Smokers and Non-Smokers

I can totally understand why you are protecting LO, people have thought me mad for not drinking any booze or caffeine. I've had just 1 bar of chocolate per week (to keep me sane!) and had no medicines whatsoever until I hit 3rd tri when it became essential for both mine and the babies wellbeing.

As I see it, why should you have to think "I wish I had done this differently..." or "I shouldn't have done that..." and have loads of regrets? I won't be as protective as you as I don't personally think that it's needed but I think that's one of the joys of being a parent - being able to decide what you think is the most advantageous thing for your child xx

Im sorry but i dont think this second hand smoke thing actually exist, my parents grandparents and everyone else have been smokers around me im now 26 years old and more healthy than alot of others i see.
Im not actually sure of the point of this topic?
I mean i didnt see a specific meaning or question other than saying how certain things are awful. Everyone has opinions and this is just mine you can completely disregard it if you like.
:)

Thanks so much..:hugs: Im very open to listening..No I appreciate your opinion.:) It was suppose to be a topic on helping to keep the babies with weaker immune systems and trying to find out other ways to help but then it kinda went elsewhere:haha:..I want to know how other people let others handle their newborns at first.:winkwink:

I can totally understand why you are protecting LO, people have thought me mad for not drinking any booze or caffeine. I've had just 1 bar of chocolate per week (to keep me sane!) and had no medicines whatsoever until I hit 3rd tri when it became essential for both mine and the babies wellbeing.

As I see it, why should you have to think "I wish I had done this differently..." or "I shouldn't have done that..." and have loads of regrets? I won't be as protective as you as I don't personally think that it's needed but I think that's one of the joys of being a parent - being able to decide what you think is the most advantageous thing for your child xx

Thank you Thank you. Everyone does things differently and its okay. Who are we to judge someone else's way of protecting their baby. Its not like I was neglecting her and keeping her away from germs up to now her toddler years. This was the first 2 months.I need a chocolate bar about now:)can you spare one:hugs:

Oh yh i get it now. Actually in newborns i actually think smoking may harm them. I was never smoked around when i was a small baby, its just in older people where you have developed i dont think it affects you. Because if it did i wouldnt be here.
:)

Secondhand smoke increases the risk of SIDS...that's why I'm kind of extra paranoid about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->