Sleeping?

A

AppleBlossom

I read that babies are supposed to sleep for the best part of 24 hours. Grace will sleep for 10-15 minutes about twice a day and then sleep around 6 hours through the night, sleeping for 3 hours, waking up for half an hour, sleeping for 2 hours, waking up for an hour etc.

She's really ratty in the day and I know it's because she's tired, mainly because she will close her eyes when she's feeding or has her dummy but she always wakes herself up somehow. I'm worried that her lack oof sleeping is going to make her and me ill.

How long do your LO's sleep in 24 hours, including their daytime naps? And is there anything you can suggest that I can do to get her to sleep longer? I feel like I've tried everything, making sure she's fed, changed, not too hot or cold.... HELP!!!

I would say mine sleeps 16-18 hours out of the 24.

tom sleeps 11 hours at night with 1 feed, then naps for no more than an hour in total during the day.

i dont know what to suggest really. what is your routine like at night and the morning?

I haven't really got a routine, she won't allow me to start one! She usually wakes up in the morning around 6-7ish and will have a feed. Then she might go back to sleep for half an hour until about 9-9.30. From then on I demand feed because she's always so hungry. Between 10-8 she will have usually 2 bottles which are 5ozs each. Then I will change her and give her a 3rd bottle which she may or may not finish. Wind her, try her with the rest of the bottle in the bedroom where it's dark and quiet. Then when she's almost asleep I put her in her crib. But she will wake up as soon as I put her down apart from the odd occasion where she has got herself to sleep.

I make sure that she will be able to realise the difference between day and night. In the day I don't creep around her (that's not to say I purposely make noise!) I keep the tv at normal volume etc then at night I make sure it's dark and quiet and I don't talk to her, just shush her quietly

nicole never slept much, still doesnt now, whereas callum loves his sleep, although he still doesnt sleep right through the nite.

Kaleas not awake for much at the moment, but shes 3 days old. Today she stayed away for about 2 hours, which was long for her!

I wouldn't worry too much at the moment hun. Mikey wasn't a sleepy baby. He was awake most of the day. And he's never napped as a toddler. So there is no rest for me with Kalea. She naps but Mikeys always ready to go!

Has he always slept like that?
He actually used to sleep more! He has lessened his sleeping time as the months passed. You mentioned that she seems ratty during the day,so that must mean she might not getting enough sleep. Perhaps invest in a babysling? That way she can be close to you and have her sleep. Otherwise I would suggest that you go speak to a professional that can advise you better.

I just tracked Bella's sleeping yesterday and she only is sleeping 12.5 hours a day. The book I'm reading says you need to put them to bed as soon as they start showing signs of being tired, or else they won't sleep well.

sleeps about 11 hours at night and in the day has 3 naps can range from 1-3 hours even 4 hours sometimes. ;)

maybe she is being ratty because she is hungry? she was a good size baby and is nearly two months. try four hourly at 6oz and if she doesnt take all of it, change her nappy and try the rest. she is due to go up to 6oz this week and go down to 5 feeds. if she always wakes at a set time, feed her then, then just try and be tough and stick it out for four hours. hopefully within a few days she will click and sleep better.

worth a go maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->