Sleping bags

didda

Mummy of 2 amazing kids!
Reaction score
Sorry if it is a silly question but...
I just wondered if anyone can give me any advice / guidance on sleeping bags / sleep pods for little ones...
I have bought a few sleep pods for my little boy and when he is was in his moses basket they were too big so he had blankets. He is now in his crib and I was wondering whether I can use them when he is in this? I know it is nowhere near as big as his cot is, but he regularly kicks his sheets and blankets off and I just think I'd be happier if he was using one???
Thanks in advance! xx

I've had Lexie in her sleeping bag in her moses baskets. :D

I had Ally in his sleeping bag as soon as he went into the cot. I would have put him in when he was in his moses and just let the end hang over or bunch up but I just used blankets for a while as it was summer (or pretend summer at least!) when Ally was born.

I'm sorry, I have no advice, just wanted to ask whether I can stalk yout thread for a while :lol:
I'm planning on getting Lola a sleeping bag now that she's in her cot...

I swear by them....all mine have used them from birth and all slept through between 6-12wks old even though breastfed (some people think breastfed babies don't sleep through for ages:dohh: all babies have different sleep patterns whether breast or bottle fed)

they come in different sizes. so when to use them depends on the size. For example my LO is in 6 - 18 month ones I think.

i have bought Ella's first sleeping bag today, a gorgeous one from mothercare. 0-6months old. some of you are saying that you LOs are n their cots now, just wondering... at what age should you start them in their cot in your room???

xxx

I'm sorry, I have no advice, just wanted to ask whether I can stalk yout thread for a while :lol:
I'm planning on getting Lola a sleeping bag now that she's in her cot...

Of course you can! :happydance:

I swear by them....all mine have used them from birth and all slept through between 6-12wks old even though breastfed (some people think breastfed babies don't sleep through for ages:dohh: all babies have different sleep patterns whether breast or bottle fed)

Thank you! I am breastfeeding but did get a run of 7 hours last night without him waking! Although that is not the usual! I'm off to put the ones I have in the washer... :hugs:

we have used sleeping bags since about 3 weeks old and maddi is still in them in her moses basket, they kind of just bunch up at the ends! shes about to move to her cot :) i swear by them! give us complete peace of mind :) x

Ive had Rihanna in sleeping bags since she was aroung 6 weeks.... therefore in pram and in crib, she is fast asleep now in a big strawberry one cos she is a bugger for kicking the covers off. I swear by them xx

bought my lo her first sleeping bag from mothercare today- winnie pooh one.
Its currently on its way home in my hubbys car tho so i will put her in it tmw- hope it lets her sleep better...

oh do u girls put anything on top of sleeping bag (ie another blanket) or no??

girls? any blanket on top or is a 2.5 tog sleeping bag sufficient?
its 20.6 in my room at the moment & this drops to around 18 in early morning...

I never got on with mine I found them a pain in butt! :blush: lol

girls? any blanket on top or is a 2.5 tog sleeping bag sufficient?
its 20.6 in my room at the moment & this drops to around 18 in early morning...

iv been wondering this too. used ours for the first time last night and would like to know the answer

xx

You don't need blankets when using a sleeping bag - I always thought that defeated the purpose. :rofl: If it is between 16 and 20 a 2.5 tog duvet will do with pj's or sleepsuit, if colder maybe a cardigan, or 3 tog bag, and higher then lighter night clothes, or 1 tog bag. I have used a sleeping bag since Amy was 10lb, and swear by them! :) x

Its freezing outside but I've got her in a bodysuit, then her sleepsuit and into her sleeping bag and shes fine in that, no blanky required which is great as you dont have to worry bout her kicking them off! If they need a cuddle you can lift them out in the bag and put her back in the bag without cold blankets waking them!
Cant reccomend them higher! Shes been in hers co-sleeping, moses and now in the cot (all 0-6 months sizes)
x

thanks
my lo is also in a vest & pjs (with socks too) and then the sleeping bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back