Slimming world advice please :)

That is ok Topsy better than putting on! I have stuffed my face this week with cake and chocolate and I am not stepping on those scales :(

^^ Haha when weigh in hunny? I weigh in on fri. Xxx

I haven't been to group in months as I had no time but I usually weigh in on Monday. I put on 2 lbs :( But that is on top of the 4lbs I am above my target range. So I am really sticking to it this week cause I don't want to go down that slippery slope any further!

Hi ladies, I hope you don’t mind me jumping in!

I started SW on Tuesday 10th April. How do you all find it?

Welcome ribb! When I started I loved it! It was so easy to follow and didn't deprive me of food like other diets did. I lost 4 stone and if I could still find the time to go to group I am sure I would have maintained my target. I am too busy but hopefully once we have finished restoring our house and have moved and settled in I will certainly go back. I am about 2lbs out of my target range so not toooo bad but still.
Good luck to you and I hope you love your group as much as I do mine :)

Ribb I am loving it-( been off plan tonight but 1 meal off plan in Week I don't beat myself up anymore life gets in the way. ) My losses are slow 1-1 1/2lbs a week but I have almost lost 3 Stone through slimming world. I have to loose over 10 stone so slow and steady is fine.

My group is lovely I've made some fab friends there.

I love diet coke chicken and egg fried rice. My son loves roasts so it fits in with family life.

Good luck let us know how your first week is going?

I lost 1 1/2 lbs this week.

Xxxxc

Ladies thank you very much for the warm welcome.

I went to my first group on Tuesday, my consultant is lovely. I havent got a target weight as I’m currently pregnant, but having already put on 2 stone at 24 weeks, I’m hoping now I’m following SW my gains will be no more than 1lb per week. Once I’ve had the baby I can then set a target weight, baring in mind I hope to be breastfeeding. Being pregnant, the only difference to my plan is 2 HeAs and 2 HeBs per day instead of one of each.

I was doing so well, even choosing a salad when taking my son to McDonald’s, but come Friday evening and all I wanted was my usual Friday night treat of a takeaway... I couldn’t resist! I’m pretty sure I had over 100 syns in one meal... Do you ladies have a cheat meal each week? How does one bad meal a week effect your weight loss?

It sounds like you’ve both had amazing losses so far, well done!

Topsy I made the Diet Cola Chicken, I loved it! My boyfriend and son weren’t quite as convinced though.

You could save your syns and have them on the weekend but I must admit I find that rather hard to do :(. I do think that cheating a little once in a while will be ok but I am afraid not to the tune of 100syns which is after all almost the weekly allowance - unless you had no syns all week. Could you find a fake-away recipe that would satisfy your usual Friday treat craving?

Thanks Angel, I needed someone to set me straight! I’m so annoyed with myself. I guess I’ll know the damage I’ve done on Tuesday...

For me my Friday night takeaway is more about having the night off from cooking rather than the taste of the food. Although the fakeaway dishes all look incredible, it’s the thought of not getting a night off from standing in the kitchen that I don’t like.

Oh I totally get that as I hate cooking lol. My OH does all the cooking and luckily doesn't mind doing them the SW way. Maybe find some take away dishes you would like that have less syns then and save up for them? What kind of take away do you usually go for? I am sure there are options that would be less syn heavy.

Angel I love all takeaways! Pizza, Chinese, Indian, even a great big dirty kebab! I’ve not had a great first week. Weekdays are easy, but weekends I just fall apart! Hopefully my consultant will put me right on Tuesday!

Don't beat yourself up, it takes a while to get your head around the lifestyle change. Main thing is that you are willing and are trying. Good luck for Tuesday :)

Morrisions do some chinise tubs that are 6 syns ish if you are on fb go to syns allowed hun they do fab meals put together with supermarket food.

If I want take away i have chicken dansak ( 8 ish syn) and just cook my own 2 min bag mushroom rice ( 3 .5 syns) ALSO I LOVE sw egg fried rice. On Thurs I male chilli cook 2 nags of rice-let 2 cool put in fridge. On fri spray saucepan with fry light add onion ( i cheat aldi ready chopped frozen onion) cook add peppers mushroom ( i buy sainsbury prepared pepper-not frozen-to soggy) add frozen mix veg. Spray with fry light-10 spray at a time a few times. Make a whole sprawling with fry light add 3 mixed eggs fry for 3 mins until cooked throw in soya sauce and you have egg fried rice. I've also made this and blitz in microwave fri BUT ( i am not sure my basic food hygiene course was about 7 years ago) please don't reheat rice more than once. I think it can make you ill.

Morrisions do frozen bags of rice-which are a few syns.

Ww wraps are a Heb I make pizza tom pure any veg your Hea cheese ( low fat motzerella) also nando is about 6 -8 syn ( depending on sauce) for butterfly chicken breast regular spicy rice and corn on cob-so could you make your fri night take away sat lunch time-sometimes easier to eat out rather than in eve with little people. Xxxx

Thesee hunny. I love sw...I hope this don't come across as stalker ish....but hun if you wanted to PM me and add me on messanger I've got loads off screen shots I can send you of diffrent food syns-I just don't want to clog up this thread. But understand if you don't hunny. I just LOVE sw if the people at my group hadn't of helped me I would still be at 25 stone ( probably more if I hadn't gone) i imagen with being pregnant and a little one your time is limited. Or if you don't if you have fb go to syns allowed hunny . But offer here IF I can help <3<3<3 xxxx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-20-02-06-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-20-02-06-43.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2018-03-20-23-37-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-20-23-37-25.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2018-03-20-01-49-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-20-01-49-25.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2018-03-20-01-49-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-20-01-49-17.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 4
Angels given fab advice too. Good luck for tomorrow hunny xxx

Ladies, ladies, ladies!!!!!!!!

I don’t know how but I lost 1.5lbs! I’m so chuffed :)

I stayed after weigh in for Body IMAGE. When it came to my turn, everyone applauded me! It felt so good but I didn’t feel like I really deserved it after such an off plan weekend.

I explained I’d had takeaways but made healthy choices the rest of the time. I also explained I was concerned about losing so “easily” and that I didn’t want to be thrown out of group for losing too much weight whilst pregnant (there’s a policy in the small print). The NHS recommends a 1lb gain at this stage in pregnancy, but my consultant assured me it’s fat I’m losing and that she will work along side my midwife if needs be.

I’ve handed in my food diary, and my consultant is going to let me know her thoughts on what I’ve been eating tomorrow via text message, rather than waiting to let me know next week. She’s fantastic.

Topsy your advice and info is invaluable! Thank you so much for taking the time. I’ve taken screenshots of your screenshots! Unfortunately I don’t have FB, I have Instagram though... I’ll PM you.

How are you both getting on this week? X

Yay hunny WELL done my lovely. That's fab lovely. You done so so well ;)

I had tesco sushi ( 4.5syns-less than a sandwich) for lunch and fruit for breakfast. I've got a fiber one bar for this afternoon-i am cleaning-already hit 5000 steps :) so far today.

Xxxx

Well done ribb! No wonder you are chuffed! Your consultant sounds fab! Having her work with your midwife if need be is so great and so reassuring. A good group and good image therapy session is essential. I always think people who leave after weigh in miss out so much. We always have a good laugh too and I usually come away so motivated :)
I have been doing ok last week and had a loss of a 1lbs but still no time to go to group.
Tonight we are having SW diet coke chicken which is SO SO yummy! I cannot recommend it enough.
Have a good week ribb and topsy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->