Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Last night was TERRIBLE! She was up every hr! On the bright side, I was able to get her back to sleep twice by rubbing her back instead of nursing. I also don't believe in CIO or sleep training, but some days I'm pushed close to the edge. Reading The Baby Sleep Book has helped. It just confirms my beliefs that a baby will sleep thru when their ready, rather than being forced to. But tonights another night(she's already been up once lol) and I'm hoping for some ZZZZZZ's.

I have been having some terrible nights sleep when DS has been up every hour from 12.30 :(

He does have a cold and nasty cough. Do you think it's mainly that? He never took well to the cot but I persevered during the 1st part of the night (between 7-12) and he sleeps well then, waking on average once for a cuddle back to sleep. But after that 1st night waking I took him into our bed as I couldn't cope with the lack of sleep. He was sleeping well with us but then since the cold he's been waking loads, like every hour. I should say before the cold we got one 5hour stint somewhere in the night (usually 10-3) then he'd wake about 5-6ish & then be up for the day.

Because he was waking up loads I decided that it was time to move him out of the bed & into his cot. He woke up so much last night that I thought I'd ask here for some advice.

So last night went:
7-12.30 (one waking & stroked back to sleep)
12.30 feed (really little feed)
2.30 feed
4.00 feed
6.00 feed
several wakings inbetween to be settled again.

Now I know it's my first attempt at putting in his cot all night but I noticed a pattern that I'd like to brake. When I put him in his cot, he's asleep on me (in the night, he falls asleep by himself at bedtime with my help) and as soon as he's near the cot (doesn't even have to be in it) he arches his back & kicks his legs & moans then wakes up & I have to start again. How do I get him to settle in the cot? and how do I get him used to being put down to sleep?

thanks for reading - this turned out longer than what I thought it would!!!!

oh by the way, I won't cry it out but am happy to try anything else.

Anyone else have a night owl baby? :(

I know she's only a couple of weeks but she's a dream during the day until we get to 11pm/midnight and that's it, no more sleep till the crack of Dawn..... Anything we can do about this?? She seems to cry out in sudden pain too :(

I made night time quite & dark & no fuss. I didn't even talk to Leo at night. Day time is light, noisy & I chatter away to Leo. I also swaddled him at night but not during the day.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

9pm,11pm,3am,3:30am,4am,4-6am, :dohh: Plus whining throughout. Suspect teething again. And to think he actually STTN (7:30pm-5am) on Monday! What a tease! Going on vacation tomorrow for 10 days, I'm sure the hotel will disturb him even more.

well weve taken about a hundred steps backwards this week :-(
charlie was ill over the weekend with a virus, so of course his sleep went down the pan completely, but hes a lot better now and his sleep is still awfull. weve pretty much coslept all night for the past few nights, as he just would not stay in his cot. hed just scream when put in their. hes been waking in the evening again now too screaming.
this is so frustrating. my friends baby born at the same time has been sleeping through for aaaaggges!
he always wakes up bright eyed and full of smiles looking so happy, whereas im miserable, moody, cant be bothered and can barely open my eyes to look at him.

Hi everyone. I never thought i'd need to post in this thread as my son has slept through for some time but it seems this has now stopped :( I really hope its temporary coz im absolutely knackered. It started 4 nights ago. The first night he woke at 1am and nothing i did settled him at all, i eventually got him back to sleep at 4am. The next night he woke at 1.55am and since i mad a mistake of feeding him the night before decided not to this night, i eventually got him back to sleep at 3.30am. The following night he woke at 1am, after an hour of trying to settle him i finally relented and decided to try him on his tummy - he was out like a light til 7.30 when he decided he wanted to get back onto his back and couldnt for the sleeping bag! Last night, i put him down without his bag on his back as always with the intention of turning him when he became unsettled. I think i may have turned him too early. Instead of waiting til the early hours i rolled him about 10 when he stirred. I think i may have shot myself in the foot coz instead of him going all night he woke at 3.30am and would not settle again. Nothing at all helped. In the end at 4.30 i fed him :wacko: and eventually at 5am managed to get him to somewhat drift.
Would anyone have any advice, ideas or any offerings that might help me out, i desperately need a good nights sleep....

Thank you ladies :)

xxx :hugs: to all you sufferers, it sure is hard.

charlie just doesn't get it. 2 nights went well with only 3 then 4 wake ups respectively, but last night was ridiculous. I stopped counting when by 2am i'd gotten up with him 7 times, and there was a lot more after that too! I think it was because he's a bit bunged up, he's worked hard today to only produce small hard poopies, but problem is there's ALWAYS something! Either teething or a cold or trapped wind or constipated...i won't leave him to cry, especially as he's waking up for a reason (he also feeds 3x a night), but i've not slept for longer than 4 hours at a time (which is rare) for over 6 months now. I am actually a zombie, i start sentences, zone out and finish them with something completely different! :wacko:

Hi can I join you?

LO has never been a good sleeper usually up many times a night. Tonight he has been up hourly since I put him to bed :dohh:

I'm so tired...oh well, I'm counting the hours down till morning.

i am soooo tired.had a bad night lastnight and cant remember how many times Cody had me up.he hasnt slept this morning either and wont settle.his being so clingy and doesnt want to be put down.i feel like screaming, all i want is to have something to eat have a bath and nap. even more moody that the husband never gets up at night to see to Cody and yet he still gets a lay in :( how is that fair?

