Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Still not great with us, and now 5am is when LO decides he is wide awake and wants to play, which means mummy and daddy are falling asleep by 9am!!!!!

Someone has mentioned the 'Pick up put down' method, but i can't remember who? Does anyone on here know about this method?
i don't know about it i'm afraid, maybe post a thread in baby club? I'm sure lots of lovely ladies will be able to help x

well, we did it! Charlie slept 10.30 till 3.30, then 4 till 7.15 with just a quick 5 min wake up due to my coughing (if i didn't have a nasty cough he wouldn't have woken so am not counting that)! What's that? 8 and a half hours? Amazing. Woke up to him doing some tummy time which was a bit scary. Thing is, his nappy leaked wee and his sleep suit was wet, is there such a thing as night time nappies? If a miracle happens and he does start to sleep through regularly, how do i contend with night time wee wees? Xx

Last night was horrible, the worst we've had in months. It was like my colic newborn again. 12am-3am screaming at the top of his lungs. I know he had a new tooth coming out yesterday morning so I think that was the big cut. OH + I both have headaches.

Last night was horrible, the worst we've had in months. It was like my colic newborn again. 12am-3am screaming at the top of his lungs. I know he had a new tooth coming out yesterday morning so I think that was the big cut. OH + I both have headaches.

Crappy! It's bad enough waking briefly every hr or 2, but being up in the wee hrs with a screaming baby is enough to drive anybody mad! :hugs: I always try to look on the bright side, there's always a chance tonight may be better...maybe :)

:hugs: aliss. I hope it was just the tooth and he's feeling better soon.

Last night was our best one pretty much ever! He slept 9:30 - 5:30, ate, and then back down until 7:30.

:hugs: aliss, hopefully it was just a one off as your lo was doing so well. must have been tough dealing with that all night.
glad the other charlies are doing well! my charlie has gone a bit backwards the last few days. wed had a few good nights where he only woke up once, but the past 2 nights hes woken up 2 or 3 times. lastnight was midnight, with a quick swaddle and cuddle to get back to sleep, then 2am, where i ignored him as he was just whinging and not properly crying and he self settled:thumbup:, then awake again at 4am for a feed. by far not the worst night weve had, but i was a little dissapointed as hed been doing really well!

hey ladies,
just wanted you to know i havent forgotten about you. ailahs had 2 good nights in a row now while i stayed with family so im hoping now were home she will do the same but im shattered so off to bed...
I will catch up properly 2moro just wanted to say hello xx

I have been avoiding writing in here because talking about Nolan's sleep would probably make me cry. So after a few people mentioned keeping him awake and get him 'extra tired' so he would sleep better. So instead of the normal 6:30-7 bedtime, I kept him up until 8 the past two night. He was still up every 2.5 to 3 hours and woke up for the day at 4 friggin in the morning. :dohh::dohh::dohh:

Needless to say, I am back to listening to what my baby wants to do. When he is ready for bed, he can go to bed. :flower: One good thing is we have dropped the 3am bottle (for the most part) now if only we could drop the 9:00 and 12:00. :haha:

We have done a bit of CC to drop that 3 am bottle, more whining than crying but he eats a lot better in the morning. :thumbup:

Charlie has been awake since 5am n it's now 8:30am :cry: he fed at 5, was sick so had to change his clothes which woke him up even more and he's stayed awake since :cry: HV comes at 10 - gonna have to try n cancel kus when Charlie does sleep it's gonna be a nice long one...hopefully!!!!!!

Still not great with us, and now 5am is when LO decides he is wide awake and wants to play, which means mummy and daddy are falling asleep by 9am!!!!!

Someone has mentioned the 'Pick up put down' method, but i can't remember who? Does anyone on here know about this method?

I think pick up/put down is where if they start crying you pick them up and comfort them, but as soon as they are calm you put them back in the cot. I they cry again, you pick up and do the same again, putting them down as soon as they are calm. You keep repeating til they fall asleep in their cot.

