• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

slow rising hcg but encouraging ultrasound - help!

purplite

Reaction score
Need some advice

When I got my BFP, my first 2 betas doubled exactly in 48 hours (from 49 to 98). But then in the next 2 weeks I had slow rising HCG, doubling only every 90 hours or so. At my 6w4d appointment though we saw a baby measuring 7.5mm with a hb of 114bpm. My doc took blood again per my request (he didn't think it was necessary per the ultrasound but I asked him too anyway -- but to not tell me the result lest I freak out more).

Anyway, I went back a week later (this past Friday) and baby measured 14mm with a hb of 153bpm at 7w5d. For the past 10 days I’ve been extremely nauseous (no throwing up) all day every day and my boobs are sore. However, in the past 2 days the nausea totally disappeared. Boobs still hurt. I’m freaked out because of the slow rising hcgs and morning sickness disappearing despire the positive ultrasounds. My doc isn’t worried but I am very worried from all the negative things I’ve read about slow rising hcg. I’ve had no spotting or cramping the entire time nor have I ever miscarried before (this will be my second child). Thoughts/advice please!!

HCG doubling every 48 hours is a genralization. Every pregnancy is different! Once you see the heartbeat the chance of losing the baby drops DRAMATICALLY. I think you're probably fine! Try not to stress! :)

Symptoms come and go! Your breasts are still sore so it's not as though all your symptoms have disappeared. Sounds to me like everything is going great. You're pregnant. Enjoy it!

I agree, the fantastic scans mean WAY more than the hcg numbers and the symptoms coming and going! It's perfectly normal for symptoms to disappear then reappear, or simply to vanish altogether. You're beyond the point where doctors will take notice of the hcg numbers as you have a healthy and viable pregnancy with a great hb!

Forget the hcg, that no longer applies, and enjoy your pregnancy :hugs: xxxxxxxxx

Need some advice

When I got my BFP, my first 2 betas doubled exactly in 48 hours (from 49 to 98). But then in the next 2 weeks I had slow rising HCG, doubling only every 90 hours or so. At my 6w4d appointment though we saw a baby measuring 7.5mm with a hb of 114bpm. My doc took blood again per my request (he didn't think it was necessary per the ultrasound but I asked him too anyway -- but to not tell me the result lest I freak out more).

Anyway, I went back a week later (this past Friday) and baby measured 14mm with a hb of 153bpm at 7w5d. For the past 10 days I’ve been extremely nauseous (no throwing up) all day every day and my boobs are sore. However, in the past 2 days the nausea totally disappeared. Boobs still hurt. I’m freaked out because of the slow rising hcgs and morning sickness disappearing despire the positive ultrasounds. My doc isn’t worried but I am very worried from all the negative things I’ve read about slow rising hcg. I’ve had no spotting or cramping the entire time nor have I ever miscarried before (this will be my second child). Thoughts/advice please!!
I am going through the exact same thing! My levels got extremely slow and my doctor was basically convinced it wouldn't continue until yesterday when he did a scan and everything is on target now, heartbeat size and everything. He said now that they have recorded the heartbeat my chance of miscarriage is now less than 5% chance. Some days I'm really sick some days there is nothing. You may just have spikes some days in your hcg while other days it's a moderate climb. If your doctor isn't worried I wouldn't be.

Thank you! Are you still on bedrest? Was it due to hcg?

Thank you! Are you still on bedrest? Was it due to hcg?

I'm on moderate bedrest but it is more so because I have a SCH even though I haven't bled anymore it's still there. You can see it to the right of my sac. I had regular labs down yesterday but idk if he bothered doing the hcg levels again as the ultra sound assured him.

At this point I wouldn't worry too much about hcg levels. Having a normal growth and strong heart rate are very good signs!! And the doubling time in the beginning is usually 48-72 hours, but after a certain level (1200 I think) the doubling time increases to 72-96 hours, so it's totally normal to slow down, yet many nurses or doctors seem to ignore this important part:dohh:

As far as morning sickness don't read too much into it. Never had MS with DD and this current pregnancy. And my levels were ridiculously high, like 29 000 at 4w5 days so no correlation between hcg levels and morning sickness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->