so annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
My brother lives in Belgium and each year i send him ideas for the boys. I only ever do this as he asks for ideas. This year very mixed messages from my mum and dad about him not wanting ideas as his partner has seen bits to get them and does not understand why i send a list every year (which i send because they ask for!). Anyway out shopping with my mum today and pointed out the my pal scout which we have bought for ds2. Very excited about this, not bought him a huge amount as being a second boy and having limited funds this year not going mad. Going to be personalising it and making it his special gift from father christmas. Well guess what my brother has ordered the same thing, it arrived today (at parents house as he comes home for Christmas) and my dad has unpacked it all and shredded paperwork. Guess i now need to return the one we had and think of something else we can get :nope:
Feel bit sad, just wish he had asked. Gave him no ideas as didn't want but then find out my dad has been ordering things for him to give as he has no ideas!!!! Ordered ds1 a transformer toy as said he is loving transformers. However he is loving the rescue bot transformers and again a simple ask or check before buying and i could of told him that but no he has ordered a different one. Not that it matters too much as know ds1 will love it anyway just ranting a little!

Yeah that's a bit crappy hun. If it is your main pressie to him I would probs just say that to them and give him yours. Sounds to me like its your brothers gf who doesn't want the list tbh xx

Don't let them ruin your gift, tell them that unfortunately they've bought something that he's already got so you'll need to exchange it for something else. Then you can take that one to give to LO as planned (if it's out the packaging already) and exchange the one you bought instead of returning it x

May have to do that looked last night bear still in plastic wrap but can't find paperwork. I can't believe my dad would have got rid as he never does, horde's receipts usually!

May have to do that looked last night bear still in plastic wrap but can't find paperwork. I can't believe my dad would have got rid as he never does, horde's receipts usually!

Take it to toyrus, they'll switch it without a receipt :)

If he ordered it off the internet he'll have an email invoice he can print off to return it :)

aww no. my BIL always asks what to buy, but then disregards what we tell him and manages to buy something that we've got/they already have. 90% of the time its ds2 he does it to

May just return ours. My mum is trying to make me feel guilty like it is my fault! My brother was so happy that he has chosen and bought him a present all on his thinking (he is 34 btw not 5!)

Don't let it ruin your gift, you've chosen that for your LO.

Just tell them they've ordered a duplicate gift and they'll need to return it. End of.

Don't feel guilty, you usually help them out and this year they are the ones who've ruined it by buying the wrong things. There's a reason parents give ideas as they know best! Dohh.

:hugs:

I agree with the others tell them that you have already bought this and you can't return it. It's not your fault they didn't bother to ask and refused to have a list.

That is a bit annoying.. I'd say that you got yours personalised so they'll have to return theirs. And me being me, I wouldn't be able to resist a sarky comment like, "well, this IS why I usually give you a list"!!!

Completely understand how you feel, BiL and his wife just did this to us with Ds2 birthday! I bought the gift months ago and then they sent one from Canada that they had already opened to wrap.

I wish people would ask what DS wants. I have a friend who always buys DS a vtech toy and i thunk when they have one they all do the same thing. DS has never been a fan of them he prefers stuff he can take apart. She managed to but the same one for his bday and xmas last year!! 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"