Smep Feb 2019

Daisy2424

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Is anyone planning on trying smep this month (Feb 2019)? I'm on cycle 2 trying for baby #2 and I came across this plan and thought I'd give it a go. Would love to have some thoughts on it or even to hear about others experiences!

Hope this is in the right forum

I’m on my second cycle (cd1 today) and also ttc #2.

I got my bfp with my ds doing smep, soy isoflavones, (vit D3, omega 3, folic acid), and soft cups!

Planning on doing the above again. What cd are you?

Hey! Nice to have some company thanks for the reply.

I'm on cd 8 so just a week ahead of you! Hoping this method works for us both. I'm excited to hear that you use this before and got a BFP from it! Looking at your ticker I can see that our sons are almost the same age. My boy turns 3 in about a month!

Ah that’s great!

Will you be starting smep today cd8? I’m on cd2 today and will prob start smep from cd8. Taking omega 3 and will also have grape fruit juice for increased ewcm. And will use my soft cup after bd to keep everything in. I find it also helps to get dh to put the swimmers in the soft cup and I insert it in if we are too tired or if I’m too sore to dtd.

Hopefully our second babas are close in age too! Lol fingers crossed for success this cycle

Yeah, we started last night. Planning on starting my opks tomorrow (cycle day 10). I've never used opks with the lines so I'm a bit nervous about reading it properly! Don't want to miss my surge. That's so whats to use your soft Cup and especially when you're not feeling like BD! What kind of grape fruit juice do you use?

The soft cup is a lifesaver lol.

I use the cb digital ovulation sticks as I was never able to pick up my surge on the normal tests. It’s so tricky!! But I hear testing once in the early afternoon and once in the early evening may be the trick to getting it right- twice a day so u don’t miss it. Are u temping?

I’m in South Africa so I use the Woolworths brand 100% grapefruit juice (equivalent to Marks & Spencer’s in UK, not sure where about in the world you are) or I get grapefruit and I squeeze the juice fresh myself.

Around which day do you normally ovulate?

I meant to buy the digital ovulation sticks. That's what I used with my son by I accidentally grabbed the line ones and was too lazy to return them! I also ordered some cheap ovulation tests so that I can test twice a day. Fingers crossed!!! I've never tempted. Seems confusing to me haha

I'm in Canada. I'm going to look for some 100% grapefruit juice. Also bought some pressed so will try that.

I'm not sure when I ovulate but I think around cd 16. Do you know when you ovulate?

Ah I’m sure the normal sticks will work just fine :thumbsup:

I normally ovulate around cd14 but my soy cycle made me ovulate on cd12 last month. I’m doing soy again this month so interesting to see when I will ovulate. I track via cp, cm, temps and OPKs. I only have 3 digital tests left so I will prob start on cd10/11 with the OPKs. Will prob dtd every day from cd10 and then twice a day once I catch my surge. Fingers crossed!

Wow, cd 12 is so early! That's awesome not to have to wait the extra days to get to your fertile window. I tried to use my cp to check for ovulation but I just can't quite figure it out.

I did take an opk yesterday and was negative. I don't feel like I'm ovulating yet either (always get increased libido). Didn't DTD yesterday because my son is sick and today isn't looking good either so that'll be a change to the every other day. But hopefully we can manage something today to make up for yesterday. Now I really see the value of that soft Cup!! Hahaha

What CD are you on now? I hope the soy and smep will be your ticket to a BFP!

Ah... it’s def tricky trying to dtd with kids. I hope your lo is feeling better, it’s miserable when they’re ill.

I have always tracked cp but it’s so confusing even I still get it wrong sometimes. It’s such an unpredictable contraption lol.

My first soy cycle when trying for ds I also ovulated cd12 but didn’t conceive. The next soy cycle right after I ovulated cd14 and fell pregnant with ds. I feel that the slighter later ovulation provides a better and mature egg quality. Funny enough I’ve always got my positive opk on cd12 whenever I’ve used OPKs. I will be cd5 tomorrow (16 feb).

