Small Soft Spot

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Avasaurus91, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Avasaurus91

Avasaurus91 Well-Known Member

I visited my GP today with DD for her 8 week check up and vaccinations she is 9w1d and we have just been refered back to paediatrician because her soft spot is very small, does anyone have experience with this? Is it something to be concerned with? DD is hitting all milestones well the only main issue we’ve had is a CMPA

2. Babybump87

Babybump87 Mummy to my three musketeers

I know if their soft spot closes over too soon it can become an issue with the way their skull grows and forms . It’s called craniosynostosis .

Your GP should have really explained why she was referring you and if she thought it was that .

Hope your get your appointment soon! Try not to worry too much xx

3. Avasaurus91

Avasaurus91 Well-Known Member

Thank you id imagine if it was the dr that’s experienced with babies she would’ve explained it better.
    We have an appointment due in February for a check up as DD has CMPA and was prescribed neocate and she had a problem with her belly button D: she’s not had much luck so far compared to her big sister. I will post how she gets on though xx

4. Babybump87

Babybump87 Mummy to my three musketeers

Aww bless !! Both my DD2 and DS had/have CMPA . So I know how hard that can be ! Thankfully DD2 outgrew hers at 3 1/2 years old . DS seems a lot more sensitive to diary than DD2 was but still hoping he will outgrow it by 5 too !
    Good luck for your appointment ! xxx