Slow rising levels and empty sac

mummactr

Reaction score
This has been the month from hell... I'll explain from the beginning, it's confusing.

Feb 8: IUD removal
Feb 10-12: Bleeding
Night of Feb 12: Sex (condom broke)
Feb 21: Brief light brown spotting and positive urine test
March 7: HCG at 776
March 9: HCG at 1734
March 15: Ultrasound scan - found empty sac measuring about 5.5 weeks
March 16: HCG at 5339

So my levels were doubling between March 7-9. The newest HCG result show that they are no longer doubling. The ultrasound showed an empty gestational sac measuring about 5 and a half weeks and showed no yolk sac or fetal pole. I go back in two weeks for a repeat ultrasound to see if anything has grown in the sac. I'm extremely worried about a blighted ovum.. This has all happened so fast and has been so unexpected, I feel like it's just been bad news after bad news. Does anybody have any positive stories after having a situation such as this? I've done the research and know the odds, I just need to hear some personal experiences.

TIA

I am sorry to hear this and while I dont have a positive story I would just like to send a hug, and a prayer your way!

I'm sorry to hear this, I don't really have any positive story either, but I completely understand what you're going through, I had an ultrasound on the 14th and they were only able to see a gestational empty sac that measures 5.2, and my hcg levels were 4024, I'm just hoping that maybe it was to early and it's taking time for my little bean to show.

I go back this coming Monday for another untrasound I will be 6.2 so hopefully I'm able to see more. Maybe on your next ultrasound you're able to see and hear your little peanut, fingers crossed I'll keep you on my thoughts everything will turned out great :thumbup: best of luck.

Good luck, I went for an early reassurance scan at a private clinic, the woman told me I was having an ectopic and had internal bleeding and rushed me to a&e.

As it was the weekend they had no1 to scan me so I discharged myself (even though they told me they wanted to give me a shot and take me to theatre!)

Went back on the Monday and an empty sac in my womb, went on the Tuesday and there was the fetal pole and start of the baby!

Turns out the 'ectopic' was where the egg had been released and he's now 2 1/2 years old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->