• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleepless Nights Support Thread

I'm at my wits end. My daughter won't nap, and now she won't even sleep during the night she's up constantly. She at least used to sleep during the night and get up once now its over 4 times :(

Think I may actually be dying of sleep deprevation. I have never felt so tired in my life :(

Last few weeks have been 1 nap a day for around an hour or so and then up 4-6 timea every night :(

lastnight was the worst. Hw woke up at 10 past 1 an was wide awake for 2 and a half hours :( had a feed and a massie nappy explosion and then I had to pace a circle for 20 minutes with him in his sling before he fell asleep. It was awful. And then he woke up three more times between. 3.30-8am! Then when.he woke up for the day I droppes his stupid milk bottle onto his head as I was so clumsy and tired and then had 10 minutes of him screaming and me crying :( I felt awful and its the first time hes ever been hurt and he just looked so sad :(

I really need sleep, I also have a cold and have awful headaches and muscle ache and cant breath through my nose :(

its all just too much these days!

Jades starting having a 5am poo and then wide awake after bugger! Then she is ready for a nap at 8am when im on the bloody school run!

LO hasnt been sleeping well and im exhausted. i was nursing her the other night and the next thing i know im waking up in bed with her. i have no memory of going from the couch to my bed with her. that was kind of alarming

Anyone got any suggestions for a 27 week old baby who wakes every 1 to 2 hours at night? I'm so tired I'm getting really ratty with my toddler and I've started shouting. I never shout :(

Joel sttn from 10 to 16 weeks, then he started waking once or twice, then when he hit 5.5 months it started being every hour or two. He doesnt stay awake long but goes off again if I feed him or put my hand on his baack and rock him (he tummy sleeps). The thing is when I go to his cot his cries are angry, like he's angry, not tired. I don't know if he's in pain or if he wants to move position or what. Sometimes he rolls over and gets stuck. Sometimes he doesn't.

He naps three times a day, for an hour a time. I tried dropping a nap already as per a suggestion on the other sleep thread but he screams from overtiredness. He goes to bed at 7 fine and wakes up at 6.30 ish.

He's a happy baby overall, just started solids and loves it, and plays contentedly. It's just the getting up between 4 and 10 times a night that's killing me slowly. I have to be up at 5.45am some days to childmind.

Anyone got any suggestions for a 27 week old baby who wakes every 1 to 2 hours at night? I'm so tired I'm getting really ratty with my toddler and I've started shouting. I never shout :(

Joel sttn from 10 to 16 weeks, then he started waking once or twice, then when he hit 5.5 months it started being every hour or two. He doesnt stay awake long but goes off again if I feed him or put my hand on his baack and rock him (he tummy sleeps). The thing is when I go to his cot his cries are angry, like he's angry, not tired. I don't know if he's in pain or if he wants to move position or what. Sometimes he rolls over and gets stuck. Sometimes he doesn't.

He naps three times a day, for an hour a time. I tried dropping a nap already as per a suggestion on the other sleep thread but he screams from overtiredness. He goes to bed at 7 fine and wakes up at 6.30 ish.

He's a happy baby overall, just started solids and loves it, and plays contentedly. It's just the getting up between 4 and 10 times a night that's killing me slowly. I have to be up at 5.45am some days to childmind.

we had the exact same thing with our LO until she was 10 months!! except she had never been a good sleeper. she was up every 1-2 hours. in desparation we did controlled crying - it was sooooo hard and I hated it but the first night she went to sleep in 40 mins, second night 20 mins, 3rd night was 10 mins and every night after - straight to sleep. and until recently (when she has started standing up in the night - thats a whole new thread) she was sleeping either all through till morning or waking for one feed only .

ftm at my wits end already. I know newborns need to get up every 2-3 hrs for feeding during the night, but mine doesnt even let me nap during the day...when I try to nap with her she tends to wake up and be fussy:cry:

I feel I may be on her later. LO has suddenly become a horrid sleeper...literally 2 hours at a time, she's not wanting to nap during the day at all though she's clearly exhausted...her too two teeth are coming through so I know that's not helping, taking her to hv on Tuesday to just check her over...I'm anticipating a horrid night. :-(

Hi ladies
I'm just looking for some tips or experiences. I've got a little girl of 19 weeks, although she was 8 weeks early. She's outgrown her Moses basket so thought we'd make the transition into her cot. Well, it's not going well and I've lost count how times we're up each night. She just keeps waking.

I've got a couple of theories. The first is I think the cot feels big compared to her Moses basket. Also it's not snug and cosy. She feels chilly when I go into her in the night, I've tried various combinations of bedding and clothing but nothing really seems to help. I've heard and read up on sheepskins, lots of people rave about them? I'm thinking maybe it's worth investing in one, but then put myself off after reading an NHS statement about links to SIDS. Have any of you guys tried one?

After getting up to her for the hundredth time last night I brought her into our bed at 4am just desperate for sleep. She snuggled in the middle and we all slept until 7, she was really cosy when we woke, which confirms my snug/chilly theory.

So Im really not sure what to do next!

Well I sort of say that we sttn - she wakes up every 4/3 hours but only for 15 minutes max & never cries or stays awake at night. Just wakes up for a little feed and back to sleep. Although it would be good to have 4/5 hour stretches :)

She is just over 10 weeks... Having said that i am still tired from the constant interrupted sleep. Wish could sleep for 8 hours straight.

