smoking while pregnant.be honest

hi i smoked alot b4 i was pregnant about 20 a day had done for years tryed so many times to give up just couldnt. i found out i was having my first baby gave up a week after i found out and i found it pretty easy i think being pregnant gave me that extra push to do it . gl everyone im sure you can do it:thumbup:

I was a 20+ a day smoker before i fell pregnant and i'll admit i struggle EVERY day! It is NOT easy for everyone. I still had the odd smoke for the first few months but only maybe like 3 a week. i've managed to cut them all out now though.
I just want wish you and anyone else struggling with quitting the best of luck, i really hope you succeed and don't let negative comments get you down
x

I hope you all manage to stop smoking :hugs:

As for those boyfriends that smoke - chuck them into the street.

OH started to go into the kitchen as per mw advice but the smoke just lingered even with the door shut and windows open - i could still smell it in every room.

now OH goes outside, therefore doesnt smoke as much, therfore finds it easier to contimplate quitting and we save money!

By the way - the amount I saved while I was pregnant was ridulcous - I could buy whatever i wanted for LO with no worries.

I hope you all manage to stop smoking :hugs:

As for those boyfriends that smoke - chuck them into the street.

OH started to go into the kitchen as per mw advice but the smoke just lingered even with the door shut and windows open - i could still smell it in every room.

now OH goes outside, therefore doesnt smoke as much, therfore finds it easier to contimplate quitting and we save money!

By the way - the amount I saved while I was pregnant was ridulcous - I could buy whatever i wanted for LO with no worries.
good on u making him go outside hehe. i got my partner to quite with me called it the buddy system he wasnt 2 impressed to start now hes chuffed he gave up with me. shame i cant get him 2 quite the larger aswell hate the smell now im pregnant lol

i need someone to tell me how vile and disgusting i am! I can't and to be honest haven't even tried to quit! All my other pregnancies i have stopped straight away, no problem but this time i have only managed to cut down by half.

I know its awful and i truely hate myself. I know i should quit but for some reason its not happening :hissy: Have a dig at me and shame me into quitting, please!!

i need someone to tell me how vile and disgusting i am! I can't and to be honest haven't even tried to quit! All my other pregnancies i have stopped straight away, no problem but this time i have only managed to cut down by half.

I know its awful and i truely hate myself. I know i should quit but for some reason its not happening :hissy: Have a dig at me and shame me into quitting, please!!
my sister craved ciggies during her pregnancy i wasnt happy with her but her baby was fine so its ok.

i didnt give up straight away i did like u i cut down by half then went the dr's and asked for help. and i got given a smoking inhaler thing that didnt work then she gave me patches they worked for me. just keep trying . do u know anyone that smokes who will give up with u that really helps having somone to give up with. i dont think your a bad person or need shouting at im sure all u need is abit of help from your dr and u will do it . gl :)

book yourself a private scan. i think will make it more difficult to smoke cos its more real then and look up horrible things on the internet about smoking. Imagine the litle baby's only air is your cigarette smoke!

Hi ladies, I just wanted to wish you all the best for trying to quit smoking i cant imagine how hard it must be and dont feel bad, no one is perfect xx

i didnt give up straight away i did like u i cut down by half then went the dr's and asked for help. and i got given a smoking inhaler thing that didnt work then she gave me patches they worked for me. QUOTE]
Ive cut down a from 20 a day to 1 a day and i still feel so horrible, my doctor has given me the inhaler but whats the deal with it? my pharmacist said it wasnt to be taken in pregnancy but my doctor said it would help kick the last few quickly, what were you told?? I found out at 6 weeks and im trying to do it as fast as possible but the pharmacist worried me with this inhaler stuff, but surely its safer than that 1 cigarette??

Up until I found out I am expecting I was a 20 a day girl but the day I found out I smoked my last fag. 3 weeks on Friday smoke free! I'd never have done it if I didn't have my baby as motivation. Feel better for it though!

i was wondering how many people here actually smoke while their pregnant ? im not gonna lie i do but im gonna start the nicotine gum today

