeping bag till summer then it got 2 hot so we gave her blankets then at 18 months we gave her a duvet as it got colder. she now has a duvet and pillow and loves it.

11. SophiasMummy

SophiasMummy Mummy to Sophia

My LO has had the same cellular blanket for when she sleeps since she was born. She has extra blankets and a quilt that are there if she needs them now but mostly she just has her cellular blanket x

12. RachA

RachA Well-Known Member

Esther has always had a blanket. In the summer a cotton cellular one and in the winter at least 2 wool blankets. Once she was over 12 months we started using a duvet.

13. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

Kelana gets a fleece sleep sac AND a down duvet in her crib (we don't heat the bedroom and it's below zero here). When she wakes, she comes into bed with me...I take the sleep sac off, but she goes under my duvet. She is 15mths old tomorrow.

14. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

My LO refuses to sleep with a blanket. I've tried for naps but she always just kicks it off! She has a sleep sack right now but she's growing out of it fast! Going to have to think of other ways to keep her warm until she leaves the blanket alone!

15. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

I put Ella in bed with a blanket but she throws it over the edge of the cot and wakes up with cold feet :dohh:

16. sammiwry

sammiwry Single mummy to Madden <3

Madden's had a duvet since just after 10 months, he'd sleep fine in bed with me with mine but I work shifts so he can't sleep with me all the time and my poor mum works too so can't afford to get up 4 times a night with him! Since he's had his duvet he wakes once a night! I've tucked the end of the duvet under the mattress so it can't ride up

17. Mee_Mummy

Mee_Mummy Mummy to DS & DD ~ <3

since birth my DS has slept with a blanket, 2 actually.. 1 is a snuggly blanket. He has had a duvet since 12 months and a pillow. x