• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SMM tomorrow morning...help!

mitchnorm

Reaction score
I had a private scan last Thursday and confirmatory NHS scan Friday morning and found out my baby's died...no heartbeat, stopped at 9 weeks....so literally died last Wednesday/Thursday. I am booked for a SMM tomorrow under GA.

I asked and they said they do not do another scan to make sure. I am 99.9% sure there's no hope (had 2 external and 3 internal checks with 4 different people confirming).

Has anyone asked for a scan before the procedure and its been done? I feel silly for asking but can shake the need.....

I didn't want to read and run but I am not sure what a SMM procedure is? I know before a D&C they usually always scan. I hope you are well and I am so sorry for your loss.

I didn't want to read and run but I am not sure what a SMM procedure is? I know before a D&C they usually always scan. I hope you are well and I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks mssk....SMM is surgical management of miscarriage so I guess similar to d&c or erpc. They said they don't usually do it and as it's being carried out in the private wing of hospital I wonder if they'd have the facilities to do a scan :-/will ask x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->