Hello Amy. I have smoked for 28 years and im almost 39. That's about 90% of my life. I don't know what it's like not smoking... Can't say I am proud of it but I have. I was a nurse, became a Respiratory therapist, husband died of CF, family members have died of emphysema (not all smoked mind you but died of lung problems anyways) I have struggled allot with quitting smoking over the years with no success.... I spoke to a woman on her death bed due to smoking and she told me never to give up trying.. I was well over 3 packs a day every day up until I got my BFP. Talk about an expensive habit! I never did drugs, didn't drink outside of a social setting or to an extreme, and always got upset when I would see anyone I know doing bad drugs and drinking while pregnant. Now I am pregnant and have cut back to 10 smokes a day. TO ME, THATS AN ACCOMPLISHMNET! I am by far not a weak and pathetic person and to those who still smoke, I don't think any less of you at all... I wasn't going to say anything but I felt I needed to cuz I wanted you to know your not alone in this struggle... It doesn't make you a terrible weak person or that your gonna be a bad mother cuz that's just silly to think that way IMO... Keep up the great job in trying to do whats right for you and don't let anyone get you off track in finding a healthier better you. One day at a time, right =)

Really enjoyed reading your post shawnie, your right that is a massive accomplishment!! you should be really proud of yourself for cutting down so much so fast.Im currently using the nicorette inhaler without the nicotene haha its strangely useful!!

Thank you shocker.. I should look into that myself... I am having one helluva time with this... I looked at those electronic smokeless smokes but that would just be an even worse addiction and not help me at all LOL I know one of many biggest things for me is the hand to mouth habit. I have gone through about 3 packages of straws and a bunch of carrots, I'm gonna turn orange!

How are you all doing ladies? (those of you trying to stop smoking??)
Hope you are all winning!!

Keep thinking of that beautiful baby that you are going to hold in your arms soon, think of how precious and fragile they'll be. That always keeps me away from a fag ;)

Good luck and keep trying!! :) xxxx

I don't miss it at all now, i don't mean to rub it in as i know how hard the first few days are, but its been 2 weeks and 2 days for me and im over it. Wouldn't go back to it again, i feel sick just thinking about a fag. Yuk. Good luck to everyone trying to quit, you will get there in the end. I feel so proud of myself and love the fact that bubs will be getting the best start in life!

i didnt give up straight away i did like u i cut down by half then went the dr's and asked for help. and i got given a smoking inhaler thing that didnt work then she gave me patches they worked for me. QUOTE]
Ive cut down a from 20 a day to 1 a day and i still feel so horrible, my doctor has given me the inhaler but whats the deal with it? my pharmacist said it wasnt to be taken in pregnancy but my doctor said it would help kick the last few quickly, what were you told?? I found out at 6 weeks and im trying to do it as fast as possible but the pharmacist worried me with this inhaler stuff, but surely its safer than that 1 cigarette??
im on patches i was told by 2 dr's and a dr at the hostpital that smoking is far more harmfull than that wats in the things to giv up. im on the lowest patches you can have as i like you cut right down in my smoking so didnt need high dose. but at the same time cant givup without them. you are much more likey to be succesful giving up with help that without . so i would listen to your dr more that the pharmacist as your dr knows whats best for you more than a pharmacist that dont have your notes. your doing really well try not to worry about it all to much your doing great

I'm so glad there is this thread! I got a BFP on Monday. smoked 4 on Monday morning and then decided to quit...

Yesterday was awful and hubby and I bickered (he is giving up too!) still...on day 2 and so far so good...

good luck girlies!!

I'm so glad there is this thread! I got a BFP on Monday. smoked 4 on Monday morning and then decided to quit...

Yesterday was awful and hubby and I bickered (he is giving up too!) still...on day 2 and so far so good...

good luck girlies!!

Well done chick!! :hugs:

good luck girlies!!

thats gr8 gl. it makes a huge diff wen your partner gives up 2 as u both support eachother. my partner gave up with me we bickered abit aswell but we both new why so we didnt hold a grudge. your lucky like i was you have a good partner giving up with u:)

Great job ladies... Just don't beat yourself up if you slip... Just keep trying...I am lucky, my DP doesn't smoke anymore, he's always told me, you will quit when your ready. He's been really supportive with my mood swings even more now thank goodness... I haven't quit completely yet but well on my way...

Congrats on your BFP RC! That's great that he's quitting with you... I've always said once I have a baby I'll never go back to them, I really hope I don't. I've spent all my life doing it, nows its time to spend the rest my life doing something else.

I can't wait till all this crap is over and out of my system... I am like a walking time bomb lol I over heard a friend of the family talking to my sister and a bunch of the girls about me and smoking and I yelled from across the room, "ummm I'm right here, ask my a#$ if you wanna know something." LMAO of course I was a bit more vocal then that but I'm trying to be nice... Think I need to stay home for a while.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say what a great job you ladies are doing and don't give up... You'll always have my support if you need it. Hugs to you all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->