smoking around charlie!? SOO annoyed!!!

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Charlies been at my OH's nans house today [at little bit about my OH's nan : she basicly brought him up, his mum was 15 when she had him she used too beat him he got took off her at 18months his nans had him since then, shes 56, and a nurse so shes not like a little old granny] Any way she smokes like a chimmney everything thats been at her house stinks, she smokes in the kitchen but it drifts in to the livng-room, last time she had him it was fine,whenever iv been there with him shes gone out side to smoke, yet today he comes home and he absolutly STINKS as if hes been puffing away him self!!! i dnt know what to do!? do i say anything to her? i txt me other half and told him but im so annoyed surley a NURSE would smoke around a baby?

Soor its soo long i needed a rant!!

I would Def. say something. Smoking near baby is a big NO NO!!

:grr: i wud def say something, 2nd hand smoke is just as bad if not worse.

good luck.

V x x

U have to say something!! i had this problem when jack was a baby and i did not hessitate to say something! its your baby and your views! surely they can smoke outside or not at all when she has a baby in the house, some people are so thoughtless :( x

oh no god i hate this so bad cant stand people smoking round babies its awful

i would definately say something, it's not good round a baby, maybe try to approach it in a nice way and just say how you feel :hugs:

I have this problem with my mum & step dad, apart from they make no effort to smoke outside or away from Lewis.........it's so difficult to say anything as you don't want to offend them in their own home, so we just don't go round........:cry:

Unless you never want to go round again, you've got to say something. Good luck:hugs:

Speak your mind hun...i definatly would...i even hate it when im with my bubs out and about and someone is fagging it right next to him and they don't move their fag...its so annoying...i used to smoke before i got pregnant and not once did i ever smoke next to a child xx

I have this problem with my mum & step dad, apart from they make no effort to smoke outside or away from Lewis.........it's so difficult to say anything as you don't want to offend them in their own home, so we just don't go round........:cry:

Unless you never want to go round again, you've got to say something. Good luck:hugs:

my problem excactly becaise i feel bad to say something in theor home i just dont go round at all

You have to say something, or get your OH to.....
My OH's mother smokes like a chimney too and I think given half the chance she would smoke around Daisy, she doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with it:trouble:

She went in the huff because OH made her go outside of OUR house and smoke (none of us smoke!) :hissy:

Agreed with the girls!

Completely unexeptable! She should know better! :growlmad:

This is unacceptable - especially as she is a nurse !!:hissy:
Whenever we take Jack to my PIL's , FIL, BIL & DH always smoke outside, even when we take Jack to our friends house they always go outside of their own home to smoke!!!

I smoke when im out of the house and before i take max i make sure to change my clothes , wash my hands and teeth ..

She should not smoke around a baby wtf is wrong with her , a babys ,lungs are so pure

:grr: i wud def say something, 2nd hand smoke is just as bad if not worse.

good luck.

V x x

Second Hand smoke IS worse! With second hand smoke you are basically breathing in all the worst chemicals in the cigs that dont get inhaled by the smoker!
I would say something. I bitch all the time to OH because I've caught his mother smoking around our LO (inside the house period) numerous times. But when he is here, SHE WONT DO IT!! :hissy: :grr: It pisses me off.
She wouldn't quit smoking in the house before and Colton got BRONCHITIS! So we moved out, but she told OH she would quit smoking in the house and talked him into moving back. Now she smokes in the house when he isn't here, even though LO is!!

I'd def say something! My brother smokes, and every time he is around and smokes, he is outside with the doors shut, and washes his hands every time he comes back in.

Not only is second hand smoke bad for babies lungs (as with all of our lungs!) I believe it has also been linked to an increased risk of SIDS. Hes your baby hun, I think she would probably rather have you tell her, than stop bringing LO around. :hugs: Hope you get it sorted, thats a tough situation!

i would say something my mil used to smoke in the car with my dd but i had a go at her and she still did it until they brought the law out no smoking in the cars with kids

Well i mentioned it to my OH and he just kinda said "urgh thats awful" :hissy: he smokes him self but he NEVER smokes around Charlie he goes out side he always washes his hands and he doesnt pick him up straight away, He told me to tell her but like some of you i feel quite awkward i was kinda expecting him to say somthing, i dont think shes stupid enough to smoke around him but i do think he'll have been him the livingroom while she puffed away in the kitchen the fact that his clothes smell obviously means its got in to his little lungs too, how do you say "have you been smoking around my baby" without offending somone!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->