Just taking 500ug of folic

Ah yes, makes sense that those extra couple days would give extra time for the egg to develop. It's amazing how many details go into getting pregnant! I was at my ob/gyn the other day and he told me "most pregnancy tests can pick up a pregnancy one week after missed period" and i just laughed. He delivers babies and doesn't know about squinters. Typical man

I've started my ov testing. Still negative but getting a progression on the line. Pretty faint though so think I have a few more days to wait.

How's the soy going?

Ah yes, makes sense that those extra couple days would give extra time for the egg to develop. It's amazing how many details go into getting pregnant! I was at my ob/gyn the other day and he told me "most pregnancy tests can pick up a pregnancy one week after missed period" and i just laughed. He delivers babies and doesn't know about squinters. Typical man

I've started my ov testing. Still negative but getting a progression on the line. Pretty faint though so think I have a few more days to wait.

How's the soy going?

Hahaha! I literally laughed out loud at the second half of your first paragraph! :haha:
It’s so true though I am convinced that more than half of the ladies on here have more expertise on the subject of ttc than most doctors out there. I guess ttc is more of an art and each canvas is different.

Definitely sounds like you’ve started to get close. I’ve just completed my soy for this cycle so now I wait for Tuesday cd8 to dtd and carry on with smep. Will start testing cd10/11 with my ovulation sticks as soon as I get a positive will dtd twice a day.

Are your ov tests any darker today?

Oh definitely. Some of the ladies on here could write a book with all the knowledge they have! I'm just scratching the surface lol

Funny thing happened with my ov test today. I took one around noon and the test was sooooo close to positive. I was really excited! I took another test a few hours later and completely negative. Not even close. I'm so confused now. I'm on cd 13 so maybe my body was getting ready but didn't happen? I don't know but i figure I'll keep on testing.

Yay you're close to the action packed part of the cycle! Won't be long now until you'll be able to set you got a positive o! How long are your cycles normally?

Oh no did you do another test today? What was the result? I really struggle with the manual ov tests so I have no idea... hope it’s gotten darker today!! You should be quite close to O now!

Yep tomorrow we start smep cd8. I’ve started grapefruit juice today so hoping my ewcm shows up by tomorrow lol. I did have a slight bit today so here’s hoping!

My cycles are normally 26/27 days. Last cycle was 25 because I ovulated a bit earlier. Will be interesting to see which day I ovulate on this cycle. I usually get a positive ov test by cd12. I only have 3 digital sticks left so will only start testing cd10 then I’ll wing it on cp,cm and temps to confirm O lol.

How is smep working out for you so far?

Think I got my positive ov. today! It's so hard to read those tests though so if this cycle isn't the one I'll be switching to the digital.

So far smep is going well. We haven't followed it exactly been BD more than suggesyed but II figure that can't hurt :lol:

Awesome that the ewcm is showing up! Only a few more days now for you.

Do you tell your partner about the smep plan or just seduce him when it's time? Lol I haven't told my oh about the specific details.

Ooh yay a positive ov test :happydance:that’s awesome! I think it doesn’t hurt to bd as much as possible for sure.

Oh I tell dh about everything - timings, cycle days, ovulation tests, grapefruit juice lol. He’s onboard :lol: I figure he needs to understand the effort I put into ttc and he is surprisingly much more understanding ttc #2 than he was #1.

Started my grapefruit juice yesterday so hopefully it will work for the ewcm fx.

Have you confirmed O then?

Oh my! I'm sorry, i thought I had replied to this earlier ](*,)

I think i did in fact O. I got another positive the following day and negative today so I'm pretty sure it happened. Got a fair amount of BD in and hopefully one more time tonight as a last chance! Fingers crossed. Now is the hard part!

How has your smep been going? Have you been sticking to the plan?

Yay for O!

Also seems like you are pretty well covered too \\:D/ what dpo are u on now?

We’ve stuck to smep together with the soft cup after bd. I’m on cd11 and OPKs have been far from close to positive so looks like I may ovulate later than last cycle which I’m happy about as I think of it as a better quality egg. Hoping I ovulate around cd14 which is my normal ovulation time. Started getting ewcm yesterday at cd10 so definitely nearing ovulation. Will bd cd12 tomorrow and hopefully get my positive opk soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->