So annoyed

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
I just knew Isobelle's routine would be put out When she was at MIL's Friday night and half of Saturday day time, she only had 4x7oz bottles and has continued this up until now, whereas before she would be fed every 3hours on the dot, therefor having 5x7oz bottles and STTN. Now she dosen't even cry for a bottle so I just feed her every 4hours, not wanting to over feed her, but the past 2 nights she has woken at 2am (managing to avoid feed) and then at 4am, and this morning just had to feed her. So now my whole routine and amount has been totally screwed. She isn't supposed to have alot because of her weight but my calculations say if she goes every 3hrs thats 6 bottles of 7oz = 42oz and thats WAY too much. But if she goes 7oz every 4hrs thats 5 bottles = 35oz which is what she used to be on and STTN. But my problem is come her 5th bottle at 9pm tonight she will be asleep and we are gonna go through the same again!

Any ideas on how to get her back into her normal routine? Or do I just follow what she is telling me now?

I thought I was doing brilliantly with her routine lol and she was STTN...

Please dont judge me...

:cry::shrug:

Personally I would just go with what she wants. Did your MIL not follow your instructions? She is rounding in on 4 months now so not STTN COULD be due to the sleep regression at that point?

She said she did but Isobelle didnt seem hungry so didn't feed her.

I wasn't going to feed Isobelle at 5am this morning, because to me, it wasnt her hunger cry, I have been thinking maybe 4month regression too, but OH was adamant she was hungry, fed her, and she is still sleeping now :shrug:

xx

Could you turn her last bottle into a dreamfeed?

you say it wasnt her hunger cry, did u recognise the cry as something else? Perhaps she's teething??

They change all the time with feeding and I think we just have to accept this. I've never had 2 days the same. Feeding at different times. It's frustrating I know. I doubt it was mil fault cus im sure you could of got her back wanting every 3 hours. Rory went 4 hours couple of weeks ago and obviously then picked up a night feed. Xx

I think I'm going have do df now until we are on solids. He woke twice again last night. Really didn't want go down the df route but...... x

you say it wasnt her hunger cry, did u recognise the cry as something else? Perhaps she's teething??

no i didnt, but she is teething so maybe it is that. when she is hungry its more of a scream, and this was a whingy cry lol.. cant really explain lol..

xx

I think I'm going have do df now until we are on solids. He woke twice again last night. Really didn't want go down the df route but...... x

Yup, same here hun..

Just gonna have to follow her lead I guess..

xx

My LO was sleeping from 7pm - 5am and then up for the day at 8am... This is now all out and he is up at 2.30am and rising at 7am for the day! Aggghhhh! Gonna try a DF tonight too!

Could be a growth spurt? My Lil had one then, was bit of a nightmare, but she piled on some pounds, LOL! Good luck xx

ps. Just as I got over the trauma of that growth spurt, she has started another one now!! Argh

Could be a growth spurt? My Lil had one then, was bit of a nightmare, but she piled on some pounds, LOL! Good luck xx

ps. Just as I got over the trauma of that growth spurt, she has started another one now!! Argh

lol Isobelle needn't pile on any more pounds!! she is 'too big' already apparently...

xx

I think around that age your lo's stomach expands so they need less feeds per day my l.o just dropped down to every 4 hours too.

she has dropped to 4hourly but still wanting 5 bottles?

xxx

16lb 12oz last week, at 15weeks old.

HV made me feel rubbish tbh ...

xx

When I went for a chat with my hv about Fran's feeding and to discuss weaning, she told me to feed her every 3hrs. I told her she was feeding every 4hrs at that time and she said ok but no longer than that.

I thought about it and decided to try and get her to feed every 3hrs to see if she would get enough milk in her to maybe start sttn or at least drop the extra feed she had recently started taking again.

We are now getting into a nice little routine where she has her first bottle at around 7.30am and her last before bed at 7.30pm. So she feed 3 hourly, has 5 bottles in the day and then goes to bed. Unfortunately she is still waking in the night so is still taking 6 bottles but she is gradually starting to go longer and longer so I'm hoping it won't be long before we can cut it out altogether.

My LO has always fed every 3, somtimes 2 & half hours, she's now on 6oz and still wakes twice through the night for a feed. She was 17lb lastweek at 16 weeks, i wouldn't worry about her weight hun. She's also teething aswell and she woke loads lastnight, could be that affecting your LOs sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->