Sleepless Nights Support Thread

A good start 9 till 12.40, up for nappy change and feed, just about to put back down at 1.15 x

Does he fill his diaper that fast? We used to change his diaper at every feed and it woke him up completely, so we stopped.

Hey ladies. I thought this thread is where I belong, so hope you don' t mind if I join in. My DD is broken...she don't sleep. Well she does, with a breast in her mouth. Last night, she went down at 7:40pm-up at 9:30 back down 9:50-up at 11:30...and this continued ALL night!!! Now she always goes right back to sleep with nursing..but I could happily do away with about 6 night feeds. I swear she thinks I'm an all you can eat buffet. So here I am feeding her, about to put her to sleep in the hopes I can sit down with OH and watch a movie. Wish me luck!

Hey ladies. I thought this thread is where I belong, so hope you don' t mind if I join in. My DD is broken...she don't sleep. Well she does, with a breast in her mouth. Last night, she went down at 7:40pm-up at 9:30 back down 9:50-up at 11:30...and this continued ALL night!!! Now she always goes right back to sleep with nursing..but I could happily do away with about 6 night feeds. I swear she thinks I'm an all you can eat buffet. So here I am feeding her, about to put her to sleep in the hopes I can sit down with OH and watch a movie. Wish me luck!

Have you ever read Dr Sears Baby Sleep book? It has a lot of no cry help for cosleeping breastfeeding mothers (basically, how to "close the all-night buffet" tricks, LOL)

I had finally got my son into a good routine, once Christmas and New Years came and went, it has went tits up.. He is now awake watching Mickey Mouse for the 100th time today and is clapping and singing along :lol: I am lucky that he's not cross and crying, but I would love for us to have a better routine.. I have tried waking him early.. Putting him down earlier.. Adjusting his feeds etc.. No luck as yet.. He is a great sleeper once he actually goes to sleep.. It's just out of sync! x

I have heard alot about it, and have read many times online about it. Maybe, just maybe I will have to give in and buy it. I keep telling myself she will grow out of it..but if it lasts longer than a yr..I may be institutionalized.

Hmm I see it's only $10 on amazon! I'd send u my copy but it might cost more in shipping lol? I'm in Vancouver

Thanx :) I actually was gonna head to Chapters and buy the BLW cookbook, but they were all out across the city last week. Hoping maybe they have somehow aquired more copies. Then I can kill two birds with one stone.

Really..you got me excited. I may not be able to sleep now. Sad how such small things in life bring me so much joy. Im running out of dinner ideas as my usual meals arent exactly baby friendly.

Aliyah has gone from sleeping 12 hours + straight through the night and now she is waking up every hour at least.
Last night between 9pm-7.30am she only woke up 21 times:dohhh:

Aliyah has gone from sleeping 12 hours + straight through the night and now she is waking up every hour at least.

You will probably find a tooth soon.

Poor you. I only woke up 7 times last night. I HOPE this is all due to teething as there are some pretty large bumps under DDs gums.

charlie slept 9-5 last night with only 2 wake ups. My friend was round tonigh so a later bedtime but he has been fast asleep in his cot since 10.30x

charlie slept 9-5 last night with only 2 wake ups. My friend was round tonigh so a later bedtime but he has been fast asleep in his cot since 10.30x

Wooohhoooo :happydance: hopefully you get another good night tonight! My Charlie managed to wake at 12am, 3:30, and 7:00am the other night. Last night he was soso, but it was my mistake I didn't go to sleep until 2am, waiting for his feed and had been awake without a nap for 12hrs previously. Just waiting for his feed to cool, then hopefully he'll go down nicely and sleep till 3 or 4 - I've also premade two feeds to help myself out (my bottle arrived! Fussy baby only likes one kind of bottle lol)...so hopefully I manage a bit better. Waiting for his feeds to cool - ergh! It takes ages, two trips to thr kitchen to make sure the water its cooling in is actually cool and he screams the house down while he's waiting! :dohh:

Way to go Charlie!
Gabriel is currently jumping like mad in his jumperoo. I'm hoping he'll exhaust himself and sleep well tonight.
Last night was pretty good. He slept 9 till 6 only waking three times and the first time he only needed rocking back to sleep, no food.
I'm giving him the homeopathic teething gel at night as well in the hopes it's been his teeth bothering him the past few nights.

it's looking good for us all isn't it? Charlie slept 10.30 till 3.30 when he woke for his feed. That's 5 hours straight. I do believe that's classed as that holy grail of phrases 'sleeping through the night'?!? :happydance:Best thing is he's just fallen asleep again so providing he doesn't wake up again when i put him down i can go right back to sleep! Amazing.:yipee::headspin::smug::wohoo:

Still not great with us, and now 5am is when LO decides he is wide awake and wants to play, which means mummy and daddy are falling asleep by 9am!!!!!

Someone has mentioned the 'Pick up put down' method, but i can't remember who? Does anyone on here know about this method?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->