• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smp uk

cooch

Mummy to one gorgeous boy
Reaction score
I've just used the govt calculator online to calculate my entitlement and I'm a bit happier, if it's correct.

It seems, the first 6 weeks are 90% of salary! then up to 33 weeks at £135. It must be correct as it asks about employment and hen calculates it for you. Here's the link if anyone's interested. If anyone thinks this isn't correct let me know. Thanks.

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-maternity-pay

Hiya, yea it's correct. That's statutory minimum for mat pay but your employer may pay enhanced if u work public sector such as nhs or council. Everyone is entitled to 52 weeks off and the last 13 weeks will be unpaid. If ur not entitled to map pay from your employer because of a) your earnings are too low or b) you haven't been there long enough you may be entitled to maternity allowance from the government.

Sorry, got my HR hat on at the moment! Should not work at weekends! Lol

Thanks. My employer gives 13 weeks full pay then it goes to SMP. So, I'll have 13 full, 6 at 90%, then down to the £135pw. Is that correct? It's beginning to sound better I have to say, that 6 weeks will really make a difference to me. Xx

I'd double check with your hr dept but I would have said 13 weeks full and then down to the £136ish payment until you reach the 39 week part.

That's great that u get 13 weeks full pay!!! Mine is purely statutory! Try and get hold of your company mat leave/pay policy, it will explain it all in there xx

that is correct, but kind of sh*t if you ask me! I bring home £1500 give or take, so ill be down nearly a grand a month! and I will be working more hours, no lunch break no weekends or leaving the baby in the office ;)
I am speaking to work to see if I can do over time as we get £20ph, so even an hour a night will give me an extra £100 a week

I need to properly look into this myself cos I get made redundant end of December and will be around 16wks. Hoping I'm entitled to maternity allowance. Don't wanna speak to hr while I'm this early x

I'm really confused by this. The govt website is wrong then, it doesn't mention the 6 weeks at 90% is discretionary. The £135 ish payment means ill be taking home almost a quarter of my usual monthly take home. I'm really going to struggle getting 6 months at this rate, should be proportional to actual earnings.

The 6 weeks at 90% is the minimum your employer can pay your for the first 6 weeks. You are getting full pay for the first 13 weeks therefore your employer is paying you an enhanced maternity package. I agree that it should be proportional but this is the hand we are dealt!

I dont mean to sound funny but u are very lucky to get enhanced maternity benefits! A lot of companies nowadays will only pay statutory.

The way i see you, we will all make it work as we have no choice :) dont worry about money there isnt much point! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->