Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Gabriel's sleep has been much improved since Christmas. It's on again off again good/bad nights, but there actually are good nights. He's also been sleeping longer. He used to go 9:30 - 5 with multiple wakings (usually 4) and now is usually 8:30 - 6:30 with only 2-3 wakings. I've had two nights in a row with only 2 wakings and I feel so rested. FX'd we've turned a corner and this is going to stick. I think most of the bad nights have been from his teeth hurting. Still no actual teeth, but I think they're moving and making his jaw ache.
No sleep training or routine needed. He's just getting better on his own.

Gabriel's sleep has been much improved since Christmas. It's on again off again good/bad nights, but there actually are good nights. He's also been sleeping longer. He used to go 9:30 - 5 with multiple wakings (usually 4) and now is usually 8:30 - 6:30 with only 2-3 wakings. I've had two nights in a row with only 2 wakings and I feel so rested. FX'd we've turned a corner and this is going to stick. I think most of the bad nights have been from his teeth hurting. Still no actual teeth, but I think they're moving and making his jaw ache.
No sleep training or routine needed. He's just getting better on his own.

You give me hope! Last night I got a whole 4hrs uninterrupted sleep. Im going to ride it out as well, as sleep training just isn't for us.

ugrh hes getting worse again! lastnight, bed just before 8pm, he had a good stretch tll 12.30am when he woke up crying. then he woke at 1am, 1.30am, 2.30am fed him, then woke again at 5am........im so dissaponted, he was doing so well lastweek only waking once.
however, discovered something yesterday when i had a nosey in his mouth.... a new tooth at the top, and several more that look like they are on their way. i wonder if this is the problem.......

my 2 week old is a nightmare! he wakes every hour on the hour hates sleeping in the moses basket i get about 2 hours sleep a night if im lucky! he sleeps for about 4 hours in his car seat we let him sleep in that for 2 nights but its bad for his back so cant continue that I hope this gets better im exhausted!!!

my 2 week old is a nightmare! he wakes every hour on the hour hates sleeping in the moses basket i get about 2 hours sleep a night if im lucky! he sleeps for about 4 hours in his car seat we let him sleep in that for 2 nights but its bad for his back so cant continue that I hope this gets better im exhausted!!!

Lucia :wave:

We had the same problem at 2 weeks so put her in her cot, we got 2 + hrs sleep then!! Grace is 6 weeks now and wakes usually every 3-4 hrs now. But last night we had a terrible every 30 mins night!! Im hoping it gets easier!! Swaddling made a huge difference too :thumbup: xx

Please can anyone give me some advice?! At the moment it feels like one step forward, two steps back with his sleeping. I have 2 nights where he will only wake once between 2 and 3 for a feed, then wake between 5 and 6 when i then put him on my chest and he goes back to sleep til 7. Then i have a night were he wakes nearly every 30-60 minutes, having 3 or 4 2oz feeds through the night and constantly wanting to be cuddled or his dummy put in. Its frustrating cos i know he can sleep for 6 hours as he has done it twice, i just dont get what im doing wrong those nights he wont sleep. Is it possibly regression, or would that cause waking every night? Also, am i doing wrong bringing him into bed with me, should i stop at a certain age to stop him expecting it every morning for years to come? He is still in our room in a swinging crib, i dont want him to go to his own room til 6 months.

Thank you for any advice xxx

Can ijoin you in here?
I posted this thread yesterday, if you want to read. https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/515812-long-does-sleep-regression-last.html

Last night i thought i would try and put him in his cot that is next to our bed. And this is what happened.
7.30 fed him to sleep - sleep in our bed by 8.15
9.20 wake up - breastfeed - put in his cot at 10.05
12.30 nappy leak :growlmad: so had to change his clothes etc, breastfed him and put him in his cot by 12.50 but he woke up so breastfed him again and tried him in the cot again at 1.00 and he fell asleep
3.10 wake up - breastfeeding - put in his cot at 3.35
4.55 wake up - breastfeeding - put him in his cot at 5.10
5.50 wake up AGAIN :growlmad: - breastfed him in our bed us both laying down and we both fell asleep and then he woke up for the day at 7.15

So Im very pleased he stayed in his cot the whole night even if it was quite a few wake ups. BUT at least they were spread out with very good sleep in between them and not snacking all the time which he did when he layed next to me.
Im gonna see how it goes for the next week but what do you girls think, shall i try him in his own room and see if he sleeps any better or shall i wait and see if it calms down in the next few weeks and try him in his own room in say a months time?
Please help me as im getting really tired now with all this waking up and only thing working is breastfeeding him to sleep :nope::sleep:

