SMEP or not SMEP. That is the question...

NikiJJones

Mummy to a magical boy
Reaction score
Need your opinions on this one ladies:

We've been religiously doing the SMEP since my MC in May (starting with BD on CD10), and no :bfp: forthcoming. The problem is that I usually OV late in my cycle, and month after month DH is just knackered out by the time I get round to OVing and isn't up for BD at all. This is causing the inevitable stress and arguments and tears each month. Thing is, this month on CD10/ 12/ 14/ 16 and even 18 he was Ok and up for it, but I OVed today on CD22!

Do you reckon I should sack off the SMEP next cycle and just wait till I get a High on my CBFM or a +OPK?

were the same...as uknow ive a 30day one mth and 38day the next ...on a 30day cycle is fairley easy to do good bd timing,but like this mth,im still waiting to O and weve bd plenty,but next 38day cycle(hopefully i'll av a bfp by then !) im defo not guna start bd till aroung cd15 ! unless gary really wants to of course!! do u get peaks on ur monitor? did u get a peak2day as u said u O'in 2day? how many tests has it asked u for up2 2day?? good luck nikki x

*EDIT* sry just looked at ur chart and yeh u av ad peaks...ive just had highs for ages and today it didnt even ask me 4 a test!!l even thats got sick of me cycles aswell ! lol

I don't know how many sticks it asked me for. Lost count. I got one high and then 2 peaks this time. OVed 1am on peak day 2. But the first month I didn't get a peak till after OV, so goodness knows!!!!
Long cycles are a PAIN!!!

i know tell me about it, its so confusing and im so so glad i only have a messed up cycle everyother mth lol cudnt deal with every mth !

I would consider waiting till u get a high on ur monitor and try for every other day or every day if you get a peak. My dh and I are both tired after work and bding is the last thing on our mind. SMEP is difficult if ur ovulating late - I don't think I would start at day 8. Good luck.

Well SMEP works on the basis that you prob Ov around CD14/15....so you know you Ov later. Why not just delay the whole plan by say 5 or 6 days and see how it goes?

Call it SMEP plus!!!

Well SMEP works on the basis that you prob Ov around CD14/15....so you know you Ov later. Why not just delay the whole plan by say 5 or 6 days and see how it goes?

Call it SMEP plus!!!
Ahaaahaa this is exacty what we do! I don't o until day 17/18 so we delay the bding til day 10/11 and go every other day until 1/2 days after ov. It's got me 1 bfp in 3 full months of trying.......?
( I still temp, opk, and cm check aswell!!!)
Good luck everyone xxxx

Well my Dear Dear DH has actually just relented and done the business for third day running despite feeling really rough. I reasoned with him that he gets 9 months off if he can get me PG this time. But also think we will be leaving it next month at least until I get a CBFM high. Might experiment and wait for OPK+ or a Peak and then do 3 days in a row. Would be funny if that got us a :bfp: after all this obsessive SMEPing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->