Argh! Lily is currently lying in her Moses basket, spitting her dummy out and then whinging until she gets it back! At one point I even saw her grab it with her hand, take it out of her mouth and throw it away from her - are 5 week olds even supposed to be able to do that?! It's not even 11pm yet, but I get the feeling it's going to be one of those nights...

I'm slowly losing it!!!!! The thought of a rubber room seems rather appealing at this time!

Argh! Lily is currently lying in her Moses basket, spitting her dummy out and then whinging until she gets it back! At one point I even saw her grab it with her hand, take it out of her mouth and throw it away from her - are 5 week olds even supposed to be able to do that?! It's not even 11pm yet, but I get the feeling it's going to be one of those nights...

my LO does the same and his only 2 weeks. knocks it out and starts moaning because he wants it back and does it over and over until you pick him up.then magicly you pick him up,his a happy bunny and falls asleep almost straight away

my LO does the same and his only 2 weeks. knocks it out and starts moaning because he wants it back and does it over and over until you pick him up.then magicly you pick him up,his a happy bunny and falls asleep almost straight away

And mine lol

And mine lol

Little devils :haha:

LO was a bit grizzly last night so i picked her up out of her moses basket and put her in bed with me, I am regretting this so much now I do not want her thinking she can do it all the time!! Hope she does not try it again tonight lol

LO was a bit grizzly last night so i picked her up out of her moses basket and put her in bed with me, I am regretting this so much now I do not want her thinking she can do it all the time!! Hope she does not try it again tonight lol

i know the feeling. i started doing this with charlie when he was 4 months as he just wouldnt sleep. he is 8 months now and its vaery rare if he stays in the cot all night. i try hard to keep him in the cot, but at 4am, when ive already been woken up several times, i just want some sleep so always give in and bring him in with me. he does sleep better in bed with me, and its lovely waking up with him smiling next to me :) but i do wish i could get him back in the cot all night, he is a right fidget!

I think I am going to be joining you ladies here seeing as my LO gets crabby at night and I can't figure out why. I walk and walk and walk and walk with her as I try to figure out what the issue is. Clean diaper, freshly fed (3-4oz), sometimes there's a burp - sometimes not, she doesn't want her paccy but then wants it - acting constantly hungry. My back and trying to heal lady bits (my poor stitches) can't take the walking anymore! Anyone have any ideas? This really only happens at night, once in awhile it'll be during the day but mainly nighttime.

My LO has been a lil horror since birth hes constantly on the lookout for food lol We have now nicknamed him Sir Chomp Chomp as thats all he does...We had him on SMA and from 2 weeks he was drinking 5oz every hour and a half I thought I was going insane with lack of sleep..Spoke to my GP who told me Aptamil Hungry would be the best..He had his first bottle of this last night and went 5 hours!!!!!!...Today hes been going 3 hrs at a time..Long may this continue :)

My LO is on a sleep strike and has been for the last 3 or 4 evenings :-| He has been awake since 8pm and has been wanting to feed all the time for the last 2 hours, every time I put him down he crys and I think I might join him crying soon :-( He is BF so theres just no let up. So so tired, all I want to do is sleep :-(

I think I am going to be joining you ladies here seeing as my LO gets crabby at night and I can't figure out why. I walk and walk and walk and walk with her as I try to figure out what the issue is. Clean diaper, freshly fed (3-4oz), sometimes there's a burp - sometimes not, she doesn't want her paccy but then wants it - acting constantly hungry. My back and trying to heal lady bits (my poor stitches) can't take the walking anymore! Anyone have any ideas? This really only happens at night, once in awhile it'll be during the day but mainly nighttime.

Any ideas: - if it is regular (ie not a growth spurt, with the constantly hungry bit you mentioned) then probably just wants a cuddle......these babies have been snug in our tummies for 9 months, to then put them on a mattress that doesn't cuddle them back isn't what they're used to yet :shrug: if its not regular then sounds growth spurty - there is one around this time. It can take a while before babies sort their day from night too.......she is still really young looking at your ticker :hugs:

My LO has been a lil horror since birth hes constantly on the lookout for food lol We have now nicknamed him Sir Chomp Chomp as thats all he does...We had him on SMA and from 2 weeks he was drinking 5oz every hour and a half I thought I was going insane with lack of sleep..Spoke to my GP who told me Aptamil Hungry would be the best..He had his first bottle of this last night and went 5 hours!!!!!!...Today hes been going 3 hrs at a time..Long may this continue :)

Lucky you :haha: at nearly 8 months I would chop off a limb for 3 hours :haha: enjoy!!! Love the nickname :cloud9:

My LO is on a sleep strike and has been for the last 3 or 4 evenings :-| He has been awake since 8pm and has been wanting to feed all the time for the last 2 hours, every time I put him down he crys and I think I might join him crying soon :-( He is BF so theres just no let up. So so tired, all I want to do is sleep :-(

Growth spurt? Can you cosleep safely til its over? Or can someone help you out so you can catch up on sleep when hes not feeding? :hugs: :hugs:

AFM not been here in a while but still sleepless :haha: Dylan is finally learning to self settle more consistently so the sacred land of STTN doesn't seem like a total impossibility. He is 7.5 months old. It has to happen one day right? :haha:

Hope all you sleepless mummies are ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->