We're finally getting Ivy to go down in her cot from half 7 to midnight...YAY! (This is so bad but before we were taking turns to hold her after she fell asleep until we went to bed) She wakes uo but we go in and shhhh her until she goes back to sleep. The first nighrt it took 2 hours but a few times now it has only been 5 minutes. And then when she comes into bed with me she has only woken once for a feed and gone back to sleep, so all in all...yaaaaaaaaaaay :rofl:

Hi ladies hopefully someone can help me! Emily is now 5 months old , she was a great sleeper at the start and slept through from about 7 weeks. At about 4 months she started becoming an awful sleeper and it really is hard work! Sometimes she wont even go down easy , most times she falls asleep getting her last bottle (in the dark, after her bath etc) but within an hour or so shes up again and this goes on all night!!! Was thinking maybe she would be better in her own room so might move her out tonight!! and see if that helps. I just feel like I havent had a nights sleep in months and Im like a zombie!

Hi ladies hopefully someone can help me! Emily is now 5 months old , she was a great sleeper at the start and slept through from about 7 weeks. At about 4 months she started becoming an awful sleeper and it really is hard work! Sometimes she wont even go down easy , most times she falls asleep getting her last bottle (in the dark, after her bath etc) but within an hour or so shes up again and this goes on all night!!! Was thinking maybe she would be better in her own room so might move her out tonight!! and see if that helps. I just feel like I havent had a nights sleep in months and Im like a zombie!

Sounds like a very long 4 month regression! How awful! Stick to it, I'm sure it will improve soon. Perhaps her own room really will help!? It did for us.

Last night was a bit crazy for us, included 2+ hours of screaming after his 1st sleep cycle, due to gas I just could not get out. He's so gassy but at almost 8 months nearly impossible to burp. Went down to bed at 6:30pm, woke at 7:15pm, and was screaming until 9pm :( BUT he woke at 11pm, self settled before I got up :) And feed at 3am, up at 5am (self settled again before I got up), and up for the day at 6:30am!! Not bad at all!!!

my son still doesnt sleep for more than 1 hour 1/2 or on lcuky days 2 hours at a time im exhausted!!!

Im loving these type of threads, Ollie sleeps in the day and last night was 2 hourly again, we do manage 3 hours sometimes if hubby follows the plan but he fed him at 8 last night instead of 10 and the whole night was cocked up. Im so glad im on maternity leave but I just cant sleep during the dau when Ollie sleeps I feel I should be doing stuff.

I have had two kids already and Ollie is my 3rd my first son was a dream slept all night, my daughter was a nightmare and looks like Ollie is going to sit in the middle of the two.

We think he may have reflux (silent) so am awaiting a referral, he keeps grunting between feeds whilst asleep so that wakes you as well !

ruby wakes up to 6 times a night sometimes every hour. im v ill atm and just want to sleep :(

ruby wakes up to 6 times a night sometimes every hour. im v ill atm and just want to sleep :(

Snap! My boy has been giving us a nice 3ish hours from putting him down about 6.30 for about a week but when he's teething it can be much shorter than this. Hoping sleep will come with age! I just co-sleep to make things easier.

Ugh...I'm feeling like crap too...and have a little one who is up every 1-2 hrs also! Now, her naps are getting worse too. Im literally typin this on my phone with one eye open. The other is burning so bad from tiredness. Get better!

Ugh...I'm feeling like crap too...and have a little one who is up every 1-2 hrs also! Now, her naps are getting worse too. Im literally typin this on my phone with one eye open. The other is burning so bad from tiredness. Get better!

Do you breast or bottle feed hun? When your LO wakes how do you get her back to sleep? I am currently trying to move away from using the boob as a pacifier and means to send him back to sleep but it's not easy watching him cry in my arms as he wants boob. I am not sure what else to do, nothing comforts him.

My DD is currently being a nightmare. For the last 2wks she has been waking hrly! I just pop the dummy back in and she stops crying she doesn't even open her eyes I think she is coming into her REM sleep and realises that her dummy isn't in and she crys and mummy comes in and pops it back in! Yesterday morning after she got up for the day she was crying big time and even the dummy wasn't having any effect I realised she was teething.(her top front teeth as she already has both her front bottom ones)last night her teeth weren't playing her up as she took her bottle no problem. Tonight they were so gave her nurofen and gripewater 10mins later she took her bottle no problem and has currently been asleep for 45mins. Could it have been her teeth for the entire 2wks? Any advice from you lovely mum's would be gratefully recieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->