sleeping with comfort blanket?

T

tinytoes

is it safe for my LO to spend the night with his comfort blanket? I always took it out of his bed when he went to sleep but he often wakes and waves his hands about and I'm wondering if his blanket was there to grab if he'd sleep better.
He's 4 months old. The blanket is longer than him and made of fleecey material.

I tried one of those small blankets / toys / cuddly things but he wont take to it like mr stripey cuddle blanket..

Katie has a small square (not a big blanket) with a teddy but I don't let her have it at night as she covers her face with it and I'm scared she wouldn't be able to breathe!

Katie has a small square (not a big blanket) with a teddy but I don't let her have it at night as she covers her face with it and I'm scared she wouldn't be able to breathe!

yes - teddy likes putting his over his face too..thats what worries me. maybe i'd best not leave him with it then...
i've tucked half of it under the matress so it cant be pulled out...he's asleep and cuddling it..

Caitlyn always sleeps with her blanket over her face? She is big enough to move it now.

Marlowe sleeps with hers and sometimes it covers her face. I think like Toria said, that at 4 months, they're old enough to move it themselves. I also tuck half of the blanket into the mattress so she can only pull it so far over her face.

On the same note- Marlie chose the most boring, uncomfortable feeling waffle type material blanket as her snuggli. I don't know why she likes it, but I think it's the rough feeling on her gums as she likes to chew it. At least it was cheap, so I ran back out to the store and bought 2 more for back up!

I would say its Ok for him to sleep with it, hes aware he has to breath and how to mov ehis head and hands.

Charlotte has two blankets that she has to sleep with. One is bigger and fleece, the other is a small taggie one that I made her. She also sleeps with a stuffed monkey. She can move them around easily, so I don't see an issue with it.

Carly has at that age and she never had a problem with it , well although she is 3 now and still wont go to sleep without it :lol:

my little boy really loves blankets he likes to play with them and move them around, how do i give him a security blanket? how did your little ones make this attachment?
i have a cute little frog blanket that is made as a kids security blanket, like just big enough for them to hold on to. I think this would be good for my LO as i am trying to get him to sleep on his own. My DH thinks its not a good idea to make him attached to something?

Caitlyn used to have hers when she was feeding and she just got attatched to it.. She can sleep without it, but she sleeps better with it.

Olivia has hers all night.

x

ffion cant sleep without her comfort blankie. and she puts it over her face too

jack has a blankie attached to a teddy and he loves it xx

how did your little ones make this attachment?

TEddy just seemed to go to sleep easier in my arms if i gave him this blanket as i rocked him. since then we've kept using it and he seems to love rubbing his face in it.

Cupcake- Marlowe had these 2 receiving blankets from when she was itty bitty that we would wrap her up in. After her 1st injections, I took her to meet some friends and she was really crabby. I happened to have one of those blankets with me that day and gave it to her. She chewed on it until she was asleep. Since then, I've just always made sure it was in her bed with her. She can sleep without it, but sleeps better with it. I usually go in to check on her an hour or so after she's asleep and she has the blanket all scrunched up in her arms and over her face. Makes me smile every time.

I agree with what everyone is saying. They are old enough to take it off their face... Though I am too paranoid to keep a blanket on her unless I am sleeping with her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->