I think I need to join this thread, my boy used to be a great sleeper but now he wakes constantly through the night. At one point last night he was waking every 15 mins. I am shattered and don't know if I can cope with this indefinately. :nope:

charlie up to his old tricks again last night, woke 5 times between 10.30 and 7, including 2 dirty nappies, 2 changes of sleep suit, 1 change of vest, 2 big sickies and lots of rollie pollies on to his tummy and getting stuck. Was tiring but kept me on my toes :) xx

Just wanted to ask advice from you experienced non sleeping mums.
My little one is experiencing 4 month sleep regression waking up about 5/6 times, wanting 5 minute BFn then back to sleep. I am very worried that BF so often is reinforcing bad sleep associations but absolutely nothing else works. He just screams hysterically and wakes the whole house up

Trouble is i feel like i am encouraging him to wake up by feeding him. Will he grow out of waking up so much naturally or should i stop BF now and have the screaming?Does the regression pass on it's own or should i be doing something to bring him out of it?
Thanks x

Just wanted to ask advice from you experienced non sleeping mums.
My little one is experiencing 4 month sleep regression waking up about 5/6 times, wanting 5 minute BFn then back to sleep. I am very worried that BF so often is reinforcing bad sleep associations but absolutely nothing else works. He just screams hysterically and wakes the whole house up

Trouble is i feel like i am encouraging him to wake up by feeding him. Will he grow out of waking up so much naturally or should i stop BF now and have the screaming?Does the regression pass on it's own or should i be doing something to bring him out of it?
Thanks x

Mine did the same. It's a sleep regression/developmental freight train/growth spurt. The baby needs the extra food, so just go with it. They will outgrow it! But they do it because they need it.

We had a very good night 7pm-5:30am (midnight waking) because he was back in his strict routine (the night before, I asked OH to do the midnight feeding because I wanted some rest, but it wasn't 'the same' and Alex just went crazy).

I'm still waiting to recover from the 4 mth sleep regression. Last night, bed at 7:30pm, up 9:30pm,11pm (didn't go back to sleep till 1),up at 4am,5:30am...but slept till 8:30am when usually were up at 5:30am. I tried to get her to sleep without nursing at the 9:30pm wake up..but she then wouldn't go back to sleep for 2 hrs! I'm like the walking dead today!

Hi ladies,
I've had a total loss of confidence tonight, my dd has never been a great sleeper, but what I thought was the 4 month sleep regression has never left us, and the last 4 nights have been the worst to date. The longest she has slept since she was born was 4 hours a few times back at the beginning of Nov. I feel like I'm losing my marbles, I feel like I'm losing all perspective and getting totally obsessed by sleep. I didnt have much sleep while I was pregnant either, I had carpal tunnel that woke me up every few hours for the last 5 months.
I've always tried to have a good routine with her, and not cave and bring her downstairs when she wakes up, but now I'm beginning to think what's the point? She has decent naps, not too long/short. My oh has just taken her out for a spin to try to chill her out, something we havent ever resorted to before, but I was having a bit of a breakdown. We are on a pathetic day 2 of the no cry sleep solution, but it just feels so futile. I know she is just a baby and she will grow out of it, and I really don't know if I can bring myself to try CC, no offence to anyone who has. But we are self employed and in April I am going to have to be getting some sleep, and doing some work in the evenings. I feel like such a bad mother.:cry: Im going to double post this in Baby club to see if I get any pearls of wisdom.

No help mackenzie, but :hugs: My LO is still a lousy sleeper at 10 months. He is usually up every 2 hours, but its just in the past few weeks improved to every 2.5-3 hours. I've been back at work full time since he was 10 weeks, so I know tired. The sleep deprivation definitely makes me regret having him at times, but I know he'll eventually grow out of this. I did sort of get used to living like a zombie at around the 6 month mark. Maybe that's when I finally gave up hope of ever sleeping.
I hope your LO starts to sleep better for you soon.

And here begins another night...I can't believe that I dread going to bed now. If we could only function off 3 hrs sleep a day!

well ''night 4'' of our ''sleep training'' and so far big results - well it feels like it LOL, ty has gone from every 2 hour ''feeds'' (comfort sucking) to 3 hourly in day and 5 hourly at night! yay, feeling great after just a few more hours sleep!

sigh... i dont feel like im ever going to get a full nights sleep ever again! charlie has improved from last month when he was waking every hour or two, but he still wakes up several times a night.
lastnight bed at 8pm as normal, woke at 12.30am, took till 1.30 to get him to sleep (involved several pick up put downs only to have him wake up and cry after a minute of putting him down) then he woke again at 2.30am! fed him then and he went back to sleep till 6.30am. the last few days hes woken early at 6.30 ish, which is really wearing me out as hes woke up afew times in the night.

Well after LO accidentally CIO'd *all* night before (see https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/513218-left-cio-last-night-accident.html) he did a 10 hour stretch (6pm-4am) last night but... not worth it IMO. You can see from my posts how awful he felt in the day after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->