~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~

im doing sw i bought the books of ebay so easy to follow and with the help of everyone on bnb il be great :) me n my oh are doing together this is day 3 how is everyone doing?

Oh thats a good idea! Were the books expensive?

Hello ladies,

Can I join please? I've been doing it since june last year, lost 2.5st then put 5lb on and started a fresh for the new year.

I'm currently 12st 3.5lb as of Tuesday and my target is 10st 10.5 hoping to get there by 15th march. When I first started I did 2st 2lb in 9 weeks so I know it can be done.

Yesterday I had

Weetabix (HEB) and milk (HEA) for breakfast

Jacket potato, beans and cheese (28g 4 syns) for lunch

Syn free chicken korma and rice for tea

I also had during the course of the day 4 clementines, 2 bananas and a apple also 8 syns on 2 special k choc chip bars.

If any one has any questions fire away, I'm also following extra easy.

Also my weigh in days vary between Tuesday and Thursday dependent on Which class I can get to.

I have to say this diet is fab and there is so many lovely foods you can have and make too :)

Today's menu

Breakfast 2 weetabix (heb) and milk (hea)

Lunch jacket potato, cheese and beans (4syns)

Tea Moroccan chicken, butternut squash, peppers, onion, garlic, Cous cous and syn free chips :)

Then my usual snacks of fruit and 1 special k bar (4 syns)

Blah - you might find it cheaper to join a class for one week to get the books than to buy them on eBay! Depends if you can easily get to a group. If you join before end of Jan it's £5 joining fee and £4.95 per week, so you pay £9.95 your first week and get the books. You can also buy other recipe books there and the food directory, which can be quite expensive on eBay. I think the food directory is £7-8 and recipe books about £4 from the groups.
Have a look and see which way is cheaper :flower:

Hi Girls :wave:

My menu today:
Breakfast: Fresh fruit and natural yoghurt
Lunch : Cheese and Ham toastie and salad
Tea: Steak and jacket potato, asparagus, brocolli and carrots

Im following the 7 day menu thing at the moment so it doesnt say what my syns etc are but I'm guessing, the cheese is a syn?
My HEA for today is 250ml ss milk in coffee throughout the day.
My HEB will be the 2 slices of wholemeal bread.

Another quick tip - don't use it all the time, but helpful for if you're stuck without anywhere to check syns...

1 syn = 20 calories roughly

So a chocolate bar with 160 calories will be 8 syns.

I think it's slightly different if the food has 'free' foods making up a good part of it though.

Jac - yeah you'd have to syn the cheese if you're using your HEA for milk.

And don't forget - you get extra HEAs (maybe Bs too?) if you're BF. I can't remember exactly how many though. I know it's more when LO is exclusively BF, then lowers to 1 extra when LO is having solids.

I usually do green days because I'm not a huge fan of meat.

Breakfast - weetabix and milk (A & B)
Lunch - beans on toast with sprinkle cheese and margarine (B, Marg - 3 syns, cheese - 3 syns)
Dinner - chicken & mushroom pasta (not SW friendly :blush: but it needs to be eaten. Will use the rest of my syns for this)

I'll have to do a bodged version of SW until I've eaten the rubbish food in the house and go shopping again. Can't afford to just throw it out.

blah i bought the pdf version off ebay £1 matched it up to my mums stuff as she goes class its exactly the same ive printed it all off and put in folders, its great got loads and loads of reciepes too and it explains everything too hope this helps xx

Can I join in here pls? I started SW last Sunday and lost 5lbs already. I love SW as I do like to eat A LOT!! I started out at 13st8 and am now 13st3, want to get down to 11st5 and about a size 12-14. Once I get to that then I'll decide if I wanna go any slimmer lol. I think it's brill :)

Right, when I get home I'll add our weights to the front page! :)

I'm dying to get on the scales you know! pointless as Ive only been on it 2 days, I'm obsessed!:dohh:

Do it!! You've probably lost. I weighed after 3 days and I'd lost 5lbs :) I've just eaten s huge batch of syn free crisps :p I love this diet :lol:

blah i bought the pdf version off ebay £1 matched it up to my mums stuff as she goes class its exactly the same ive printed it all off and put in folders, its great got loads and loads of reciepes too and it explains everything too hope this helps xx

Have you got a link? Sounds really good :D

That's what I done as well blah :) type in slimming world starter pack and they come up from there xx

Oh found it :D Guess I'll be joining you next week, hooray :D

can I join the thread? I dont need to lose tons of weight but I need to stay healthy and I love SW recipes and I love junk food so the latter isNOT good. x

Ive just come back from Zumba class! It was ace! Loved it:thumbup:

Had my yummy tea when I got in too....steak, jacket and tonnes of veg, I LOVE this diet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->