So confused about my test strips versus digital readings this cycle...

MissDoc

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I've been trying to figure out if I'm past O time or about to O because my OPKs are leading me astray! So I though, what better group of women to ask but you all. :)

So here goes...

-I'm currently CD 14, with a standard cycle that ranges from 25-30 days.
-I've been just using the 20-per-box CVS brand OPK strips until the past 3 days when I've added the CB Adv Digital to help me make sense of things.
-On CD 10 I had really dark pink OPK test line that was almost the same as the control line (seriously wish I would have taken a pic). I wasn't sure if it was positive or not, so BD'd that day just in case.
-CD 11 pink test line getting lighter, so I'm thinking I'm past my surge and probably O'd.
-On CD 12 I had EWCM, but the test strip was even more light and digital reading was not fertile.
-CD 13 really light test line, clearly a negative on the strip OPK, but digi OPK gives me a blinking smiley.
-CD 14, pink line on test strip darkening up (still negative-- I did take a pic of this one, I'll post from my phone if I can), and a 2nd day of blinking smiley on the digi.

What the heck?! :dohh: Does this mean I didn't O on CD 10/11 when I was getting dark OPK lines? It's weird, because the lines lightened up after that day as though I had passed the surge, but now it's like they're gearing up again and digi is a blinking smiley. So am I pre-O now then?

Attached today's pic of strip OPK getting darker again (not positive yet).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
your body may have geared up early but didnt and now its trying again..
blinking smiley is a good sign tho!!
shouldnt be far away

fx for you

Thanks Emma4g63. I didn't know the body could gear up for it, miss it, and try again. Now that you say that, I am remembering that on the day I thought I would O I had a horribly sleepless night, like up almost all night. I wonder if the lack of sleep disrupted things and kept me from Oing? Hopefully my body O's soon to make up for it! But if it waits too long I'm worried that I'll have too short of a luteal phase! Come on, O!

Thanks Emma4g63. I didn't know the body could gear up for it, miss it, and try again. Now that you say that, I am remembering that on the day I thought I would O I had a horribly sleepless night, like up almost all night. I wonder if the lack of sleep disrupted things and kept me from Oing? Hopefully my body O's soon to make up for it! But if it waits too long I'm worried that I'll have too short of a luteal phase! Come on, O!

Yeah it happened to me last cycle iy tried at cd18 but failed and I had all the symptons then I finally did at CD 29! !
So long cycle that month
hope you do ov soon !!

I kno it's very frustrating waiting
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.