Slimming world whilst pregnant?

KimmyLou

Reaction score
Hi,
I was after a little bit of advice. I'm 6 weeks pregnant today and already seem to be putting a lot of weight on. I was overweight before finding out I was pregnant. Whether it's just bloat or fat, I'm not sure.
Anyway, I was thinking of joining slimming world to control my eating/diet better rather than losing weight.
Has anyone joined slimming world or know anything about slimming world please?
Thanks x

Hi!

I don't know much about Slimming World itself, but my friend did join it when she was 13 weeks pregnant as she was 3 stone overweight and she had put on 8lbs since falling pregnant already. They helped her with her diet and she only put another stone by the time she was full term. She was healthier for it, and the baby was a healthy 8lbs so it caused the baby no harm either. She recommends it to anyone who's overweight and pregnant. Hope that helps :)

Ive been attending Slimming World since before I got pregnant and am now a target member after losing 2 stone 5 lbs. I find the plan really healthy and an planning to stick to it.

I let my consultant know I was pregnant recently and she's been really supportive. I have a form that I need to get the midwife to sign at each appointment. You get a bigger allowance of healthy extras (calcium and fibre) for being pregnant too.

Let me know if you've any questions x

Thank you both. I will probably pop along to my local group for a little advice. I've not yet booked in with the midwife so will have to explain that.
Well done sazzyj15 for reaching your target!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->