Small weddings.

mizzk - where are you geting your horse and cart from if you dont mind me asking? were getting married in darlington but i dont live there atm so its difficult finding a good company from there?

i only have 40 people in my package so im trying to keep my guest list at about 65, hoping that when people cant come itll end up at around 40, if not we pay £50 extra pp

ive invited random people aswell but we dont know many people so we couldnt have had a massive wedding without inviting strangers :haha:

Well we just booked a wedding package and the horse and cart was just one of the options to choose from, so it like came altogether, im not sure what company they use though sorry but this is the website we booked it from...
https://www.gretnaweddings.co.uk/packages/complete.html
:flower:

ah youre having it in gretna :dohh: too far away, i did get a quote for one in darlington but it was £800!!!! *faints*

x

Wow 800quid! Id have deffo fainted at that lmao!! Hope you find what you want tho and at a decent price, if i come across any i'll let you know! Do you want it for around darlington area? x

yeh, ive just checked email and it was 600 but even still!!! they cant be serious? just saw yours was £45!!! they have definitely saw it was for a wedding and just added another zero :growlmad:

Most probably, its stoopid some of the prices for wedding items!

We were married in 2009, and had originally invited 150 people (75 from each side). Final attendance count was about 80 people for the ceremony, and about 40 for the dinner/reception.

We had hoped for more, but there was a lot of upset around our wedding (my parents wanted nothing to do with it, and were not happy with my choices in life :wacko: lol)

In the end, we are very happy with the turnout that we had, and wouldn't change it for anything. With a smaller group of people there, we found it was easier for us to spend time with each person/couple, and I think for us that was important. We were able to thank everyone individually for attending instead of a general thank you. A lot of people participated in the dancing and they all had a blast!

We are going away to get wed.a few we know live there and a few will follow us down there.In total we have 45.14 are children.They will be with us through the whole day and have 5 more coming in the evening.We are having a low key buffet and a band.

we will be having a party for 60 when we come home so everyone has a share of our day.

None of his family are coming though well apart from one brother.they are not welcome but if we did invite we would be adding another 60 to the list!

we are only having 50 at ours!

We are having 30 in the day and then a further 70 at night.

I couldn't be bothered with a big fancy do even if I did have lots of money I'd just spend it on more choice for my guests and my dress, decorations n stuff bt I wouldn't change anything else.

We only ended up with about 60 people at our wedding which was a little less than we planned for, but it was at 2 in the afternoon. The only food we had was cake and some other little dessert items, and we had some punch, coffee, etc. No alcohol, no meal, no dancing, no DJ. We did not have very much money but it turned out wonderful. It was more meaningful because the people who were there were the ones that meant the most to us. No one minded not having a huge, lavish wedding. It was beautiful and intimate. Good luck with yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->