Smells before BFP??

wannabemomy37

~ Waiting ~
Reaction score
I am now 8dpo and suddenly experiencing increased sense of smell. I am actually smelling dirt however I have been indoors all day. I'm sure nobody else would be able to smell this and I kindof think I'm going crazy lol but I am not making this up.

Anybody else have this before BFP????

That was the only symptom I had before my bfp. The stronger smells.

I had it a couple times too at around 8 dpo. Everything smelled like donuts to me and I could smell a grapefruit from across the room. THat was the only day it happened though. Hope this is it for you!

Not this time but with my last pregnancy I took a test because my husband came in with what looked like a glass of pepsi but I could smell the vodka in it from across the room. Sneaky wee man!

That was the only symptom I had before my BFP :)

I am now 8dpo and suddenly experiencing increased sense of smell. I am actually smelling dirt however I have been indoors all day. I'm sure nobody else would be able to smell this and I kindof think I'm going crazy lol but I am not making this up.

Anybody else have this before BFP????

Totally had that past pregnancy!! I could already tell I was preggo- then the smells came and it confirmed my suspicion. 6 days later- BFP :) I also felt nausea around time of implantation. No joke!!

Yes! Both pregnancies I got a crazy sense of smell early on. Before I found out this time, the moment I opened the front door I was smelling things like cinnamon from muffins I'd baked days ago that were sitting in the fridge in the kitchen at the back of the house. All sorts of other odd things I normally wouldn't notice smelled so fragrant. I still love walking through the produce section at the grocery store. The smell of the fruit is so awesome.

Last time my dishwasher smelled HORRIBLE!!!! Lol!!!! It was brand new so no explanation but pregnancy.

This time, i went to a public garden around 7dpo and i could smell every flower :)

Good luck to you :)

Me too! I get crazy smell sensitivity during pregnancy!

I don't remember it with DS, but with this one, at about the time my period was due, I was at work, and one my coworkers was putting down carpet freshner so that way our store smelled good after vacuuming. Well as he's putting it down, he's out of the floor and I'm all the way in my office. Somehow, I caught a whiff of it, and it sent me to the bathroom. Still didn't test for 12-15 days lol, even though the fact that I had been feeling sick and smells where setting me should have been a dead giveaway.

wow thanks so much ladies, I sure hope this is it for me!

Yesterday (8dpo) I was smelling dirt from outside when I was inside, and watermelon from outside when it was inside. Also been craving watermelon

Today is still early so not many symptoms just yet but glad to know I have a good chance!! :happydance:

I don't think I had it before BFP but it was definitely my earliest symptom by far. So I'm sure it would be possible! x

My absolute first symptom was the fact that I could smell the garbage cans at work no matter how hard I tried to aim fans to blow the odor away. Before that I'd never smelled the trash there at all. After that other symptoms shortly followed early on. Sore breasts, and insane pickle cravings! lol. Good luck!

Just thought I'd update - AF showed and I'm now on CD7.

Thanks for all the input though girls!!

Hey, I'm glad you updated, because I was wondering today if anyone has ever had an increased sense of smell and then NOT been pregnant. Good to know!

I noticed that my awesome (or not so awesome depending on the scent) sense of smell had kind of disappeared over the months since my littlest guy was born, but just in the last two days I have been smelling things more! It's got me a little anxious. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->