Slow labour or false labour?

bundles

Reaction score
Hello, Im 39w + 2d and believe I experienced false labour yesterday.
I felt off all day, felt slighty sick, light headed and had an upset stomach. Then at 3.45pm I started to have contractions that kept coming every 30 mins, then 20 mins, then 15 mins then they started getting closer to 10 mins and by this point they were quite painful, but as it was about 10.30pm, I went to bed and managed to get some sleep. I woke about 4am with really bad back a few more contractions and managed to fall asleep again until 8am, but when i woke this time I had nothing more than a sore tummy and slight backahce, however I do feel exhausted from all of this, even though I did sleep well
I wondered if this could be the start of slow labour or false labour and if anyone has experienced this and what I should do about it? Should I get checked out or wait for it to happen again?
Thanks, i appreciate any advice x

maybe its the start of things, i would just get as much rest as you can sometimes our bodys are cruel and like to tease us lol.

good luck when the time comes xx

I am in the same boat and very confused. I thought for sure I would be going to the hospital in the middle of the night or this morning. I am still having contractions but they are nit as strong and farther apart again.

maybe its the start of things, i would just get as much rest as you can sometimes our bodys are cruel and like to tease us lol.

good luck when the time comes xx

Thank you :) Still no sign of little one

I am in the same boat and very confused. I thought for sure I would be going to the hospital in the middle of the night or this morning. I am still having contractions but they are nit as strong and farther apart again.

I went to bed that night prepared to be woken by strong contractions and going into hospital, so i was also very confused to have woken up to nothing happening. On the plus side at least im getting a rest from the contractions :) I just know i'll have to go through them all over again, but if it gets me closer to meeting our little boy, its all worth it. Good Luck and I hope your not suffering for much longer x

Thanks! I am sure I will be suffering for a while. I hope you are feeling better, or your baby comes soon!!

I had this on and off the few days before labour kicked in properly. Was told it was slow labour, most annoying at the time lol!

I've been having something similar. Was up all night the night before last with frequent painful contractions (all in my lower abdomen and lower back). Was just about thinking I should go to the hospital, but OH convinced me to wait (as they weren't getting stronger, longer, or closer together) and by about 5am they started to get less frequent and I got some sleep. Almost nothing all day yesterday, then more contractions all night (every 20 min or so) but at least I dozed between them. And now nothing again. It's very frustrating!

I have a dr appt tomorrow morning, hopefully I can get some idea how much longer this will stretch out - getting pretty worn out. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->