Smear Test..

x_Rainbow_x

Reaction score
i worry about everything and anything.. i had a smear test at 19 because the nurse advised me to have one after my m/c.. it came back normal which is what i expected.. well im not due one untill next jan but iv had 3 m/cs since then. should i have gone back for another smear? i worry load about these things soooo much.. my sister had cancerous cells few years back and i worry.. i no its ment to be every 3-5 years and i havent reached 3 years yet..

i was told last time i was to young for a smear even tho i had one...

should i get one or just wait??

as far as i am aware if you are sexually active then you're not too young to get a smear....

Why don't you talk to your doctor about your concerns with your sister etc, and he/she can advise you on how often to get a smear, and if you need one again before the 3-5 years.

my dr is a pain in the butt he never see's u just tlks 2 u on the phone if he feels fit 2!!

well im moving ina few weeks so no point getting it done here as im moving but as soon as i register i think ill ask for one.. just to be sure :) for peace of mind i guess.. o btw my sister is only my half sister i dunno if that makes a diffrence tho..

If you are worried about it Tracie i would ask for one when you move home and register with a new doc.I had to have pre cancerous cells removed 5 yrs ago and i understand why you would be worried,i found out that my grandma (my dads mum)died from cervical cancer.Surely they cannot refuse you if there is a family history xxxx You can never be too careful where those little buggers of c cells are concerned in my opinion!!!! x:hugs:

tbh im not worried im 21 and my last smear 2 years ago was perfect.. i just didnt no if i needed one after my last m/c... otherwise im due one next year..

Hi hunni, my sister had pre-cancerous cells as well and because of that I am suppose to have a smear every year (18 months max). So I think once you move you should get one just for peace of mind more then anything. xx

It used to be you had them from the age of 20 so I went along, had one and duly went back 3 years later. Sat on the bed, half naked and the nurse lookes at my notes and asks why I am am here...erm shouldn't she know that by this stage. So she says that the age was changed to 25 and I was only 23. I explained I had one at 20 and I wanted to stick to 3 yearly as originally advised and not wait 5 years for one. So, she huffed and puffed and did one. I was then due in October just gone and did I get my letter, did I buggery. Called up and apparently I dont need one now until I am 28!

Yeah, right! Changed doctors and am now just waiting for my new patient check and will make one next week.

It is ridiculous, you do as asked and then get tutted at for doing it.

If you want one doing hun then just call your practise nurse and speak to her :hugs:

xxx

we're supposed to get them every year here..
and if there's anything even remotely off (my last one was because of a yeast infection) then they expect you to come in another 6 months usually...

i've always been told once you're sexually active - yearly paps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->