Sleepless Nights Support Thread

thank god for this thread! im lydia and oscars 15 weeks he has never been in a routine despite our efforts! and he has always been a terrible sleeper we have never had a full nights rest the longest hes ever slept is 4 hours ONCE! he ussually goes to sleep between 8pm and 10pm wakes at 12 IF were lucky then again at 2 - 3 30 4 45 5 30 and 7 hes awake for the day the last few nights we havnt even had that he will not settle and is very irritable and i have no clue why hes been very clingy and wingey and will somtimes yelp in pain then be fine a few minutes later hes dribbiling everywhere and trying to put everything in his mouth is it to early to be teething or 4 month sleep regression x

This sounds exactly like my LO right now. Last night was the worse so far. I think we managed to get a few hours broken up through the night but from 2 to 5 am I just sat there putting his pacifier back in so that he could soothe himself for 5 mins and sleep.

I am pretty sure he is teething. Plus he has tried to roll over and his hand eye coordination has increased dramatically since last week. I am just hoping the restlessness can calm down. Unless I am holding on arm down he won't settle. Has anyone tried swaddling an older baby and did it work?

Yes I still swaddle mine at 8.5 months (with 1 arm out now, trying to wean off it). He really can't cope without it for some reason. It works well for us.

charlie went to bed at 10.30 and woke at 11.30, 2, 3 4 and 4.30, just getting back to sleep now :nope: its not his fault he's exhausted, but he's got a blocked nose due to a cold. Have just used some saline spray so he sounds a bit clearer. How else can i keep him clear at night? We're both shattered :cry:

charlie went to bed at 10.30 and woke at 11.30, 2, 3 4 and 4.30, just getting back to sleep now :nope: its not his fault he's exhausted, but he's got a blocked nose due to a cold. Have just used some saline spray so he sounds a bit clearer. How else can i keep him clear at night? We're both shattered :cry:

I think Vicks do a Vaporiser for babies that you can have on in the room x

try and elevate the head end of his cot. it helps them breathe a bit better x

When mine has a cold, all I can do is stay up all night holding him :( Even with cold remedies, it's just... ugh.

Last night was a wee bit better for us: bed at 7, up at 8:30 (grizzled & back to bed without me), 10:30pm (8oz bottle), 12-12:30am (8oz bottle!), 4:30am (8oz bottle), up for the day at 6am sharp. 4 wakings, 3 where I needed to get up. A lot of improvement from the night before (7 wakings).

3x8oz bottles overnight - can you say GROWTH SPURT? LOL. Wonder week 37. He's still taking 5x8oz bottles in the day.

Eventually my5 day old little boy went to sleep this evening at 12am...he hasn't woken yet and my boobs feel like they are going to explode... Can't express yet as stuff in the bloody doshwasher... Do I wake him???

What did you do BubbaG? I probably would have given him a dream feed. Just in case you don't know what that is (apologies if you do) If you lift him out of his cot and put him to your boob he should feed without waking. It's a natural instinct, I can still do it with my 5 month old. x

Well we had another bad night between 2 and 2hrs 30 between wakings. Scarlett slept better than this when she was a newborn :cry: I'm so tired zzzzzzzzzzzzz All I can say is that it's half term next week so DH will be home. My god he better let me have a lie in at least one morning or I might lose the plot with him completely. It's all very well him saying he wakes up when she does (he doesn't always) and he's tired but he goes back to sleep within seconds and starts snoring. Grrrrr!

Well we had 3 fab nights with Harrison where he went to bed at 6.30pm and didnt wake till 5ish yay, thought we were getting somewhere. Then last night he went to bed at 6.30pm and woke at 1am and wouldnt settle so I fed him at 2am (5oz) and he still took till 3.30am to settle, then up again at 6.00am (6oz) and wouldnt go off so up for the day then!!!!!! What am i doing wrong? lol xxxxxxxx

hi girls x

oscar went from 10 - 1 30am,3am,6am and woke at 7am so for us thats quite a good night! x

ailss said:
Yes I still swaddle mine at 8.5 months (with 1 arm out now, trying to wean off it). He really can't cope without it for some reason. It works well for us.

OMG I want to hug you. We swaddled last night and he went 10 pm to 3 am. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:hugs: for Aliss

The night isn't over yet but having that is a start. Thanks so much!!

ailss said:

OMG I want to hug you. We swaddled last night and he went 10 pm to 3 am. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:hugs: for Aliss

The night isn't over yet but having that is a start. Thanks so much!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :hugs:

Hope the rest of the night went well for you!!!

It did! He slept till 5, ate, swaddled, slept and up at 7. Much better than our last few nights and everyone slept. Much happiness in the house this morning. Hopefully he grows out of whatever is making him so restless but till then I hope we have found a solution!

Thanks again! :happydance:

It did! He slept till 5, ate, swaddled, slept and up at 7. Much better than our last few nights and everyone slept. Much happiness in the house this morning. Hopefully he grows out of whatever is making him so restless but till then I hope we have found a solution!

Thanks again! :happydance:

He should have a chat with mine then :rofl: :sleep: We're in a bad growth spurt. But yes, I don't know how I would've lived without a swaddle!!! LOL

I think maybe we just had the 12 month growth spurt. It just happened to occur not long after he'd finally decided to start sleeping at night, but the last two night's have been good. Keeping my FX'd that I can actually start getting sleep at night.

still not great here, but not terrible either. lastnight was bed at 8pm, woke at midnight crying, tried for ages to get him back to sleep but gave in after a while and took him to bed with me. then he woke at 5am so i fed him and he went back to sleep for a couple of hours.
today he has only had one nap of 20mins all day! and he has been crawling around all day, so if he doesnt sleep well tonight, i dont think he ever will!

Alex is still a pain when it comes to sleep, some nights are brilliant with about 3 wake ups, roughly every three hours after ive gone to bed and other nights like last night has been horrible. Tonight he has already woken up 3 times since he fell asleep at 7.00. I reckon tonight will be a night with many wake ups. Thank god im co-sleeping. HURRAY!!!! Dont know what i would have done if i didnt.
I got a feeling its time for me to go to bed now as he has decided to wake up at 6 every morning the last few weeks... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm joining this thread today too...Isla is teething badly and has a cold. she's been up since midnight now and mummy is very tired :sleep:

I knew it. The night was a bit mad! He decided to wake up at 3.45 not wanting to go back to sleep. In the end I just turned my back to him ignoring him and I was half asleep. He fell asleep again after a while as I woke up at 6.10 seeing Alex fast asleep next to me. I fell back to sleep and was woken up by a small hand touching my face at 7.10. Thanks Alex for the one hour lie in. Was very nice :D

I finally took Jayden to be weighed, showed HV a log i'd been writing down with the amount of times he's up, she said he's an abnormal sleeper.. lmao.

oscars been in bed sinse nine pm :) why arent i!!! he'll be up anytime now . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->