I rolled up two blankets and made fake "barriers" around her, then slowly moved them farther from her.

Hi ladies
I'm just looking for some tips or experiences. I've got a little girl of 19 weeks, although she was 8 weeks early. She's outgrown her Moses basket so thought we'd make the transition into her cot. Well, it's not going well and I've lost count how times we're up each night. She just keeps waking.

I've got a couple of theories. The first is I think the cot feels big compared to her Moses basket. Also it's not snug and cosy. She feels chilly when I go into her in the night, I've tried various combinations of bedding and clothing but nothing really seems to help. I've heard and read up on sheepskins, lots of people rave about them? I'm thinking maybe it's worth investing in one, but then put myself off after reading an NHS statement about links to SIDS. Have any of you guys tried one?

After getting up to her for the hundredth time last night I brought her into our bed at 4am just desperate for sleep. She snuggled in the middle and we all slept until 7, she was really cosy when we woke, which confirms my snug/chilly theory.

So Im really not sure what to do next!

sorry this is late - you might have solved it now. Im not sure about sheepskins but I know someone who had a 'sleepyhead' sort of a baby nest they used for co sleeping and then to transfer their little into her own cot. it was from john lewis I think. you might be able to get something simialr also which would help.
hth

your LO probably slept well cos she liked being snuggled with mummy and daddy :winkwink:

Feel like I'm going to go crazy soon. My daughter has always woken at night, not been a major issue, normally wake once, feed and then back to bed (she is formula fed). She is on three meals a day and four bottles counting the one in the night. Now she is just an absolute horror at night. Goes down fine, self soothes and is generally asleep within five minutes of being in her cot. That's the best part of the night. For the past three weeks I've lost count of the amount of times she wakes in a night. It is currently 2am here and she has been awake and crying since 11. I am exhausted. Nothing will placate her. I have tried feeding her, cuddling her, leaving her to cry and still here we are; her wide awake and whinging and me in tears yet again. I have literally tried everything these last few weeks; less/more nap times during the day, less/more solid food, less/more formula, earlier/later bedtime, co sleeping, just sleeping in her room with her, leaving her to cry, controlled crying. Everything. I am at my wits end. I don't know what to do anymore. I am just so tired. Anyone got any advice? I try sleeping during the day when she does but I can't (very loud street), I go to bed early but I'm still awake for a minimum if 1.5 hours in the middle of the night and then she's up at 7 at the latest. The lack of sleep is ruining me. I'm a zombie at work and so grouchy during the day. Sorry, just needed to rant somewhere where I'm not going to be told "being tired is a part of having children"...

Feel like I'm going to go crazy soon. My daughter has always woken at night, not been a major issue, normally wake once, feed and then back to bed (she is formula fed). She is on three meals a day and four bottles counting the one in the night. Now she is just an absolute horror at night. Goes down fine, self soothes and is generally asleep within five minutes of being in her cot. That's the best part of the night. For the past three weeks I've lost count of the amount of times she wakes in a night. It is currently 2am here and she has been awake and crying since 11. I am exhausted. Nothing will placate her. I have tried feeding her, cuddling her, leaving her to cry and still here we are; her wide awake and whinging and me in tears yet again. I have literally tried everything these last few weeks; less/more nap times during the day, less/more solid food, less/more formula, earlier/later bedtime, co sleeping, just sleeping in her room with her, leaving her to cry, controlled crying. Everything. I am at my wits end. I don't know what to do anymore. I am just so tired. Anyone got any advice? I try sleeping during the day when she does but I can't (very loud street), I go to bed early but I'm still awake for a minimum if 1.5 hours in the middle of the night and then she's up at 7 at the latest. The lack of sleep is ruining me. I'm a zombie at work and so grouchy during the day. Sorry, just needed to rant somewhere where I'm not going to be told "being tired is a part of having children"...

i have no advice, sorry, but wanted to send you a :hugs:
we had many sleepless months before controlled crying helped us (a bit) so I feel your pain!

if its siddenly got worse she isnt teething or any chance of an ear infection or something??? (just clutching at straws for you here)

Thank you. No signs of anything yet, I'm going to take her to the doctor on Monday to rule out anything like that, and also talk about the possibility of silent reflux; the more I read on it the more I entertain the thought that she could be suffering from it. :) ah well, time for coffee then work :-s x

I have no advice but wanted to let you know your nt alone, my you fest is 11 and a bit months and for the past week has been up for a minimum of 3 hours each night. This started after 10 days of diorrohea and now he is constantly crying through the day. I am taking him to docs first thing Monday morning to voice my concerns over stomach problems making him a very unsettled baby through day and causing pain when trying to sleep through night.
Good luck with your doc appointment hope you get some help and advice :hugs:

Thank you, penny has also had diarrhea for almost a week, it went away agin but came back today. Good luck with ur appointment too, here's hoping we get the help and answers we need! Xx

Thank you. No signs of anything yet, I'm going to take her to the doctor on Monday to rule out anything like that, and also talk about the possibility of silent reflux; the more I read on it the more I entertain the thought that she could be suffering from it. :) ah well, time for coffee then work :-s x

Hope your appointment goes well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->