Snuffle Nose

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
What best for a snuffle nose?

Caitlin has a runny snotty nose which is causing her problems - obviously she doesn't know how to blow and poss a bit of a cold.

Any ideas girls?

Shes 9 months

x

have you tried saline drops? you can get them from chemists and most supermarkets, they will clear it slightly and you could also put her in a steamy room (like the bathroom with the shower on as hot as it will go) and that will help also. Hope she feels better soon, bless her!

Thanks

Just go ther in at the docs for 12 so I'll get something from them and I have one of those nose clearer things so I'll use that after a bath.

x

https://www.healthinajiffy.co.uk/images/karvol%2020%20caps.jpg

Put it on abit of tissue or flannel near her when she is napping i find these work

Or put this in a room havent tried it myself but heard it good for blocked noses

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41B3Y4VJAJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

My son is the same. We just bought a humidifier, which my fiance and I both had as children and it helps with congestion in the nose.

Quack gave her medicine & nose drops I also bought some vapour for her chest but couln't get a plugin :(

Thanks

Just go ther in at the docs for 12 so I'll get something from them and I have one of those nose clearer things so I'll use that after a bath.

x

A cool water vaporizer will help too.

Theres a good one called Nasosal if she has some boogahs stuck up there..

https://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/unbranded/n/unbranded-nasosal-for-children-sterile-nasal-drops-10ml.jpg

Quack said put a damp cloth on her radiator too?!

She has medicine, nose drops to help get rid of all that yak and a vapour ill rub slightly on her bumper and hopefully she'll sleep easier tonight!

Have you got Caitlins mattress raised? It helps them sleep and is good for reflux too:)

:hugs: to poorly Caitlin

Have you got Caitlins mattress raised? It helps them sleep and is good for reflux too:)

:hugs: to poorly Caitlin
No but I have heard about that ... How?

She goes alllllll round her cot its unreal she can get so close to the end of her bed that her baby alarm for breathing goes off :dohh:

roll up a large towel, beach towel or whatever and put under mattress like a 35-45 degree angle. It does help with the reflux, by keeping the acid in the tummy and not going up the oesaphagus :)

As for colds it kinda does the same in that all the mucous runs down the nasal passages, its not deadly scientific but it definitely helps them sleep better when they've got a cold :)

Poor Caitlyn. Erica had the sniffles a while ago and we just used saline drops, and a nasal aspirator. It helped a lot, so I'm sure with all that your doing she will be feeling better in no time. I've never heard of the mattress thing, sounds like a good idea!

You can also buy a wedge to raise one end of the cot, Bethanie has always had one. We got ours really cheap online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->