Snuffle & Cough

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Hebe has had a snuffley nose and a cough for 2 wks now. It's not a bad one but it doesnt seem to be getting better. I'm using saline drops to try to clear it before feeding and getting crusty bogies out as best I can.

At what point should I take her to the Dr?? They cant give you anything for a cold so do we just ride it out??

x

Caitlyn had it for about 3 weeks when she was newborn. It's horrible isn't it? That's when our co-sleeping began :dohh:

I found sitting her in a steamy bathroom cleared her nose up better than the drops xx

Have you tried Snufflebabe? It's like a babies version of Viks Vaporub. Great stuff!

I took Hannah to the pediatrician and all she did was make sure that her cold wasn't in her chest...I guess Hannah's been sick about a week and a half now. But she is getting better. Have you tried (not sure if you can get them there) but Vicks vaporizer (something you can plug into the wall?) Really helped us with the snot issue. If Hebe hasn't shown any improvement though I'd go ahead and take her in. Can't hurt to have it checked out

:rofl: @ snot issue!

Well, Vickie, did you send this cold to my Chase? He's been coughing and sputtering for a few days now. :(

Sitting them in a room with the shower on / kettle on helps loads, if she's sleeping in a moses basket prop up the legs at one end :)

:rofl: @ snot issue!

Well, Vickie, did you send this cold to my Chase? He's been coughing and sputtering for a few days now. :(

:( Maybe. Hannah's honestly wasn't a bad cold, just lots of snot and some coughing. The Vicks vaporizer thing has worked wonders. Will definitely be keeping those on hand from here on out :hugs: Can't believe I never knew about them!

Sickness is going around here like crazy. What I've had to clean up or deal with etc. over the past 4 days. :dohh:

I think taking her to a steamy bathroom might help.
Wait how she gets on in a couple of days to take her to the doctor.

Poor thing,hope she gets better :hugs:

Thanks girls :hugs:

It's ALL about the snot over here too....:dohh:

Those Vicks things do really work wonders with clearing Hannah up!

Over here we have stuff infants can have for cold to help them feel a bit better... Tempra or Childrens tylenol... The vaporizor ide is good too...

Hope little Hebe feels better soon.. im dreading the day Jasmine gets sick lol... she is so sensitive to everything.

Bethany had this too, she was poorly with it for weeks. in the end i took her to the Dr's as she was getting worse, not better and the Dr decided to put her on antibioics. i was worried at 1st as she was only 7 weeks but it seems to have done the trick.......she's so happy now its all cleared up.
hope ur all ok. i had a thread going a couple of weeks ago 4u in 'general chatter,'
xx

Ruby had a persistant cough and snotty nose when she was a couple months old. We took her doctors when it wouldnt clear up and she a slight chest infection so needed antibiotics to shift it. Hope it clears up soon xx

I went to a great pharmacy here that also specializes in homeopathic remedies and they gave me baby echinacea and a powder called Neonate. They have really cleared up Brennan's runny nose. The neonate is pricey, but worth it. You only use a tiny amount, so the 6 grams will last a long time.

https://www.rockwellnutrition.com/HLC-Neonate-Powder-by-Pharmax-Non-Returnable_p_45-60.html

https://www.vitacost.com/Childlife-Echinacea?csrc=GPF-608274101005

Thanks girls :hugs:

Sam - I must of missed that thread hun....I will go and peep now xxx

I took Caitlin to the quacks the minute it started - her Daddy is bad enough with the cold I wasn't suffering twice lol!

They gave her some baby paracetamol and some drops to help clear her nose as it was wakening her up :D

Hope lil miss is better soon x

Oh yer and some baby snuffle under her PJs with a tad around her bumper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->