Slim ladies, has anyone put on a lot of weight but doesnt look like they have?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hey ladies

This seems like a random question, but has anyone who was slim pre-pregnancy put on a lot of weight during pregnancy but dont look like they have?

Im 6 months pregnant and everyones telling me my bump is small and that I havent put on weight anywhere, and i dont look like I have. My boobs have got bigger and my bump has obvioulsy grown but i dont look like ive put on weight anywhere else.

However the scales say different and i've actually put on around 22 pounds!

I was a UK size 8 and weighed 8 stone (112 pounds) before i got pregnant - now at 6 months pregnant I weigh 9 stone 8 (134 pounds)! so thats a 22 pounds gain by 6 months!!!!

This seems like ALOT to me compared to everyone else on here yet I dont look like i've put this much weight on.....

Should I be worried & has anyone else experience this?

Heres a couple of pics of me at 6 months x

Attachments

• 6 months bump 2.jpg
    6 months bump 2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 6 months bump 1.jpg
    6 months bump 1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN1954 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN1954 (Medium).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 52
ur all bump, wodnt worry about the scales, i didnt even weigh myself the last time i was pregnant and was bk in my pre preg jeans 4 weeks after givin birth, u look amazing and i agree with all thats told u it dont look liek u put on weight, its obv all went to ur bump and boobs lol xxxx

I've gained over 25lbs so far and its mostly gone on my bump. My bum, thighs and boobs are bigger, but only I notice this, really no one else thinks the rest of me is big, just my bump!

Like you I was naturally slim size 8-10 when I got pregnant. I just wonder how much more I am going to put on.....!! :dohh:

Ahhhhh thanks ladies! i wasnt too worried until I started reading some posts of here and hearing other people had put on half what I have by 24 weeks lol! i started to panic!

I just hope i can lose it all after my lil man's here ! i cant wait to get back to the gym lol!

Also a little scared to see what my total weight gain will be by the end of the pregnancy if I carry on the way I am now - but hey ho what can you do ha xxx

I'm kind of the same as you, I'm 5'6 and was 8st 8, a size 6/8 before. I've put on over a stone now. I was stressing about it, but now I'm forcing myself to stay away from scales as they're not helpful. And also to stop reading threads about weight gain/lack of (obviously not doing well at that haha) as it's futile to compare yourself to everyone else when we all started out different shapes and sizes and are all bound to end up different as well.

It's easy to say, but it's harder to convince my head that that's true.

But anyway, like you, I've kind of absorbed the weight god knows where. I'm still skinny on top - my arms and shoulders are toned and you can see my ribs. My boobs are ridiculously big now, so I'm sure that accounts for a couple of pounds. Then my thighs and bump have grown. And then there's the weight of the baby and everything that goes with it, of course! So I reckon all in all, actual body fat gain isn't that bad (yet).

Yep its definately easier said than done (staying away from weight gain threads) but im going to stop weighing myself now I think lol!

Ive kinda thought that as long as I dont look big all over, like ive gained 20 plus lbs then im kind of ok.... im going to keep telling myself that anyway lol

My boobs have gone from a 32c to a 34dd! so they are a good few pounds im sure, and ive also gained a bit on my thighs and bum although this is only really noticable to me

Its just all new to me as its my first baby but the midwife hasnt seemed concerned so i guess its ok :) x

I wouldnt worry hun, i put on 3 stone with my first altho to look at me 2 weeks before having him you wouldnt have noticed at all (just looked really chubby after haha was in no rush to lose my weight!) as long as you feel good and confident i wouldnt worry!

Sayin that tho im freakin out coz ive put on about 11/12 lbs so far :( lol and someone at work actually told me 'Can see you're starting to put on weight now, your legs, bum and face are really starting to fill out' ..... nice!
Least you still look stunning :)

I'm the same as you, Trudie!

I weigh 156lbs now and I am 5'7. I weighed 139 pre-preg. Scary thing is I LOST weight in the beginning, then gained a whopping 14 lbs in 7 weeks!! Yikes! I'm still I'm the normal range for my stage in pregnancy, but I have never seen those numbers on the scale before and it's kind of freaky, lol.

Thanks girls :)

Ashlee B 11/12 pounds at 25 weeks is good hun! i wudnt be panicking!

id put on about 11lbs by 12 weeks LOL - i dont know how?!

nikkchikk you look fab hun! im glad to hear that someone else has put on this kind of weight too! you really dont look like you've put on any apart from bump in that pic! x

nikkchikk you look fab hun! im glad to hear that someone else has put on this kind of weight too! you really dont look like you've put on any apart from bump in that pic! x

Thanks! I don't tink I look like I'm almost 160lbs either :) maybe I have a very dene baby, lol. I haven't gained weight anywhere else except my boobs and belly. Fingers crossed that the pattern continues, for both of us!

I've put on 34 pounds already, I was a size 8, 6ft tall, 150lbs prepregnancy and now I'm 184! No one believes me, cause my bump isn't that big, I fit in all my cloths (other than maternity pants which are still my old size just maternity) I did start back at the gym after that, but of course at this point my real weight gain is supposed to begin! LOL Lovely!

I've put on 34 pounds already, I was a size 8, 6ft tall, 150lbs prepregnancy and now I'm 184! No one believes me, cause my bump isn't that big, I fit in all my cloths (other than maternity pants which are still my old size just maternity) I did start back at the gym after that, but of course at this point my real weight gain is supposed to begin! LOL Lovely!

Thats what im worried about, that this is the stage i shud be gaining like a pound a week or something like that! omggggg, i keep thinking ive got 3 months to go still !lol x

https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html

On a Trimester Basis:

First trimester: 1 pound per month ~ (about 4lb) in the first three months.
Second trimester: 1 pound per week for the next three months ~ (12 - 14lb) in total.
Third trimester: around 1 pound per week ~ (12lb) over the last three months.

But remember, these are average figures for large numbers of women so just because your weight gain pattern is different, it doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Focus should not be so much on how much weight you are gaining
in pregnancy; but how well you are eating in pregnancy!

It is recommended that women should aim for a weight gain related to their pre-pregnancy BMI:
If BMI was above 26, you should aim for a weight gain of between 15 and 25lb (7 and 11.5kg).
If BMI was between 20 and 26, you should aim for a weight gain of 25 to 35lb (11.5 to 16kg).
If BMI was less than 20, you should aim for a weight gain of 28 to 40lb (12.5 to 18kg).

I've had the opposite problem. My belly looks like I've gained AT LEAST 5-10 pounds but I have t gained a single one! I guess I should eat more food?

I am right there with you!! I was a US size 4-6 or S on top and a 6 or M on the bottom pre-pregnancy. I also somehow gained 11 lbs in the first trimester which was pretty alarming. I am now up about 18 lbs and still have a ways to go.

Everyone keeps telling me that I look great and my response is "Really, because I have put on a ton on weight!" So trying not to worry about it too much.

I am around the same to!
I weighed about 8'2 and at 24 weeks I weigh 9 stone. I was freaked out by that but it just looks like its all in the bump.
I just think it's good for the baby and we are bound to end up havingto work hard to shift away some of those cake pounds when baba is born!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->