"Snacks" for hospital bag??

Mum has packed some cereal bars, choc bars, flavoured water drinks and we have some biccies. I reckon I will mainly want ice cold water but am tempted to get some sweets to suck on.

As for afterwards.... I want a fresh salad, decent sandwich (not a horrible hospital one) and some fruit salad. I spent a fair amount of time in hospital about a year ago and I hated the food.

First time so no experience here but I'm taking chocolate, fruit, crisps and going to make some pasta salad and take some stew in a tub (the stew will be for OH most likely, they have a microwave he can heat food up in) but most will probably end up being for after the birth to snack on inbetween meals. Though thankfully you get a meal after the birth no matter what time it is, and they have snack fridges in the ward.

First time so no experience here but I'm taking chocolate, fruit, crisps and going to make some pasta salad and take some stew in a tub (the stew will be for OH most likely, they have a microwave he can heat food up in) but most will probably end up being for after the birth to snack on inbetween meals. Though thankfully you get a meal after the birth no matter what time it is, and they have snack fridges in the ward.

WOW! I'm going to tell Tattie to have her next one in Finland! :thumbup:

WOW! I'm going to tell Tattie to have her next one in Finland! :thumbup:

Haha yeah it is nice in that way

From the second I went into labour until it was all over with I wasn't hungry at all! Didn't even think about food. When I was in early labour I tried eating a curry (my absolute fave one) and I couldn't. That was at 9pm at night, I didn't eat again until 5pm the next day. It was like a switch, labour starts - hunger gone, baby born - mmmmm I'm starving :rofl:

But in my bag I had some hard boiled sweets, some cereal bars, chewy sweets n cartons of juice. They came in handy for my mum and OH but I didn't touch any of it myself.

Great thread!

When i was induced with ds, I wasnt allowed to eat at all... 2 days i didn't eat! I was allowed water and nothing else. this time I will be taking some dried fruit, crisps etc. I actually quite enjoyed the hospital food afterwards. XX

Thanks for this thread - i was wondering the same! It's one of my biggest fears (not just in pregnancy but normally too), being starving and not having anything i fancy eating :rofl:

I reckon my list is going to consist of:

- Bottles of mineral water
- Ribena
- Apples / bananas / grapes
- Chocolate
- Crisps / popcorn
- Cereal bars
- Haribo sweets

And if I don't feel like eating it, there's nothing there I can't take home and use for middle of the night snacks when i'm up with LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->