Sleepless Nights Support Thread

i put my LO to bed aound 9:30 cos he never sleeps more than 3hr 30mins which gradually reduces thro night. That way i go to bed when he does and make most of best part of night. Even with frequent wakenings hes not ready to get u before 8. # Thing is he is totally exhausted and crying before 9 and needs to go earlier but i go earlier can't cos of other kids. Am i asking fr trouble putting him down earlier. any advice welcome

Jayden's being such a monkey again, he fell asleep at 7pm in his cot on his own, with his dummy and dreamshow on, woke up at 8pm, since then i've been up 6 times. Wish these HV's would get back to me i'm running on empty here.

I read babies around 6 month should have 2-3 naps totalling 3 hours a day, plus 11-12hrs sleep at night? WHAT?!!!

Jayden averages 5hours waking in between all night, and ten min nap in the day!

My LO slept from 7pm - 5am from 2 months until 5 months. However During the last 6 months she has only slept through once. On a good night she'll go down at 7pm, wake at around 1am and then sleep from 2am -7.30am however lately she's been waking 4 times a night between 11.30pm and 8am. My hubby can't help as he needs his sleep for work, he works ridiculous shifts, we have no routine. I've changed her milk, changed brand of nappies, changed her sleeping bag, tried different clothes to keep her cosy, tried dream feeding, tried moving her tea time and tried moving her bedtime. I don't know what to do next :wacko: I'm a student and with the lack of sleep and studying i'm totally exhausted. She's almost 11 months and I can't see this resuming any time soon. It's been over a year since I had 8 hours sleep in 1 go.

Just. need. sleep :sleep:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Thank you.

Yea...I know that one. LO is sleeping for 1.5 to 2 hours at a time. Don't know how I am going to survive another night of getting a few hours of unbroken sleep.

Here's hoping it ends soon. Been doing this for two weeks now.

So sick of this lack of sleep now. Getting worse, all my posts are negative sorry

I wish this thread had filled me with hope but it hasn't :dohh: My LO is only 2 weeks old today and I'm shattered already. He hasn't really got a pattern yet though so that'll maybe help a bit when he has :wacko:
xx

:hugs:sarah i feel for you, jayden still not improving then?
urgh every time i think we are getting somewhere with the sleep we take 10 steps backwards. the other night charlie went till 4am without waking! fed him and he went back off till 7am! amazing! i thought yes hes getting better!
but the last 2 night have been crap. he went to bed at 8pm, then woke at 12 (id only gone to bed at 11 so got an hours sleep) he came into bed with us, and fell back to sleep. woke another 2 times breifly settled by dummy and a cuddle, then woke properly at 4am, had a feed, then fidgeted on and off untill 6am where he was wide awake for the day. so all in all i hardly got any sleep. so tierd today.
hes nearly 8 months and i thought hed be better by now :-( at least we do have some good nights, but i go back to work in 3 weeks and im so worried about how tierd im going to be.

Oh ladies...I pray to the sleep gods every damn night and they obviously don't care to listen to me! A good night now consists of waking only 4 times. The frustrating part is DD slept better the 1st 3 months...and 5 months later there's no sign of improvement. I feel for you Stevie123 as I'm going back to work in 2 months and I'm already having trouble coping just thinking of working 40 hrs week on broken/lack of sleep. It's taking it's toll on me, my relationship with OH..and I keep telling myself it will get better, but it doesn't. I'm crying as I type this as i just can't cope these days. I'm normally not a drama queen, but 5 mths of this is just about enough. Sorry for this, I just know that if there's anyone who will understand me.. Its you guys! Off for another nights sleep, maybe I'll try crossing my toes instead!

Hang in there ladies it will get better. I had to wake every 2 hours (or more) for the first 11 months, but he sleeps the night now and only sometimes wakes once. And I managed while working full time from the time he was 2 months old.
Every time you think you can't do it anymore, you'll find the strength to carry on. :hugs:

:hugs: aww babydayz
i know how you feel. everynight i think 'oooh this could be the night that he sleeps better' but nope, every night im disapointed!
my lo also slept better for the first 2/3 months. he was an angel. hes worse now somenights then he was the first week we brought him home! its crazy i dont get it!
im extremely tierd today. lo woke at midnight screaming. it took me ages to get him back to sleep, about an hour, and then he woke again at just gone 5am for the day! i tried for an hour to get him back to sleep. i fed him, and took him into my bed hopping hed nodd off for another hour or 2 untill 7ish or something, but when 6am came and he was still awake i gave up and got up!
i think when i go back to work i am going to have to go to bed at the same time as lo (8pm) so that at least i can get a good few hours in before he wakes usualy around midnight. though this will mean i get absolutely no me time in the evenings, but i dont see what else i can do. i cant be going to work everyday after just afew hours of broken sleep!

Ugh...it's a battle I'm just not winning. DD sleeps 6-6 which is a good schedule for us as once I go back to work I will have to be out of the house before 7am. I just would like a few hours of sleep at the beginning of the night. The max she sleeps is 2.5 hrs...sometimes she makes it closer to 3 but never longer. I try to go to bed when she does but it's hard as there's always things to be done. She's almost walking, so I'm hoping that once she does it tires her out more. Here's to hoping anyhow.

Anyone else have a night owl baby? :(

I know she's only a couple of weeks but she's a dream during the day until we get to 11pm/midnight and that's it, no more sleep till the crack of Dawn..... Anything we can do about this?? She seems to cry out in sudden pain too :(

Anyone else have a night owl baby? :(

I know she's only a couple of weeks but she's a dream during the day until we get to 11pm/midnight and that's it, no more sleep till the crack of Dawn..... Anything we can do about this?? She seems to cry out in sudden pain too :(

My baby is like this too ... I only wish I could sleep when she does during day but I cant seem 2 relax so come midnight when she wakes until 6am again I am knackered!!!

xxx

Hang in there ladies it will get better. I had to wake every 2 hours (or more) for the first 11 months, but he sleeps the night now and only sometimes wakes once. And I managed while working full time from the time he was 2 months old.
Every time you think you can't do it anymore, you'll find the strength to carry on. :hugs:

Did you do anything to get him to sleep thru, or did it just happen one night?

It just happened one night.
I personally don't believe you need to train babies and they'll sleep when they're ready. He just happened to be a very hungry baby who needed to eat multiple times a night.

It just happened one night.
I personally don't believe you need to train babies and they'll sleep when they're ready. He just happened to be a very hungry baby who needed to eat multiple times a night.

Mine hasn't needed to eat the past 3 days either for the first time in his life (some separation anxiety though), last night slept through 7:30pm-5am, thought I had died & gone to heaven. It took 9 months and we're still very iffy but I think we're on a new path. He has started eating solids in the past 3 days too (before he just picked at it, BLW)

That's great aliss! I think you'll find you'll have a few good days, then a few bad ones again for a while. Esp when you toss in teething and growth spurts, but overall it will improve and then one day he'll be sleeping through.
Anytime I wake up after only 4-5 hours straight sleep and feel tired, I just think back to how it used to be and while I'm still tired, I know better than to complain.

Hey a few good days and a few bad days still means a few good days :) I always look at the bright side lol! We had a massive growth spurt last week (4-5 night feedings) then several days of fussiness (fingers crossed he seems less fussy today after yesterday's ehxausting fussy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->