Snack ideas

sunshine114

Reaction score
I need some healthy, no or little preparation snack ideas. I want to try eating more healthily - I have quite a good diet anyway, but I want to reduce the amount of biscuits etc I have and find something better for me. I eat fruit anyway, and don't want snacks I have to spend ages preparing. I also want something that you don't have to cook / can eat with fingers so I can have them at work between lessons etc. sweet or savory ideas needed! What do you all snack on? :flower:

Greek yogurt! Oh my god I have no idea why I didn't discover this earlier. Its a bit bland on its own so it needs something added so I just add some vanilla extract and a tiny bit of sugar. 150g worth is only 87 cals!

Raw nuts, raisins, dried cranberries or goji berries, raw veggie stick with a dip (humus, guacamole, salsa, etc). Dates if you have a sweet tooth, I remove the seed, stuff it with almond, cashew or walnut. Yummy healthy snack. You can alsk dip them in melted dark chocolate.

I snack on:
Veg and dips; carrots, bell peppers, celery, cucumber etc.
Boiled eggs (boil before you leave the house and just take with you!)
Grapefruit with a spoon
Dried mango (with no added sugars)
Packs of roasted seaweed (you can probably find then in costco)
Almonds
Bananas
Fat free yoghurt (Greek yoghurt is the best) with berries/honey/granola
Sunflower seeds
Small bowl of tomatoes, feta and olive oil
Pretzels
Edemame
Miso soup (you can buy in dried packs, just add boiling water. Get one without MSG as an ingredient)

Hope that helps a bit, I know healthy snacking isn't as fun as eating cake but you feel so much better for it (this is what I keep telling myself too :haha:)

Thanks, some good ideas, I think I need to get better at keeping some dip etc in the fridge at work, and think I definitely need to try more dried fruit too!

I find those caramel snack a jacks great if i get a sweet craving and salted cashews to replace crisps. Also like other have said cucumber ect with dips. Lots of people love those snack boxes maybe try that or use it for inspriration.

I find those caramel snack a jacks great if i get a sweet craving and salted cashews to replace crisps. Also like other have said cucumber ect with dips. Lots of people love those snack boxes maybe try that or use it for inspriration.

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of the snack boxes

Popcorn!!
Buy popping kernels and pop it yourself then add either a small amount of sugar/honey or salt. Xx

Peanut butter on crackers is lovely or im addicted to wheetabix minis. i tried celery sticks in work but they are so noisy to eat lol! Xx

Cut up alot of fruit and keep it in your fridge if you want to dip into a snack. Cut it up in the morning or night before. You can also fill a container with it and bring it to work etc with you. Also the new low low cheese snack packs with bread,cheese and salsa are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->